Georgia Sheriff faces warrant for his arrest.

SavannahMann

Platinum Member
Nov 16, 2016
There aren’t many people who can launch an investigation in a Georgia Sheriff. Most complaints are dealt with under the idea that the Jury would take the Elected Sheriff’s word over any accuser. So without a lot of physical evidence it is hard to get something started.

As with all general rules, there are exceptions. And this case is one.

The person filing the complaint is a Judge. The only thing more powerful than a Sheriff is a Judge.

It will be interesting to see how this turns out.

Don't see anything in his record that looks like he murdered anybody or anything, so obviously his 'crime' is being white, as the OP poster's racism is the main interest here, and the female judge is grasping at straws; sounds like a setup.

"The judge’s identity was not made public."

Well, that's convenient.

Last edited:
Unless I overlooked it, it is strange that the Judge's name is not mentioned.

Don't see anything in his record that looks like he murdered anybody or anything, so obviously his 'crime' is being white, as the OP poster's racism is the main interest here, and the female judge is grasping at straws; sounds like a setup.

Well, that's convenient.

Yet the face of the sheriff is up close and 'personal'.

Well, that's convenient.

As I understand it. His crime is touching a women without permission.

I don’t know the races involved. I don’t care. Apparently I wasn’t clear enough for you. Georgia Sheriff’s enjoy a position of power and prestige. It is common for them to reward Allies and punish foes. An example. A local Sheriff won his election. And then immediately canceled the contract for tow truck services with a company that backed his opponent.

To me it is humorous that the Sheriff in question apparently went up against the one person who could trump his power and prestige. Trump used regarding card games. Not the former President.

I don’t care about his color. Nor the Judges. I don’t use color to determine anything.

I don’t know how the case will turn out. I don’t know anything not in the article I linked to. If I didn’t live in Georgia it probably wouldn’t have ended up on my news feed this morning.

So lighten up Francis. To paraphrase a movie.

Yet the face of the sheriff is up close and 'personal'.
Georgia is one of those states that restricts names and information on sexual assault victims. Do they name Rape or Sexual Assault Vjctims where you are?

Suspects with no other evidence than an accusation is ok though?

Ok Scooter. Let’s review what is in the news article. The complaint was filed. Cobb County Police investigated for a month. I don’t know what they found. Perhaps the bar had video. I don’t know.

The Cobb County Police felt they had enough to go to another Judge and get a Warrant.

I don’t know if the Sheriff did it. My post focuses on the power and prestige of the Sheriffs. I believe that the process will determine what happened and any guilt. I believe that the accused will be afforded every right.

I have not said or intimated that the Sheriff is automatically guilty. I don’t know what happened. My post expressed my surprise that the warrant was issued. My post explained that the Sheriffs are powerful in Georgia. That is all I know.

Everything else. The race of the victim. The guilt or innocence. I don’t know. It would be baseless speculation. I don’t normally do that. I normally wait for more information before stating my beliefs or thoughts about what happened.

My post dealt with the power of the Sheriff. Period.

Ok Scooter. Let’s review what is in the news article. The complaint was filed. Cobb County Police investigated for a month. I don’t know what they found. Perhaps the bar had video. I don’t know.

The Cobb County Police felt they had enough to go to another Judge and get a Warrant.

I don’t know if the Sheriff did it. My post focuses on the power and prestige of the Sheriffs. I believe that the process will determine what happened and any guilt. I believe that the accused will be afforded every right.

I have not said or intimated that the Sheriff is automatically guilty. I don’t know what happened. My post expressed my surprise that the warrant was issued. My post explained that the Sheriffs are powerful in Georgia. That is all I know.

Everything else. The race of the victim. The guilt or innocence. I don’t know. It would be baseless speculation. I don’t normally do that. I normally wait for more information before stating my beliefs or thoughts about what happened.

My post dealt with the power of the Sheriff. Period.

I'll give you that, made some good points.

Did you know that the local county sheriff has more power over you in his county than any other law enforcement official in the nation?
I thought was interesting when I read years ago. Only 3 federal crimes that doesn't apply to.

I'll give you that, made some good points.

Did you know that the local county sheriff has more power over you in his county than any other law enforcement official in the nation?
I thought was interesting when I read years ago. Only 3 federal crimes that doesn't apply to.

Yes. I do know that. It is why I am surprised that the Warrant was issued. As I’ve said a couple times. The accused is reported to be a Judge. And a Judge is about the only official that can overcome the power of a Sheriff.

I don’t know what happened. I do know the Cobb County Police investigated for a month. I am assuming there was some evidence that made the accusation seem plausible. I readily admit and acknowledge that the assumption may be erroneous.

It is why I said it will be interesting to see how this turns out.

Yes. I do know that. It is why I am surprised that the Warrant was issued. As I’ve said a couple times. The accused is reported to be a Judge. And a Judge is about the only official that can overcome the power of a Sheriff.

I don’t know what happened. I do know the Cobb County Police investigated for a month. I am assuming there was some evidence that made the accusation seem plausible. I readily admit and acknowledge that the assumption may be erroneous.

It is why I said it will be interesting to see how this turns out.

It sounds like a setup.

I don’t know the races involved. I don’t care. Apparently I wasn’t clear enough for you. Georgia Sheriff’s enjoy a position of power and prestige. It is common for them to reward Allies and punish foes. An example. A local Sheriff won his election. And then immediately canceled the contract for tow truck services with a company that backed his opponent.

To me it is humorous that the Sheriff in question apparently went up against the one person who could trump his power and prestige. Trump used regarding card games. Not the former President.

I don’t care about his color. Nor the Judges. I don’t use color to determine anything.

I don’t know how the case will turn out. I don’t know anything not in the article I linked to. If I didn’t live in Georgia it probably wouldn’t have ended up on my news feed this morning.

Rubbish. You don't know he did a damn thing. She waits a few days after to file a complaint? lol sure, after everybody has forgotten and there are no witnesses left.

Last edited:
Rubbish. You don't know he did a damn thing. She waits a few days after to file a complaint? lol sure, after everybody has forgotten and there are no witnesses left.

Where did you find that she waited a few days? I hadn’t read that.

You're such a prig.

Forum List

Back