Has anyone here received the seeds from China?

Disir

Platinum Member
Sep 30, 2011
TUCSON, Ariz. (KOLD News 13) - People in southern Arizona are now among many across the country who have received packages that appear to be from China containing mysterious seeds they did not order.
The Douglas Police Department posted a photo of seeds a resident received, presumably from China.

I haven't gotten any yet. Have any of you?

Last edited:
TUCSON, Ariz. (KOLD News 13) - People in southern Arizona are now among many across the country who have received packages that appear to be from China containing mysterious seeds they did not order.
The Douglas Police Department posted a photo of seeds a resident received, presumably from China.

Not yet but if I do I'll smoke 'em.

If you do receive seeds ....DO NOT PLANT THEM.
1595993116101.png

1595993263482.png

It's Kudzu.. Eats forests and cities both... Native to China... They can cover millions of acres in a year with just a few seeds... MUHHAHAHAHA....

Just one seed below the Seattle Space needle or the St Louis arch and in 2 years -- they're history.,..

It's Kudzu.. Eats forests and cities both... Native to China... They can cover millions of acres in a year with just a few seeds... MUHHAHAHAHA....

Just one seed below the Seattle Space needle or the St Louis arch and in 2 years -- they're history.,..

Considering the state of Seattle.......that may not be a bad idea

Yet it already invaded and was touted to be a good thing just like multiflora rose that was planted all over the midwest in the 50's. Puny pear trees are evidently an issue too but the birds love them in the winter.

Yet it already invaded and was touted to be a good thing just like multiflora rose that was planted all over the midwest in the 50's. Puny pear trees are evidently an issue too but the birds love them in the winter.

From Wikipedia

History of US introduction[edit]
The kudzu plant was introduced to the United States from Japan in 1876 at the Centennial Exposition in Philadelphia.[7][8][14] Kudzu was introduced to the Southeast in 1883 at the New Orleans Exposition. The vine was widely marketed in the Southeast as an ornamental plant to be used to shade porches,[7][15] and in the first half of the 20th century, kudzu was distributed as a high-protein content cattle fodder and as a cover plant to prevent soil erosion. It was cultivated by Civilian Conservation Corps workers as a solution for the erosion during the Dust Bowl.[16] The Soil Erosion Service recommended the use of kudzu to help control erosion of slopes which led to the government-aided distribution of 85 million seedlings and government-funded plantings of kudzu which paid $19.75 per hectare.[7] By 1946, it was estimated that 1,200,000 hectares (3,000,000 acres) of kudzu had been planted.[7] When boll weevil infestations and the failure of cotton crops caused farmers to abandon their farms, kudzu plantings were left unattended.[7] The climate and environment of the Southeastern United States allowed the kudzu to grow virtually unchecked. In 1953 the United States Department of Agriculture removed kudzu from a list of suggested cover plants and listed it as a weed in 1970. By 1997, the vine was placed on the "Federal Noxious Weed List".[5][7] Today, kudzu is estimated to cover 3,000,000 hectares (7,400,000 acres) of land in the southeastern United States, mostly in Alabama, Georgia, Tennessee, Florida, North Carolina, South Carolina and Mississippi.[7][11] It has been recorded in Nova Scotia, Canada, in Columbus, Ohio, and in all five boroughs of New York City.[11]

Kudzu comes from Japan. It dies off in Winter so never became an issue there.

We planted it in the American South, with no snow or killing frosts, it went Triffid on us.

Forum List

Back