Hate crime laws! Should it be tossed from the law books?

Should hate crime laws be tossed from the law books?

• Yes

Votes: 20 83.3%
  • No

Votes: 4 16.7%
  • Stay only if implemented equally.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
You're not very good at concluding.
You are not very good at defending your opposition to hate crime laws
\
In remember you from past encounters. I had considered you a formidable and worthy opponent. Intelligent and not crazy like so many others here. However, you seem to have descended into a quagmire of conservative talking points, rhetoric and dogma at the expense of rational and objective thought. You continue to struggle to justify your opposition to hate crime laws because, according to you they have become something other that the original intent , but cannot really explain how.

Then you confuse the application of protected class status as applied to discrimination, with the issue of hate crimes that applies equally to all persons who target anyone else on the basis of who they are and what group they are part of be it a minority or a majority group. You are not doing very well here

Last edited:
Person A kills Person C to rob Person C and have no witnesses.

Person B kills Person C because he hates Person C because of his race, religion, etc.

In which case is Person C less dead? Should Person A's punishment be less than Person B's punishment if both are caught and convicted?

The entire community is no more or less the victim in ether of the two cases. The entire community isn't killed in either of the two cases.
I disagree. Crimes motivated by bias strike fear into the hearts of everyone who is part of that targeted group, and not just locally. These crimes inspire others to do the same. We saw it with Muslims and now we are seeing it with Asians. The hate spreads like a disease.

Look Dude. . You had your chance to offer a straight forward explanation as to why you oppose hate crime laws and to failed to do so. So yes I concluded....
Didn't I tell you to go fuck yourself? Go on. Get with it. Not playing your moronic games. You don't deserve civil discourse.

I disagree. Crimes motivated by bias strike fear into the hearts of everyone who is part of that targeted group, and not just locally. These crimes inspire others to do the same. We saw it with Muslims and now we are seeing it with Asians. The hate spreads like a disease.
Crimes regardless of the motivation strikes fear into targeted groups and can inspire others to do the same. Let's agree to disagree.

Didn't I tell you to go fuck yourself? Go on. Get with it. Not playing your moronic games. You don't deserve civil discourse.

The poor bastard is about as rational and objective as a fucking fence post.
It's good to have and makes sense in a very singular way ... :auiqs.jpg:

Crimes regardless of the motivation strikes fear into targeted groups and can inspire others to do the same. Let's agree to disagree.
For the record, a simple mugging may instill fear in the neighborhood where it happened, a beat down that is racially motivated ripples fear through every similar community across the country. The mugging is not likely to inspire others to do the same. The hate crime likely will. I really do not understand why any decent person would have a problem with a law that discourages the spread of hate

It seems that you have not thought this through. let me see if I can help:

People kill for many reasons-robbery, power, passion, and yes hate. However hate crime laws are not applicable in situations where the perpetrator hates another individual for personal reasons. They are applicable to crimes that are committed against some one because the perpetrator is hateful towards the community or group that the victim is part of or perceived to be part of.

Hate crime laws, which stiffen penalties for violent crimes are necessary and appropriate because the attack on the person or persons that is motivated by the victims membership in an identifiable group is an attack on that entire group that feels violated. They are intended to deter such acts

Lastly for now, hate crime laws are applicable to any one who commits a crime motivated by bias.
and that includes black on white crime. But the fact is that is almost always the minority person is the victim.
Unless of course it's a white Conservative Christian male, then you can kill them with impunity, eh Commie shitbag?

Forum List

Back