Has the GOP blown it on the Jan 6 committee?

This is shit people in shitholes, after all.
My report was accurate. You didn't challenge a thing in it.

Yours, far from it. A Trumpette fancy.

Your user name is apropos. That means it fits.
That was hardly a "report"....your 'OPINION PIECE' is one from the perspective of a twisted and confused Leftist...My mockery of your "report" is far more accurate.

The former guy has again put the GQP in a lousy situation: They can't risk angering him by backing the Jan 6 Committee, and their cowardice may make things even worse for them.

At least with an even-numbered, bipartisan committee they could have controlled some of what took place and what was released. But if Pelosi puts together a select committee, and they find irrefutable evidence that harms the GQP, the Trumpsters will just have to bend over and take it.

Oh well. Another example of what happens when you choose to sell your soul to a weak man who cares nothing about you.

Embarrassed Republican Max Boot (now most likely a an evil Hitler commie in the eyes of the cult) makes good points here, including gung ho the GQP was with its Benghazi "investigations":

35 House Republicans turned on Trump yesterday.
Here's the list of Republicans who put their heads on the chopping block:
  • French Hill, Arkansas
  • Steve Womack, Arkansas
  • David Valadao, California
  • Carlos Gimenez, Florida
  • Maria Salazar, Florida
  • Mike Simpson, Idaho
  • Rodney Davis, Illinois
  • Adam Kinzinger, Illinois
  • Trey Hollingsworth, Indiana
  • Mariannette Miller-Meeks, Iowa
  • Meijer Peter, Michigan
  • Fred Upton, Michigan
  • Michael Guest, Mississippi
  • Jeff Fortenberry, Nebraska
  • Don Bacon, Nebraska
  • Chris Smith, New Jersey
  • Andrew Garbarino, New York
  • Tom Reed, New York
  • John Katko, New York
  • Chris Jacobs, New York
  • David Joyce, Ohio
  • Anthony Gonzalez, Ohio
  • Stephanie Bice, Oklahoma
  • Cliff Bentz, Oregon
  • Brian Fitzpatrick, Pennsylvania
  • Tom Rice, South Carolina
  • Dusty Johnson, South Dakota
  • Van Taylor, Texas
  • Tony Gonzales, Texas
  • Blake Moore, Utah
  • John Curtis, Utah
  • Jaime Herrera Beutler, Washington
  • Dan Newhouse, Washington
  • David McKinley, West Virginia
  • Liz Cheney, Wyoming
Will these RINOs ever learn?
Glad to see my Republican Congressman has the guts to fully investigate Jan 6
All the people you support are douchebags - indistinguishable from criminals.
All the people you support are douchebags - indistinguishable from criminals.

Weirdest strategy I've ever seen, but who knows. These are weird times.
Most of today's Republicans come from the rural counties of the southern states, Texas, Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Arkansas, Georgia, Tennessee, Kentucky, North and South Carolina. They will not appear on forums such as this one because they know they are uninformed and a bit dense. They have no idea why the believe in Trump. They just do.

It is almost as if they are proud of their folly and are happy one their own is leading the Republican Party.

Hard to believe today's Republicans could capture the House in 2022, but it is entirely possible. Why? Because the uninformed in the rural counties mentioned are in the majority, and the states all have Republican governments. That can't hurt.

This is the South, after all.

Just how dumb are they? They lead the nation in the unvaccinated because they think being vaccinated violates Republican principles. Trump even said so. Unfortunately, Trump didn't mention to his flock that he is fully vaccinated.

How stupid are they? They won't protect their own bodies and their children from the pandemic that has taken the lives of over 600,000 Americans because they think being vaccinated is politically incorrect.

The reason why the republicans have a good chance to win the congress is because democrats don't usually vote in non presidential elections.

Voter turn out in the non presidential election years is always much less than in presidential years.

Also, those people might be the majority in their own states but they aren't the majority in the nation.

Most of today's Republicans come from the rural counties of the southern states, Texas, Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Arkansas, Georgia, Tennessee, Kentucky, North and South Carolina. They will not appear on forums such as this one because they know they are uninformed and a bit dense. They have no idea why the believe in Trump. They just do.

It is almost as if they are proud of their folly and are happy one their own is leading the Republican Party.

Hard to believe today's Republicans could capture the House in 2022, but it is entirely possible. Why? Because the uninformed in the rural counties mentioned are in the majority, and the states all have Republican governments. That can't hurt.

Just how dumb are they? They lead the nation in the unvaccinated because they think being vaccinated violates Republican principles. Trump even said so. Unfortunately, Trump didn't mention to his flock that he is fully vaccinated.

How stupid are they? They won't protect their own bodies and their children from the pandemic that has taken the lives of over 600,000 Americans because they think being vaccinated is politically incorrect.
Psychologists, sociologists and anthropologists will be studying this period for a long time. Personally, I think this is about more than a group of people who have fallen into a misguided, paranoid, ignorant, arrogant ideology. This is about where we are as a society and culture right now, at a macro level, and that's what has me so concerned. I truly thought we were better than this.

This is the evolution of what was started in the 1980s.

We saw a part of it in the bush boy years. I can't forget people who excused, justified and defended torture and violating the Geneva Convention agreement. I can't forget people who excused, justified and defended the bush boy government outing a CIA spy. I can't forget all the lies about WMDs and the persecution so many Americans went through because they didn't buy into the lies. I can go on but I'm pretty sure you can remember those years.

In those years I tried to remember the last time we had a decent republican president. I got back to Eisenhower. He was a decent republican president. Then I realized, every republican president since Eisenhower has been worse than the one before him. I realized that the next republican president would be worse than the bush boy. At the time I couldn't imagine what was worse and didn't want to find out.

We found out.

That is what should keep every real American who loves our nation voting in every election to make sure those crazy people never have the power to harm our nation again.

Revisionist history doesn't change what actually happened. We all watched it live on TV.
Didn't you hear the news? Those were all just computer-generated domestic terrorists! None of it really happened! It was all just fake news!

I SAW IT ON BREITBART I TELL YOU
LefTard Logic:

Domestic Terrorists-
GettyImages-1230454306-1000x667.jpg

GettyImages-1230453213.jpg

Not Domestic Terrorists-
atlanta-protest-mo_hpMain_20200529-213817_16x9_992.jpg

4ad.jpg

Please stop wondering why NOBODY decent, sane and paying attention takes you whack-jobs seriously.
what does that have to do with BLM.
I dont see BLM anywhere, i just see thugs.
Isn't the power to self manipulate cool?
We can lie to ourselves and pretend we see what our FEELZ want us to see.
Well isn't that ironic.

With the cooperation of their minions in the media, democrats seem to be following the script. The plan is to take the focus off the doddering old fool in the W.H. and the mess the Country is in and turn the focus on the former president. It's pretty easy to entertain the hard core democrat base with hate speech but I doubt if it is resonating with the rest of the Country.
Exactly

Revisionist history doesn't change what actually happened. We all watched it live on TV.
Didn't you hear the news? Those were all just computer-generated domestic terrorists! None of it really happened! It was all just fake news!

I SAW IT ON BREITBART I TELL YOU
LefTard Logic:

Domestic Terrorists-
GettyImages-1230454306-1000x667.jpg

GettyImages-1230453213.jpg

Not Domestic Terrorists-
atlanta-protest-mo_hpMain_20200529-213817_16x9_992.jpg

4ad.jpg

Please stop wondering why NOBODY decent, sane and paying attention takes you whack-jobs seriously.
what does that have to do with BLM.
I dont see BLM anywhere, i just see thugs.
Isn't the power to self manipulate cool?
We can lie to ourselves and pretend we see what our FEELZ want us to see.
Well isn't that ironic.
They don't see it.

Trumpsters are gullible enough to make a buffoon into a hero, sensitive enough to make college snowflakes look like Stallone.

Psychologists, sociologists and anthropologists will be studying this period for a long time. Personally, I think this is about more than a group of people who have fallen into a misguided, paranoid, ignorant, arrogant ideology. This is about where we are as a society and culture right now, at a macro level, and that's what has me so concerned. I truly thought we were better than this.

We saw a part of it in the bush boy years. I can't forget people who excused, justified and defended torture and violating the Geneva Convention agreement. I can't forget people who excused, justified and defended the bush boy government outing a CIA spy. I can't forget all the lies about WMDs and the persecution so many Americans went through because they didn't buy into the lies. I can go on but I'm pretty sure you can remember those years.

In those years I tried to remember the last time we had a decent republican president. I got back to Eisenhower. He was a decent republican president. Then I realized, every republican president since Eisenhower has been worse than the one before him. I realized that the next republican president would be worse than the bush boy. At the time I couldn't imagine what was worse and didn't want to find out.

We found out.

That is what should keep every real American who loves our nation voting in every election to make sure those crazy people never have the power to harm our nation again.
The 1980's. What else happened in the 1980's? It was the birth of conservative talk radio, the beginning of the alternate universe.

Trump's success came about because he is a salesman. He recognized a huge, angry, frustrated, paranoid, gullible group of people who just needed someone to vent their rage for them, to justify it. That rage had been building since conservative talk radio began isolating them from the bigger picture, and distorting their very thought processes.

Trump identified this group and went full-on target marketing: He spoke to them exclusively, in their words, in their phrases, with their rage, and with their paranoia, hitting all their hot buttons. They were ripe for the picking, and Trump took full advantage of it. Talk radio and Trump were made for each other, and they feed off each other.

These last five years have been the ugly culmination of that.

The 1980's. What else happened in the 1980's? It was the birth of conservative talk radio, the beginning of the alternate universe.

Trump's success came about because he is a salesman. He recognized a huge, angry, frustrated, paranoid, gullible group of people who just needed someone to vent their rage for them, to justify it. That rage had been building since conservative talk radio began isolating them from the bigger picture, and distorting their very thought processes.

Trump identified this group and went full-on target marketing: He spoke to them exclusively, in their words, in their phrases, with their rage, and with their paranoia, hitting all their hot buttons. They were ripe for the picking, and Trump took full advantage of it. Talk radio and Trump were made for each other.

Which again, you were just fine with and whined Democrats didn't do enough to appease angry white people.

Man, you change your tune pretty fast, don't you?

We found out.

Trump identified this group and went full-on target marketing: He spoke to them exclusively, in their words, in their phrases, with their rage, and with their paranoia, hitting all their hot buttons. They were ripe for the picking, and Trump took full advantage of it. Talk radio and Trump were made for each other, and they feed off each other.

Perfect for mindless mobs and demagogues.

We found out.

Those two groups were made for each other.

Limbaugh was brilliant. He found a way to not only feed into people's fears and paranoia, but to separate them from outside ideas and information. I know he used to say things like "don't listen to the media, this is where you get the truth". I guess that worked. More than anyone else, he created this separate, closed circuit, information ecosystem.

We found out.

Limbaugh was brilliant. He found a way to not only feed into people's fears and paranoia, but to separate them from outside ideas and information. I know he used to say things like "don't listen to the media, this is where you get the truth". I guess that worked. More than anyone else, he created this separate, closed circuit, information ecosystem.

Was Limbaugh religious?

We found out.

Was Limbaugh religious?
He said he was, but there were no other indications of it. Just like the Trumpsters here, he'd only use it as a weapon when needed.

I'd think real Christians would have been pretty offended by that, but who knows.

We found out.

Was Limbaugh religious?
He said he was, but there were no other indications of it. Just like the Trumpsters here, he'd only use it as a weapon when needed.

I'd think real Christians would have been pretty offended by that, but who knows.

Rush Limbaugh was born in Cape Girardeau, Missouri. Limbaugh was raised and considers himself a Methodist. Limbaugh considers himself a spokesperson for America’s religious right, evangelizing the merits of “conservative, family values,” even though he has no children and has been married four times.

To be fair, he had a lot of help from the Media, which clearly shows it didn't understand the white working class and their concerns.

The ironic thing about Limbaugh is he probably never wanted to become what he became. He tried a bunch of times to "mainstream" himself, and they always failed. He died an embittered man, a shadow of his former self.

We found out.

Was Limbaugh religious?

Rush Limbaugh was born in Cape Girardeau, Missouri. Limbaugh was raised and considers himself a Methodist. Limbaugh considers himself a spokesperson for America’s religious right, evangelizing the merits of “conservative, family values,” even though he has no children and has been married four times.
This was all okay with them. Suspension of disbelief is like oxygen in the alternate universe.

We found out.

Was Limbaugh religious?

This was all okay with them. Suspension of disbelief is like oxygen in the alternate universe.

People like Limbaugh mock Christianity and "Christian values" and there are plenty of them.

And then there was that time he got arrested in Philly for soliciting a male prostitute.

Or when he went down to the Dominican Republic with a bottle of Viagra when he was between "Beards"... um, wives.

The problem with the Christian Right isn't that they pick imperfect messengers, like Trump, Limbaugh or your Televangelist who gets caught with a boy-hooker and a pile of blow.

The problem is that they have their value set, and they want that to be YOUR value set, and they are perfectly willing to support awful people to get there.

And this is the real problem. America is culturally conservative and economically liberal. No one in the Christian Right really wants to get rid of Middle Class entitlements, they are just against welfare for poor (non-white) people.

The GOP has been brilliant in getting the working class to support the interests of the investor class (their real enemy) by playing on their religious, racial and sexual fears.

And then there was that time he got arrested in Philly for soliciting a male prostitute.

Or when he went down to the Dominican Republic with a bottle of Viagra when he was between "Beards"... um, wives.

The problem with the Christian Right isn't that they pick imperfect messengers, like Trump, Limbaugh or your Televangelist who gets caught with a boy-hooker and a pile of blow.

The problem is that they have their value set, and they want that to be YOUR value set, and they are perfectly willing to support awful people to get there.

And this is the real problem. America is culturally conservative and economically liberal. No one in the Christian Right really wants to get rid of Middle Class entitlements, they are just against welfare for poor (non-white) people.

The GOP has been brilliant in getting the working class to support the interests of the investor class (their real enemy) by playing on their religious, racial and sexual fears.

These minority players always mock faith. Bibi Netyanhu mocks Jewish values the way ISIS mocks Muslim values.

Forum List

Back