Harry Reid says PRIVATE SECTOR jobs doing fine--it's GOV jobs that are suffering

What's inaccurate in that chart? Has the economy not been producing positive private sector job growth since March of 2010?

I didn't say it was inaccurate.

what did I say?

So when you said it was manipulated you didn't mean the data was manipulated?

OK then. Move along.

there can be manipulation in the final product, as to how it got there as the date is charted.... while using acruate data...you get that...right?

so read my post, beginning to end, its quite clear what I am referring to and I why I used the term 'mischaracterization' as well, ...if you are playing games don't waste my fucking time...ok?

Harry Reid is correct

Private sector employment has been up the last few months, it is the cutbacks in government spending and government jobs that is holding down the employment figures

I wonder who insisted on that?

Thanks Tea Baggers

S and P and the other Rating Agencies. Idiot.

Prudence Demands we stop spending 1.5 Trillion dollars a year more than we take in.

"And other rating agencies" no it was just S&P. If you actually read the S&P report the blame lies solely on the republicans. It repeatedly sites unstable policy making as the reason for the downgrade, right after one party flirted with the idea of not paying our bond holders for absolutely no reason.

Actually, the director of S&P went on CNN the day after the downgrade and essentially said it wasnt spending but revenue that was the problen. he specifically pressured the US to repeal the bush tax cuts.

Yields on treasury notes are at record lows, so if your going to claim that our debt is becoming a problem you pretty much just need to reinvent economics entirely. Low treasury yields are the definition of not having a debt problem.

CHART: Private Sector Job Growth Under Obama | Oliver Willis

An updated chart is needed....but the trend has continued. Adding PRIVATE SECTOR jobs every month.

For those who hate clicking on those annoying links.

obama-private-sector-600x423.jpg

like a rigged game huh? you know that chart as massaged and manipulated by the office of the democratic leader is a HUGE mischaracterization right?

Its like me as a doctor attending to you in an E- room, telling you I just saved your arm and you are like yea its there while both your legs are missing and I won't let you look. you are dishonest dude.

Now the conservative defense is that obama is fabricating payrolls reports? wow. so i think we just won the argument if thats all they have to say.

For those who hate clicking on those annoying links.

obama-private-sector-600x423.jpg

like a rigged game huh? you know that chart as massaged and manipulated by the office of the democratic leader is a HUGE mischaracterization right?

Its like me as a doctor attending to you in an E- room, telling you I just saved your arm and you are like yea its there while both your legs are missing and I won't let you look. you are dishonest dude.

Now the conservative defense is that obama is fabricating payrolls reports? wow. so i think we just won the argument if thats all they have to say.

thx for living up to your avatar. :rolleyes:

here...http://www.readingcomprehensionconnection.com/

welcome abroad Clyde.......care for a banana?

Last edited:

thx for living up to your avatar.

welcome abroad....care for a banana?

Banana?!?! Where!?!

I didn't say it was inaccurate.

what did I say?

So when you said it was manipulated you didn't mean the data was manipulated?

OK then. Move along.

there can be manipulation in the final product, as to how it got there as the date is charted.... while using acruate data...you get that...right?

so read my post, beginning to end, its quite clear what I am referring to and I why I used the term 'mischaracterization' as well, ...if you are playing games don't waste my fucking time...ok?

I read your post just fine, thanks.

What part of the presentation of the data is inaccurate or...emmm..."manipulated"?

if you can't answer that question don't waste my fucking time....ok?

Harry Reid is correct

Private sector employment has been up the last few months, it is the cutbacks in government spending and government jobs that is holding down the employment figures

I wonder who insisted on that?

Thanks Tea Baggers

Prudence Demands we stop spending 1.5 Trillion dollars a year more than we take in.

"And other rating agencies" no it was just S&P. If you actually read the S&P report the blame lies solely on the republicans. It repeatedly sites unstable policy making as the reason for the downgrade, right after one party flirted with the idea of not paying our bond holders for absolutely no reason.

Actually, the director of S&P went on CNN the day after the downgrade and essentially said it wasnt spending but revenue that was the problen. he specifically pressured the US to repeal the bush tax cuts.

Yields on treasury notes are at record lows, so if your going to claim that our debt is becoming a problem you pretty much just need to reinvent economics entirely. Low treasury yields are the definition of not having a debt problem.

You, my liberal friend, are full of it. The S&P report said the reasons for the downgrade were that "proposed" cuts to the deficit were in the 1.5 trillion range instead of the 4 trillion that the rating agencies were looking for and that they had serious doubts as to Washington's resolve to make the cuts that WERE proposed. Quite simply, we got downgraded because S&P doesn't believe Washington is serious about deficit reduction.

I'd like to see you cite the director of S&P's comments. I guarantee that he didn't say spending wasn't a problem but revenue was. The rating agencies could care less whether cuts were made or taxes were raised...what they cared about was that the deficit was reduced. So show me where someone from S&P says we could spend all we wanted as long as we got rid of the Bush tax cuts because I KNOW they didn't say that...since it makes no sense at all.

Last edited:

You, my liberal friend, are full of it. The S&P report said the reasons for the downgrade were that "proposed" cuts to the deficit were in the 1.5 trillion range instead of the 4 trillion that the rating agencies were looking for and that they had serious doubts as to Washington's resolve to make the cuts that WERE proposed. Quite simply, we got downgraded because S&P doesn't believe Washington is serious about deficit reduction.

I'd like to see you cite the director of S&P's comments. I guarantee that he didn't say spending wasn't a problem but revenue was. The rating agencies could care less whether cuts were made or taxes were raised...what they cared about was that the deficit was reduced. So show me where someone for S&P says we could spend all we wanted as long as we got rid of the Bush tax cuts because I KNOW they didn't say that...since it makes no sense at all.

Straight from the report-

"We lowered our long-term rating on the U.S. because we believe that the
prolonged controversy over raising the statutory debt ceiling
and the related
fiscal policy debate indicate that further near-term progress containing the
growth in public spending, especially on entitlements, or on reaching an
agreement on raising revenues is less likely than we previously assumed and
will remain a contentious and fitful process.
"

So while the ability to pay bond holders is of course a chief concern, the problem their addressing is our inability to do anything. cause by republicans.

But i would just like to say that the director of S&P did directly single out repeal of the bush tax cuts, as well as warning against austerity that would harm economic growth. That is fact.

Last edited:
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p339TWCjYso]John Chambers S&P Head Explains Why They Decided To Downgrade The U.S. Credit Rating - YouTube[/ame]

specifically says that projected deficits came second to political instability when making their decision

The responses from the left in here are comical. So blind from partisanship. Unemployment is 9.1 but everything is a okay. Laughable

And conservatives pretend that somehow an economy adding 100,000 jobs a month is somehow worse off than an economy shedding 800,000.

That right there is full on idiot.

fedsindpd.png

GDP-growth-reversal-under-Obama-37969645361.png

The economy is growing faster under obama than it did under bush. The problem is that the economy under bush contracted the most in 100 years and obama now has to dig out of that hole.

The responses from the left in here are comical. So blind from partisanship. Unemployment is 9.1 but everything is a okay. Laughable

And conservatives pretend that somehow an economy adding 100,000 jobs a month is somehow worse off than an economy shedding 800,000.

fedsindpd.png

The economy is growing faster under obama than it did under bush. The problem is that the economy under bush contracted the most in 100 years and obama now has to dig out of that hole.

Those stats are pointless when you need 250k just to keep up with population growth.

I'd like to see you cite the director of S&P's comments. I guarantee that he didn't say spending wasn't a problem but revenue was. The rating agencies could care less whether cuts were made or taxes were raised...what they cared about was that the deficit was reduced. So show me where someone for S&P says we could spend all we wanted as long as we got rid of the Bush tax cuts because I KNOW they didn't say that...since it makes no sense at all.

and the related
"

So while the ability to pay bond holders is of course a chief concern, the problem their addressing is our inability to do anything. cause by republicans.

But i would just like to say that the director of S&P did directly single out repeal of the bush tax cuts, as well as warning against austerity that would harm economic growth. That is fact.

What you just quoted was S&P's concerns over our ability in "containing the growth in public spending, especially entitlements...". Do you not understand what that's in reference to? That's S&P saying they don't think Washington is serious about cutting the deficit.

As for the Director singling out the repeal of the Bush tax cuts? Let's see his quote if he did so. I think you're misinformed.

fedsindpd.png

For what it's worth, that second chart is based on original estimates. The actual numbers for 2008 were:

Q1: -1.8
Q2: 1.3
Q3: -3.7
Q4: -8.9

The economy was much, much worse in Q4 2008 than we knew at the time. Obama took over an economy that was shedding an annualized 9% of its value per quarter.

Last edited:

There goes a nutter.

Nobody said everything is a-okay. All that has been said is that the economy is better off now than it was the day Obama took over. The facts are clear. PRIVATE SECTOR job losses have stopped and GDP is up. These are facts.

Losses in the public sector......due to the foolish cuts in spending that have taken place in many states....have dampened the recovery.

You, Gramps, are being lied to. Nutters who buy the lies about our economy usually do so for one of three reasons:

They have been frightened by bullshit rhetoric on talk radio and FOX.

They are sociially conservative and care more about abortions and gay sex than about jobs.

They are bigots and want nothing more than to have Obama out of office.

What is your reason for believing things that are just not true?

and the related
"

What you just quoted was S&P's concerns over our ability in "containing the growth in public spending, especially entitlements...". Do you not understand what that's in reference to? That's S&P saying they don't think Washington is serious about cutting the deficit.

As for the Director singling out the repeal of the Bush tax cuts? Let's see his quote if he did so. I think you're misinformed.

"Compared with previous projections, our revised base case scenario now assumes that the 2001 and 2003 tax cuts, due to expire by the end of 2012, remain in place. We have changed our assumption on this because the majority of Republicans in Congress continue to resist any measure that would raise
revenues, a position we believe Congress reinforced by passing the act."

There goes a nutter.

Nobody said everything is a-okay. All that has been said is that the economy is better off now than it was the day Obama took over. The facts are clear. PRIVATE SECTOR job losses have stopped and GDP is up. These are facts.

Losses in the public sector......due to the foolish cuts in spending that have taken place in many states....have dampened the recovery.

You, Gramps, are being lied to. Nutters who buy the lies about our economy usually do so for one of three reasons:

They have been frightened by bullshit rhetoric on talk radio and FOX.

They are sociially conservative and care more about abortions and gay sex than about jobs.

They are bigots and want nothing more than to have Obama out of office.

What is your reason for believing things that are just not true?

Fox? Bigots? Gay sex?

:confused:

What the fuck is wrong with you? Please seek help... you desperately need it.

:cuckoo:

John Chambers S&P Head Explains Why They Decided To Downgrade The U.S. Credit Rating - YouTube

specifically says that projected deficits came second to political instability when making their decision

One again you've proven my point. John Chambers is specifically asked whether S&P wanted to see spending cuts or revenue increases and he responds by saying the S&P does not take stands on how a deficit reduction is achieved. Sorry, but you're full of hot air.

He also does not put deficits "second" to political instability...he cites them equally as problems...but what's important is that the reason they are concerned about the political instability is that they don't think deficit reduction can be achieved with the political polarization now present in Washington.

Last edited:

fedsindpd.png

Those stats are pointless when you need 250k just to keep up with population growth.

Those stats are pointless? how is that pointless? That is US GDP, which is used to measure our ability to pay off debt, and the industrial production index.

So now GDP and amount of industrial production mean absolutely nothing? wow, your one intelligent economist....

The reason we dont have 250k growth is a) lack of stimulus b) public sector job cuts.

But not to mention...

Anyone that claims an economy adding 100,000 jobs in spite of austerity measures (now) is worse than an economy shedding 800,000 jobs with massive spending is a totally oblivious moron.

Forum List

Back