Has Biden explained it will cost From $5.6 Trillion to $71 Trillion to "guarantee We Are Going To Get Rid of Fossil Fuels”

Please tell me you don't think this statement hadn't any affect on the price of gas?
"I guarantee We Are Going To Get Rid of Fossil Fuels” September 06, 2019, 5:49 PM

So the reason you've never seen levels before, IS BECAUSE no other President has EVER GUARANTEED to destroy fossil fuels!
Now here is proof as to how the "fossil fuels" industry took the above GUARANTEE!
Consequently what the CEO of Chevron,Mike Wirth said is representative of fossil fuel executives, banks, shareholders and ultimately gas stations that RAISED their prices while they can!
You’re looking at committing capital 10 years out, that will need decades to offer a return for shareholders, in a policy environment where governments around the world are saying, ‘We don’t want these products.

Biden’s Radical, Anti-Fossil Fuel Energy Policy Costs Americans Dearly
To date, Biden is the only president in modern history not to have held a single oil and gas lease sale on federal lands despite clear direction from Congress to do so quarterly. In reality, gasoline prices increased 48% from Inauguration Day 2021 to the week before Russia invaded Ukraine, and diesel prices increased 49%. The national gasoline price in 2021 averaged $3 a gallon. Gasoline prices today are now averaging above $5, nearly 20 years “ahead of schedule.”
Offshore, the Biden administration has not completed a single lease sale.
In contrast, Trump held eight in his single term and former President Barack Obama held 29 lease sales in his two terms.

NOW for the proof that Biden wants to destroy the "fossil fuel" industry to support his GUARANTEE to RID?

Asked why oil production in the U.S. had not yet caught up to demand, Stephen Nalley, then-acting administrator of the Energy Information Administration, explained to the Senate Energy and Natural Resources Committee that American producers were “trying to reposition for the long term.” It was a diplomatic way of stating what the Biden administration has made very clear: that it intends to put the oil industry in America out of business in the long term.

You should get paid for promoting Big Oil, that is, if you don't already. Nice try.

You should get paid for promoting Big Oil, that is, if you don't already. Nice try.
One of your Marxist comrades gloated (a day or two ago) about how much oil is produced and exported under the Biden dictatorship. So which is it? Oil good? Or oil bad?

One of your Marxist comrades gloated (a day or two ago) about how much oil is produced and exported under the Biden dictatorship. So which is it? Oil good? Or oil bad?
Oil is a necessary evil we must use until other sources can be developed. We will run out of fossil oil sooner than we expect because demand keeps going up, and we've already used up the majority of those resources; we will never run out of biofuels. The important thing is the current usage of oil and coal is unsustainable. Both from a resource and environmental impact point of view. Try to have a good day, I plan on it.

Well one thing for sure, you truly are uninformed about the real world! My motivation is for my Granddaughter's future as I'm over 80 years old and evidently
my limited college education during the 1960s is based on the 5 "Ws" I learned in journalism classes... and as a result I'm evidently just a little more and better informed.
The future is very disturbing to me and it is just frustrating that people don't recognize this future is even more in danger due to the extremely biased MSM that
seems to forget the 5 "Ws" are equal components of the news... NOT the editorial page! In fact I bet you don't know what the "Editorial page" is of the old fashion newspaper! And that's the problem as now almost every "news" story has an opinion of the writer by adding or deleting the actual facts.
Case in point just happened yesterday...

White House Quietly Fixes Jean-Pierre’s Claim About Biden​

The White House has quietly updated a claim made by press secretary Karine Jean-Pierre during a fiery exchange about President Joe Biden’s press accessibility.
It all got a little heated aboard Air Force One on Tuesday as Jean-Pierre fielded questions about how regularly Biden speaks to journalists, with the spokesperson (press secretary Karine Jean-Pierre) claiming that Biden answered more questions than Donald Trump and Barack Obama “combined.”
A journalist asked if Jean-Pierre’s claim was measured by the number of “minutes spoken” or some other metric, to which she answered: “I just said questions... I said number of questions.”
But a White House transcript of the exchange was edited to change instances of Jean-Pierre saying “questions” to “question-and-answer sessions.”
Another update had qualifying information added, explaining that Biden had answered more questions than Trump and Obama “in the first 20 months of their presidencies” rather than over the full course of their terms in office.

So how will most of the biased MSM present this issue? They won't! They will judge it not "news worthy".... again opinion not news!

Oil is a necessary evil we must use until other sources can be developed. We will run out of fossil oil sooner than we expect because demand keeps going up, and we've already used up the majority of those resources; we will never run out of biofuels. The important thing is the current usage of oil and coal is unsustainable. Both from a resource and environmental impact point of view. Try to have a good day, I plan on it.
Hmmm ... a slightly different outlook on "big oil" than your post #143:

"You should get paid for promoting Big Oil, that is, if you don't already. Nice try."

Prove it! Where is your proof that.."out of fossil oil sooner than we expect"
FACTS: Don't worry, we'll never run out of oil
When will we run out of oil? 50 years? 100?
As it turns out, we may never actually run out of this incredibly useful substance.
Christopher McFadden Created: Nov 09, 2022 09:34 AM EST Updated: Nov 09, 2022 12:34 PM EST
Unless its products are combusted, crude oil can be "stored" in the form of things like plastic and plastic bags. In a future where crude oil becomes restrictively expensive to extract, could we see a future where landfills become a source of hydrocarbons for fuel?
The main thing to understand is that resources are only really as limited as our imagination. After all, mass (and energy) can neither be created nor destroyed, only converted. Even processes like nuclear fission, or indeed fusion, could, theoretically, be reversed, although it would take a lot of energy to do so.
That being said, at current consumption, we have by some accounts an estimated 47 years of oil left to be extracted. That equates to somewhere in the region of 1.65 trillion barrels of proven oil reserves. Other sources up this estimate a bit, but most agree we have around 50 years left, give or take.
With regards to other fossil fuels, we have an estimated 53 years of natural gas, and 114 years of coal left to rip out of the ground.
According to some estimates, there are "trillions" of barrels of shale oil in the U.S. alone.
Will we ever use up all the world's supply of oil?
In short, no. We've explained the main reasons above, but there is another factor to consider — the relative rarity of a resource.

Now here are some of the 6,000 products made from oil!
I absolutely guarantee (as Biden said)the tires you buy will cost more because Biden "rid of fossil fuels"...because...
2 billion tires a year are made from 300 million barrels of oil and 1.4 billion barrels of oil per year is used to make asphalt which 94% of our roads are made from!
products-madefrom-oil.png

Well one thing for sure, you truly are uninformed about the real world! My motivation is for my Granddaughter's future as I'm over 80 years old and evidently
my limited college education during the 1960s is based on the 5 "Ws" I learned in journalism classes... and as a result I'm evidently just a little more and better informed.
The future is very disturbing to me and it is just frustrating that people don't recognize this future is even more in danger due to the extremely biased MSM that
seems to forget the 5 "Ws" are equal components of the news... NOT the editorial page! In fact I bet you don't know what the "Editorial page" is of the old fashion newspaper! And that's the problem as now almost every "news" story has an opinion of the writer by adding or deleting the actual facts.
Case in point just happened yesterday...

White House Quietly Fixes Jean-Pierre’s Claim About Biden​

The White House has quietly updated a claim made by press secretary Karine Jean-Pierre during a fiery exchange about President Joe Biden’s press accessibility.
It all got a little heated aboard Air Force One on Tuesday as Jean-Pierre fielded questions about how regularly Biden speaks to journalists, with the spokesperson (press secretary Karine Jean-Pierre) claiming that Biden answered more questions than Donald Trump and Barack Obama “combined.”
A journalist asked if Jean-Pierre’s claim was measured by the number of “minutes spoken” or some other metric, to which she answered: “I just said questions... I said number of questions.”
But a White House transcript of the exchange was edited to change instances of Jean-Pierre saying “questions” to “question-and-answer sessions.”
Another update had qualifying information added, explaining that Biden had answered more questions than Trump and Obama “in the first 20 months of their presidencies” rather than over the full course of their terms in office.

So how will most of the biased MSM present this issue? They won't! They will judge it not "news worthy".... again opinion not news!
Your attitude is basically pessimistic, the future will be challenging but it is also full of opportunities. I am confident the world will survive no matter what. It will simply be a lot better before it begins to dry out, hopefully not like Mars did. But I don't really care about hundreds of thousands or millions of years from now. Everything in this physical universe has a time limit, hopefully our's isn't up yet.

Don't worry, we'll never run out of oil
As it turns out, we may never actually run out of this incredibly useful substance.
Christopher McFadden Created: Nov 09, 2022 09:34 AM EST Updated: Nov 09, 2022 12:34 PM EST
Unless its products are combusted, crude oil can be "stored" in the form of things like plastic and plastic bags. In a future where crude oil becomes restrictively expensive to extract, could we see a future where landfills become a source of hydrocarbons for fuel?
The main thing to understand is that resources are only really as limited as our imagination. After all, mass (and energy) can neither be created nor destroyed, only converted. Even processes like nuclear fission, or indeed fusion, could, theoretically, be reversed, although it would take a lot of energy to do so.
That being said, at current consumption, we have by some accounts an estimated 47 years of oil left to be extracted. That equates to somewhere in the region of 1.65 trillion barrels of proven oil reserves. Other sources up this estimate a bit, but most agree we have around 50 years left, give or take.
With regards to other fossil fuels, we have an estimated 53 years of natural gas, and 114 years of coal left to rip out of the ground.
According to some estimates, there are "trillions" of barrels of shale oil in the U.S. alone.
In short, no. We've explained the main reasons above, but there is another factor to consider — the relative rarity of a resource.

I absolutely guarantee (as Biden said)the tires you buy will cost more because Biden "rid of fossil fuels"...because...
2 billion tires a year are made from 300 million barrels of oil and 1.4 billion barrels of oil per year is used to make asphalt which 94% of our roads are made from!
View attachment 776075

View attachment 776075
Yes, the possibilities are endless; unfortunately fossil fuels aren't. The U.S. Energy Information Administration's ( EIA ) Energy Outlook ( IEO 2021 ) says oil will sunset in 2050. BP, an energy leader says fossil fuels accounted for 80% of energy uses in 2019. By 2050 it will only comprise between 55 - 20% of the total. Take your pick, they're both reliable sources that agree on the fact Big Oil has had it's hay day.

Pathetic, you'd forsake the world's well-being for your own false sense of comfort. Then what would your children and grandchildren do when the world runs out of oil in 2040 or sooner at the rate consumption is going up in the third world. China is now the biggest user of fossil fuels with India a close second. Our consumption is finally leveling off and begin to actually decrease. Renewables are making great strides in helping reduce fossil fuels and we're just starting.

Pathetic, you'd forsake the world's well-being for your own false sense of comfort.

The world does better with cheap reliable energy than it does with expensive intermittent energy.

The rate of consumption is going up in the third world?

Why would they forsake the world's well-being?

Renewables are making great strides in helping reduce fossil fuels and we're just starting.

Great. As long as we add a lot of nuclear energy for reliability.

Yes, the possibilities are endless; unfortunately fossil fuels aren't. The U.S. Energy Information Administration's ( EIA ) Energy Outlook ( IEO 2021 ) says oil will sunset in 2050. BP, an energy leader says fossil fuels accounted for 80% of energy uses in 2019. By 2050 it will only comprise between 55 - 20% of the total. Take your pick, they're both reliable sources that agree on the fact Big Oil has had it's hay day.
Prove it! Where is your proof that.."sunset by 2050"

And be prepared to make up the other 6,000 products made from oil!
products-madefrom-oil.png

Prove it! Where is your proof that.."sunset by 2050"

And be prepared to make up the other 6,000 products made from oil!
View attachment 776097
Believe whatever you wish, this discussion was over before it started ; the world is starting on a better path and No matter what you say or believe it's not going to make a difference.

Believe whatever you wish, this discussion was over before it started ; the world is starting on a better path and No matter what you say or believe it's not going to make a difference.
You are probably right. People my age have seen a lot. I've lived in 4 states. Worked in 4 distinct industries. Have a varied career. I spend about 5 to 6 hours a day using the Internet. Wrote my first web pages (old fashion .html!) in 1995 when in the entire world there were ... there were 23,500. (The year before that, there were only 2,738 websites, according to Internet Live Stats, a site that tracks web trends.)
Now the reason I'm sharing that is after using the Internet since 1988 originally it was a great tool for learning!
I can't say the same NOW! Because I've shared FACTS with people like you and you ignore them.
So I'm going to try one more time with you WARNING you that the majority of EV advocates have IGNORED the most fundamental FACT!
The FACT is EV chargers don't create electricity! The chargers, like your computer, etc. ALL depend on electricity to charge the batteries the chargers use to charge the EVS. Can we agree on that? Should be a no brainer. All electricity except for personal solar panels...(my son has them on his home) is generated by electric utility plants.
FACT: There are today 11,070 total power plants in usa
FACT: These power plants generated in 2021 over 4.165 Trillion kWh or an average of 376.244 Billion kWh per plant.
FACT SOURCE: Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) - U.S. Energy Information Administration (EIA) (AGAIN I didn't make up these numbers OK???)
According to Biden's latest efforts: "New Biden administration pollution rules would require almost 10 times as many EV sales in 2032 as today
AGAIN FACT source: New Biden administration pollution rules would require almost 10 times as many EV sales in 2032 as today
So today Depending on how automakers comply, the EPA projects that at least 60% of new passenger vehicles sold in the U.S. would be electric by 2030 and up to 67% by 2032. For slightly larger, medium-duty trucks, the EPA projects 46% of new vehicle sales will be EVs in 2032.
FACTS: U.S.: annual car sales 2022 | Statista
The U.S. auto industry sold nearly 2.86 million cars in 2022. That year, total car and light truck sales were approximately 13.75 million (or in the United States
60% of 2.86 million or 1,716,000 cars each year to BE EVs
45% of 10,890,000 or 5,009,000 trucks sold each year are to be EVs.
FACT Then in the 7th year with 1,713,271,560 kWh by EV cars and 12,730,039,399 for 35,063,000 trucks total annual electricity needed 12,731,752,671,260 kWh.

FACT: If the current 11,070 electric generating plants each generate 376,244,805 kWh / year then there will need by the 7th year an additional
33,839 electric power plants JUST to meet the criteria of New Biden administration pollution rules would require almost 10 times as many EV sales in 2032 as today

33,839 MORE electric plants to CHARGE the chargers!
FACTS folks! PLEASE dispute and point out where the above people's assessment is WRONG!
Remember Biden is going to destroy fossil fuels! and by the way...
There are over 3,400 fossil fuel-fired power plants in the United States. Power Plants and Neighboring Communities | US EPA
AND remember BIDEN wants them destroyed!
"I guarantee We Are Going To Get Rid of Fossil Fuels” September 06, 2019, 5:49 PM

You are probably right. People my age have seen a lot. I've lived in 4 states. Worked in 4 distinct industries. Have a varied career. I spend about 5 to 6 hours a day using the Internet. Wrote my first web pages (old fashion .html!) in 1995 when in the entire world there were ... there were 23,500. (The year before that, there were only 2,738 websites, according to Internet Live Stats, a site that tracks web trends.)
Now the reason I'm sharing that is after using the Internet since 1988 originally it was a great tool for learning!
I can't say the same NOW! Because I've shared FACTS with people like you and you ignore them.
So I'm going to try one more time with you WARNING you that the majority of EV advocates have IGNORED the most fundamental FACT!
The FACT is EV chargers don't create electricity! The chargers, like your computer, etc. ALL depend on electricity to charge the batteries the chargers use to charge the EVS. Can we agree on that? Should be a no brainer. All electricity except for personal solar panels...(my son has them on his home) is generated by electric utility plants.
FACT: There are today 11,070 total power plants in usa
FACT: These power plants generated in 2021 over 4.165 Trillion kWh or an average of 376.244 Billion kWh per plant.
FACT SOURCE: Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) - U.S. Energy Information Administration (EIA) (AGAIN I didn't make up these numbers OK???)
According to Biden's latest efforts: "New Biden administration pollution rules would require almost 10 times as many EV sales in 2032 as today
AGAIN FACT source: New Biden administration pollution rules would require almost 10 times as many EV sales in 2032 as today
So today Depending on how automakers comply, the EPA projects that at least 60% of new passenger vehicles sold in the U.S. would be electric by 2030 and up to 67% by 2032. For slightly larger, medium-duty trucks, the EPA projects 46% of new vehicle sales will be EVs in 2032.
FACTS: U.S.: annual car sales 2022 | Statista
The U.S. auto industry sold nearly 2.86 million cars in 2022. That year, total car and light truck sales were approximately 13.75 million (or in the United States
60% of 2.86 million or 1,716,000 cars each year to BE EVs
45% of 10,890,000 or 5,009,000 trucks sold each year are to be EVs.
FACT Then in the 7th year with 1,713,271,560 kWh by EV cars and 12,730,039,399 for 35,063,000 trucks total annual electricity needed 12,731,752,671,260 kWh.

FACT: If the current 11,070 electric generating plants each generate 376,244,805 kWh / year then there will need by the 7th year an additional
33,839 electric power plants JUST to meet the criteria of New Biden administration pollution rules would require almost 10 times as many EV sales in 2032 as today

33,839 MORE electric plants to CHARGE the chargers!
FACTS folks! PLEASE dispute and point out where the above people's assessment is WRONG!
Remember Biden is going to destroy fossil fuels! and by the way...
There are over 3,400 fossil fuel-fired power plants in the United States. Power Plants and Neighboring Communities | US EPA
AND remember BIDEN wants them destroyed!

Internet 5 to 6 hours a day ! I believe you have a problem. I get sick of it in less than an hour. It will rot your brain and not allow you to think for yourself anymore. Good luck with that.

Internet 5 to 6 hours a day ! I believe you have a problem. I get sick of it in less than an hour. It will rot your brain and not allow you to think for yourself anymore. Good luck with that.
Well now I understand why you are so illiterate . You are definitely a Luddite and being one you certainly won’t know what you are.

Last edited:
Norway is number one with 99% of their power grid run on renewables

Hydro. In a country of fewer than 6 million.
Norway uses hydropower for around 90% of its electricity output and the country relies on having well-filled reservoirs for the peak-demand winter months.

The latest NVE report covers production from reservoirs capable of holding the equivalent of 100 gigawatt hours of hydroelectric production in the three southern Norwegian power price zones NO1, NO2 and NO5.

Reservoir levels in price zones NO1 and NO2 have fallen to their lowest point in at least 20 years as a dry year has limited restocking.
At the same time, Norway's hydropower prices have hit records, with the NO2 region of southwestern Norway recording its highest daily power price yet of 532.52 euros per megawatt hour (MWh) for delivery on Aug. 18.
and by the way Norway has 98%

Last edited:
Well now I understand why you are so illiterate . You are definitely a Luddite and being one you certainly won’t know what you are.
Whatever, I don't even want to know what that is but it's most likely intended as an insult of some sort of another. That's one of the signs of people spending to much time on the internet, they become rude and believe every discussion is a contest they must win no matter if it's true or not. Good luck with that. You've wasted enough of my time anyway. Good night.

Whatever, I don't even want to know what that is but it's most likely intended as an insult of some sort of another. That's one of the signs of people spending to much time on the internet, they become rude and believe every discussion is a contest they must win no matter if it's true or not. Good luck with that. You've wasted enough of my time anyway. Good night.
And being called a "Luddite" is still an accurate description of your comments because a simple search on Google..."What is a Luddite?"
a person opposed to new technology or ways of working. "a small-minded Luddite resisting progress"

And note unlike you, a Luddite I provide you further validation, i.e. NOT an amateur simple minded opinion based on no proof!
But your observation "become rude ... must win no matter" requires proof as you are accusing me of being RUDE and proof "must win"!
In looking at your comments versus my comments, very few if any of your comments provided links or substantiation.
I believe that most of the people that read your comments versus my comments have greater confidence in my substantiated, OBJECTIVE and FACT based
comments.
Common sense of the readers' indicate that my comments WITH the links are more credible to the readers, versus unsubstantiated and subjective personal opinions...especially when it comes from someone who has said that people who want validation, i.e. using the internet, are "rude and must win no matter".
But the final proof is your comment..."wasted enough of my time anyway." Your saying that is proof that you find my comments that are supported by links and information from people that know far more than I do and definitely more than you ... are "wasted time"! Definitely a "Luddite" characteristic!

And being called a "Luddite" is still an accurate description of your comments because a simple search on Google..."What is a Luddite?"
a person opposed to new technology or ways of working. "a small-minded Luddite resisting progress"

And note unlike you, a Luddite I provide you further validation, i.e. NOT an amateur simple minded opinion based on no proof!
But your observation "become rude ... must win no matter" requires proof as you are accusing me of being RUDE and proof "must win"!
In looking at your comments versus my comments, very few if any of your comments provided links or substantiation.
I believe that most of the people that read your comments versus my comments have greater confidence in my substantiated, OBJECTIVE and FACT based
comments.
Common sense of the readers' indicate that my comments WITH the links are more credible to the readers, versus unsubstantiated and subjective personal opinions...especially when it comes from someone who has said that people who want validation, i.e. using the internet, are "rude and must win no matter".
But the final proof is your comment..."wasted enough of my time anyway." Your saying that is proof that you find my comments that are supported by links and information from people that know far more than I do and definitely more than you ... are "wasted time"! Definitely a "Luddite" characteristic!
You proved nothing. Believe whatever you wish, hope it works out well for you but I have my doubts.

You proved nothing. Believe whatever you wish, hope it works out well for you but I have my doubts.
What a total fraud you are! You don't "hope it works out well"... ! Any time someone like you who has made the negative comments about me and then
you say .."hope it works out well" you are a liar! PLEASE keep up making dumb ass comments like "hope it works out well" because all you are doing is making yourself look bad! Phony comments like "hope it works out well" just reinforce others opinion of you... like saying "have a nice day" to a guy sitting in an,"Old Sparky, Yellow Mama, Gruesome Gertie, Sizzling Sally or Hot Seat"! Look it up! Old Sparky - Wikipedia

Forum List

Back