Harry Reid: Jobless benefits top priority in 2014

"people who are waiting and waiting to find a job still get the important check that they deserve.”

They deserve? So in other words the world owes them a living and they should wait for somebody to come to their door with a job. Typical Democrat way of thinking!

P.S. The EMPLOYER pays ALL of the unemployment contributions.

Harry Reid: Jobless benefits top priority in 2014 - Seung Min Kim - POLITICO.com
I've been paying into unemployment insurance for 40 years and you're god-damn right I expect something in return.

The EMPLOYER makes ALL of the unemployment contributions. NOT YOU

-

Again, that is not true. I pay for my Unemployment INSURANCE!

New Jersey State Tax Information | Payroll Taxes

State Unemployment Insurance (SUI):

Employee rate includes the following:
*0.00%-Health Care subsidy Fund;
*0.3825%-Unemployment Compensation Fund;
*0.0425%-Workforce Development Fund

You have to love Democrats, they cause the Unemployment then ride in on their white horses to save the poor unemployed...they aren't stupid but they know a lot of people will buy into it and it BUYS them votes

this party is one sick and evil bunch

You have to love Democrats, they cause the Unemployment then ride in on their white horses to save the poor unemployed...they aren't stupid but they know a lot of people will buy into it and it BUYS them votes

I find your comments un-American.

Not like the brazen giant of Greek fame,
With conquering limbs astride from land to land;
Here at our sea-washed, sunset gates shall stand
A mighty woman with a torch, whose flame
Is the imprisoned lightning, and her name
Mother of Exiles. From her beacon-hand
Glows world-wide welcome; her mild eyes command
The air-bridged harbor that twin cities frame.
"Keep, ancient lands, your storied pomp!" cries she
With silent lips. "Give me your tired, your poor,
Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me,
I lift my lamp beside the golden door!
"

"

omg...You're un-American if you use that as an excuse NOT to find a job and find NO PROBLEMS with living off the backs of others in this country
what a loser

Last edited:
omg...You're un-American if you use that as an excuse NOT to find a job and find NO PROBLEMS with living off the backs of others in this country
what a loser
I've been paying into UI for over 40 years; I'm not living off the backs of anyone.

And you're a fucking psycho bitch from hell, if you think people desire to live off unemployment benefits, rather than have a job!

what a loser
I've been paying into UI for over 40 years; I'm not living off the backs of anyone.

And you're a fucking psycho bitch from hell, if you think people desire to live off unemployment benefits, rather than have a job!

so, living off EXTENSIONS you didn't pay into is not LIVING OFF the backs of others
look in a mirror to see a psycho loser...but you did get an atta boy for your vulgar name calling of people here
Loser

Last edited:
so, living off EXTENSIONS you didn't pay into is not LIVING OFF the backs of others
look in a mirror to see a psycho loser...but you did get an atta boy for your vulgar name calling of people here
Loser
I don't know why you're so mean to me, but I kinda like it!

In fact, it's getting me hot!

Say some more....

...wait, let me turn down the light...

...okay, now go ahead!

Loser
I don't know why you're so mean to me, but I kinda like it!

In fact, it's getting me hot!

Say some more....

...wait, let me turn down the light...

...okay, now go ahead!

go play with yourself...probably the only one who will

"

It's one thing to take the tired, poor, and general outcasts of the world and forge them into amazing men and women. It's another thing to deliberately create them through public policy and pretend to help them for power.

No "side" cares about the unemployed and jobless benefits. It's just words for the camera made by "our" so called representatives that only look after themselves and their own selfish interests.

If anyone from Congress or the Department of Justice did care about the rights of struggling workers and families then somebody might investigate the Department of Labor Employment &Training Administration and find out why they illegally threatened the state of California with the end of the Federal Emergency Unemployment Compensation Program (EUC08) on 2/7/12.
Department Of Labor Abuse Of Authority Photos by corazonroto512 | Photobucket

EUC08 benefits improperly denied due to federal agency mistakes

This was just a few months after a California claimant had successfully challenged and refuted mistakes that the US DOL published in the federal EUC08 guidelines that the involved state labor agency the Employment Development Department had blindly followed, causing the improper extended unemployment benefit denials (several thousand dollars). Those mistakes were published in UIPL 23-08, about how states were to handle determinations, payments and adjudication of "Multiple EUC Claims", in August of 2008.
http://wdr.doleta.gov/directives/attach/UIPL/UIPL23-08C1a1.pdf

These errors led to this claimant, and many others nationwide, being improperly paid lesser remaining funds from older EUC08 claims, instead of establishing a new claim for EUC08 based on a state benefit year that had just run out in the most recent benefit year. The new state claim was more beneficial and the law requires that eligibility for EUC08 claims be based on this most recent benefit year and not any older one (at least until all current entitlement was out of the way first). The US DOL incorrectly thought that any older claims with any remaining funds had to be paid first. As a result, claimants nationwide have suffered a terrible penalty. They get trapped on older claims from the past with lesser weekly benefit amounts and are forced to exhaust those claims fully before they are "allowed" to be paid from the new EUC08 claim they just became eligible for in the most recent benefit year and eligibility period (with a high weekly benefit amount). They are being told, for example, "sorry, but you have to finish off 60 weeks of an old claim for $75/week before you can be paid the current $450 week claim you just became eligible for. And if you take more than 52 weeks to finish off that old claim then kiss that new one goodbye as well". This is madness (and not legally justifiable as proved in a California court of law on 10/20/11). EUC08 is a "federal extension" of your state unemployment funds. State unemployment does not work backwards like this. It pays forward. Have you ever heard of someone being told that they have to finish off an old state unemployment claim from when they were 17 years in 2008 old working at McFastFood inc. at $75/week with 20 weeks left over, before they become eligible for a new 2013 claim based on the job they just lost managing an IT team for $450/week? The law simply does not work that way (for state or federal unemployment benefits).

California court appeal refutes government implementation errors

The US DOL became directly involved in this state administrative court of law appeal case involving the California Unemployment Insurance Appeals Board (CUIAB), and claimed that their interpretation of the federal law and their own regulations was correct and that the California Claimant was wrong. They even provided the following documentation to back up the California EDD (on 10/7/11):
The Illegal Noncompliant EUC08 Policy In Writing Photos by corazonroto512 | Photobucket

Despite this, the California claimant had much stronger backing evidence from the federal law and US DOL regulations, and on 10/20/11 they prevailed against both the state and federal agency. CUIAB case A0-265448, proved that the US DOL had published a serious error in the federal EUC08 guidelines.
CUIAB Case A0265448 Victory On October 20 2011 Photos by corazonroto512 | Photobucket

Post appeal aftermath

The government very unhappily agreed to pay the denied EUC08 funds and adjust the incorrect claim history to comply with the actual federal law while ignoring the published mistakes about "Multiple EUC Claims". But, they refused to admit their mistakes that were affecting up to millions of other EUC08 claimants in California and every other state nationwide (same guidelines used by all states).

The US DOL contacted the White House about the problems this claimant brought up on 10/21/11:
White House Notified About CUIAB Case A0-265448 Photos by corazonroto512 | Photobucket

Then a few months later the US DOL, instead of petitioning the federal superior courts to appeal the state administrative decision against them and their flawed implementation of federal law, they simply threatened the state of California with the end of the EUC08 program if they dared use that appeal case to help any other claimants who were denied benefits the same way. They acted as if they had power and authority to subvert a state court of law decision against them and simply demanded the state ignore the results...or else.
Department Of Labor Abuse Of Authority Photos by corazonroto512 | Photobucket

Here are some highlights that prove that the Obama Administration has gotten totally out of control, that they are the least open government we have seen in some time, that there is no transparency, no oversight nor accountability if this type of illegal behavior is allowed to go unchecked:

(i) "This decision is contrary to Federal Law. This case came to our attention as the result of an inquiry from Mr.XXXX. I am writing to request the state to take actions set forth below to remedy this problem."

(ii) "the state's EUC08 decisions must be consistent with UIPL No. 4-10 Change 4. Since the CUIAB's decision is inconsistent with this UIPL, the agreement requires the EDD to appeal the CUIAB's decision, and if successful, to issue a determination establishing an overpayment of any EUC08 benefits paid to Mr. XXXX before the payment of regular compensation based upon his most recent benefit year."

(iii) "If there is no reversal of this decision, then the EDD is not to use the CUIAB's decision as precedent in making future determinations of the eligibility for EUC08. Using this decision as precedent will result in the termination of the Agreement with the Secretary of Labor which will require the end of the EUC08 program in California. In addition, any EUC08 benefits incorrectly paid as the result of no reversal of the decision will result in disallowed costs under any audit. "

And without the use of our court system, the state agencies caved in and agreed to cover the problem up, to use state funds to pay for the federal EUC08 that was "mistakenly" paid as a result of CUIAB case A0-265448, and to never apply the results of the appeal victory to any other victim of the same US DOL implementation mistakes:
California EDD And CUIAB Abuse Of Authority Photos by corazonroto512 | Photobucket

"Dear Mr. Yamamoto,
This letter responds to your letter February 7, 2011, letter to Marty Morgenstern, Secretary of the Labor and Workforce Development Agency, regarding decision in CUIAB Case No. A0-265448/XXXX. Secretary Morgenstern has asked us to respond to you on this matter:
Pursuant to our conversation last week with Jamie Bachinski, and in accordance with your letter, we wish to provide you with the following assurances:

1. The Employment Development Department has not and will not use the decision in Case A0-265448 as a precedent for its determinations under the Emergency Unemployment Compensation Program (EUC) program.
2. The decision in Case No. A0-265448 will not be adopted by the CUIAB as a precedent.
3. Any and all benefits paid in error to Mr. XXXX pursuant to Case No. A0-265448 will be paid without the use of Federal funds.
4. CUIAB will conduct EUC training so that its judges fully understand the issues and deficiencies in Case No. A0-265448.

We appreciate Jamie speaking with us last week to provide clarification on the DOL's expectations for resolving this matter. It is our understanding that with these assurances it will not be necessary to pursue further action in court to seek the overturn of Case No. A0-265448. Thank you for helping us achieve a satisfactory resolution to this matter. "

Top priority: Cover the mess up for as long as possible

Harry Reid and the rest of his cronies have been informed of these problems repeatedly. Both sides of the aisle are refusing to act in any way shape or form. If they did it would mean they would actually have to hold their "own" accountable for a change and admit to this historic disaster. It's as if this strong evidence does not even exist as far as they are concerned. The same goes for our joke of a Department of "Justice" (that only protects the government first and foremost, as well as the rich and powerful). I am appalled that the general public is mostly apathetic to such clear and strong evidence of government wrongdoing, waste and harm (who can blame the average overloaded US citizen when there are so many cases of unresolved government misdeeds?).

This evidence is not going away. The victims are still waiting for help. Our government does not want to incriminate their own and the public does not seem to get how serious and far reaching these unchecked abuses of authority go (every EUC08 dollar improperly denied is a dollar that could have gone into our economy and towards recovery efforts). The same mistakes that a claimant refuted in a court of law are still being used nationwide by every state labor agency despite a decision in a court of law that refuted them. Who knows how many of the 30 million+ claims for EUC08 benefits so far may have been affected. There are literally billions of dollars at stake, and that has a direct negative affect on our struggling economy:
Emergency Unemployment Compensation 2008 (EUC08) and Federal-State Extended Benefit (EB) Summary data for State Programs, Employment & Training Administration (ETA) - U.S. Department of Labor

I wonder how these victims feel about being ignored for so long? (by the government, by the media and by the general public)

(from unemployed friends)
by Rdp321 on Sat Jul 02, 2011 7:54 pm

Hi Jerkyspace,

Yesterday I found your blog and found that we are in the same situation. Yesterday I received notice from EDD of my new benefit weekly amount that reflects the part time temporary and it shows I will only receive $81 per week, when I was used to receiving $305 per week from the original job or parent claim. Do you think I still have a chance and tell EDD rep that there is a Deferred New Claim program or the HR4213 that should allow me to stay on my parent claim? What advice can you give me. I have no idea how I am going to continue living with $81 per week with me and my 3 young kids. I am so depressed at this situation, I was only trying to do the right thing to take a part-time job and now I am being penalized for doing so.

02-07-2011, 04:24 PM
cardfan33
7 posts, read 6,573 times

I wanted to add on this post a copy of the e-mail I sent to my Congressman and both Senators. I think my situation is the same as most and more and more are discovering it each week.

Here is the text:

I wanted to comment about one of the provisions of HR 4213.

I lost my job in December 2008, and went on unemployment. At that time, I received the maximum amount of $427 per week. I started my job search and was able to find a few temp jobs and a seasonal job as well, but nothing that was either full-time or permanent.

At the beginning of November, 2009, I had to apply for 1st tier Federal extension and received 4 weeks at $421. My State benefit year then ended on the first week of December and I had to open a new claim. This time the amount was for $321.

Again, I was able to find temp work, a job with the Census and a summer job.

In November, I ran out of my regular state benefits and applied for a tier 1 Federal extension and received a claim judgment for $321 per week, however, there had been earlier legislation that kept my previously claimed extension open and I was being paid from that at $427. In other words, pay the oldest claim first.

The problem came at the end of this past benefit year on the first week of
December. I again applied for a new year as required and was given a WBA of $126.

I heard of a provision in HR 4213 that allowed for individuals to stay on their federal extension if their new amount was either $100 or 25% less than they were receiving through said extension. The intent was not to punish those who were continuing to take whatever work they could find.
I was informed it did not apply to me because NHES has ruled that my benefit year did not end after the enactment of the bill.

This interpretation, in my mind has left me with some serious doubts about a system that actually does punish you for working, by finding a loop-hole to avoid the intent of a federal law.

I have never taken a dime of assistance -- no food stamps, rental assistance, fuel assistance, etc. I have spent all my savings and drained my 401k to pay a mortgage on a house that I lost anyway. Paid 18 months of COBRA and can't afford healthcare. And this interpretation has left me facing eviction, and last week my storage locker with many of my personal belongings was auctioned off.

There is no way to express my anger and frustration at what is happening here beyond writing a letter to anyone who might be able to actually do something about this. For me, it is obviously too late, but it might help someone else.

Fix HR4213 to allow for retention of benefits from the most current year.

(HR4213 is the name of the bill for public Law 111-205, the "part time penalty fix" that the US DOL EUC08 program guideline mistakes have improperly negated for many struggling workers)

"Decency, security and liberty alike demand that government officials shall be subjected to the rules of conduct that are commands to the citizen. In a government of laws, existence of the government will be imperiled if it fails to observe the law scrupulously. Our government is the potent, omnipresent teacher. For good or for ill, it teaches the whole people by its example. Crime is contagious. If the government becomes a lawbreaker, it breeds contempt for the law, it invites every man to come a law unto himself. It invites anarchy. (United States v. Olmstead, 277 U.S. 438 (1928)."

Links w/more details:

http://www.usmessageboard.com/law-a...t-of-labor-has-violated-federal-statutes.html

Helpful Points of Law for problems with "Multiple EUC Claims" and attempts to be paid from "Expired" EUC Claims (collect, file) - benefits, rate, legislation, insurance, jobless, extension, jobs, employers, employees, hiring, resumes, occupations, go

https://www.facebook.com/UnemploymentBenefitsRestorationProject

Last edited:
From jobs being a top priority in '09 to jobless benefits being a top priority in '14. What will be a top priority in '19? Vacation pay for the jobless?

Democrats are desperate to keep their base dependent on the federal government. If the media ever becomes honest again the democrat party is finished.

"people who are waiting and waiting to find a job still get the important check that they deserve.”

They deserve? So in other words the world owes them a living and they should wait for somebody to come to their door with a job. Typical Democrat way of thinking!

P.S. The EMPLOYER pays ALL of the unemployment contributions.

Harry Reid: Jobless benefits top priority in 2014 - Seung Min Kim - POLITICO.com

Mitch McConnell: Saving my ass in 2014 in the primaries is my number 1 priority. Screw the jobless, I need to keep my job.

Democraps want to keep the welfare group intact for the 2014 and 2016 elections.

This ^^^ post brought to you by a member of the echo chamber. Always sure to use a contraceptive to prevent a pregnant thought, and sure to have an original idea aborted for fear of being called a RINO.

Mitch McConnell: Saving my ass in 2014 in the primaries is my number 1 priority. Screw the jobless, I need to keep my job.

If you were in their situation as to being unemployed and having a hard time finding a job, you might learn something called empathy.
That's right pal. You're definition of "empathy" is to give the money the 'Makers' are making and giving it to the 'Takers'. Don't compute.
Face facts. Virtually 100% of the long term unemployed will NEVER find a job. The only jobs available are working for the Government. Virtually 100% of these Government slack-asses are functionally illiterate.
The Liberal Indoctrination Centers AKA the public school system controlled by the union bosses continues to fail the students. Of those who graduate only a few are able to read or write. Forget math skills.
So if you are looking to blame some one look no further than the Liberal Indoctrination Centers and the union bosses.

Which is better for the Democrat party.
People who work and make up their minds at the voting booth or
Someone dependent on government for that little cash boost every week and beholden
to the Democrat party.

And then you have the dumbasses in the Democrat party like Nancy Pelosi
go on about how UE bennies are good for the economy.

Forum List

Back