Harry Reid: Jobless benefits top priority in 2014

Harry Reid will limp through 2014 because democrats are too afraid of getting voted out of office to do anything.

Then you haven't done what you should be doing.
You don't know shit!

I'm doing everything I should be doing.

I highly doubt that.

The jobs are just not out there.

Go ahead and keep voting for so-called liberals. They're so good with fostering a bustling economic environment... :eusa_whistle:

well, he, probably is. But you have to realize that if your are not 25-30 anymore it is much more difficult with this "recovering economy" of the failure we have for 5 years now.

In the year let's say 2005 he won't have any problem - unemployment was less than 5%

I agree with the second part - he can thank his voting choices for the lack of options

I don't know what the top priority should be yet, but I know what the priority somewhere well above 'jobless benefits' should be, create more jobs. Treating the symptoms is like how we address medical care in the west. Instead of preventing the illness or curing it, we treat the symptoms. Consequently, we still get sick, and people still die from things they shouldn't.

I don't know what the top priority should be yet, but I know what the priority somewhere well above 'jobless benefits' should be, create more jobs. Treating the symptoms is like how we address medical care in the west. Instead of preventing the illness or curing it, we treat the symptoms. Consequently, we still get sick, and people still die from things they shouldn't.

Then you must not have very good medical insurance or doctor. In 2010 I worked for Dish network out of Springfield which is a 120 miles round trip to the warehouse from Noel Mo. I used to drive there and Branson to do installs. Unfortunately the contractor I was working for was corrupt so I had to go with another contractor out of Fayetteville Ark. that guy shorted my 1k on installs. over a one month period. it is not the govt. that creates these jobs it's corporations that squeezing the wages and life out of workers.

Last edited:
Then you haven't done what you should be doing.
You don't know shit!

I'm doing everything I should be doing.

The jobs are just not out there

and whose policies are to be blamed for this?
that's right - reid and obama.

The GOP also. Industries and corporations have a hard time opening plants and hiring people when Washington is constantly fighting and not passing budgets and having govt. shut downs. The GOP has been of no benefit to workers in the US just as the dems.
Unemployment is not a hand out since you had to earn the benefits.

Last edited:
and whose policies are to be blamed for this?
that's right - reid and obama.
Both should be blamed for this.

But republicans get more of the blame because they voted down every jobs bill that was submitted to them and they are actively trying to screw the poor.

This is another example of group favortism by the democraps.

The democraps look at people who need jobless benefits as yet another group of "useful idiots" that they can try and secure more votes from for the democraps.

That is why the corrupt Harry Reid wants to make jobless benefits a top priority in 2014, because the mid-term elections are later that year.

Yeah, there are no repubs on unemployment.

I highly doubt that.
You can doubt all you want, but you don't have a clue as to what I'm doing, what I'm going through and what I've done.

Go ahead and keep voting for so-called liberals. They're so good with fostering a bustling economic environment... :eusa_whistle:
Obama's not a liberal. This is not a liberal government. And it doesn't have liberal policies.

And the biggest reason for the state of the economy, was the republican led repeal of Glass-Steegall.

Well, they have nothing else to stir their base up with

Obama's and his OScamCare approvals are in the crapper, so

go back to the same ole same ole

Exactly right.
Democrats know exactly what to do to get heat off of them - propose another way to give people money for nothing - and then yell and scream at the evil Republicans when they vote it down.
And it works every damn time.

Spoken like a true Dim. Priority is more government handouts, instead of jobs that get people off the handouts in the first place and in control of their own lives.

He needs to speak to another genuis in his party, Joe Biden, who has been busy working to provide that THREE letter word J-O-B-S.

Now why wouldn't he speak to John Boner and the Repubs? Remember when ole John declared that JOBS was the number one priority of the repugs and the ultra rich.

Where are them jobs? Besides China, Mexico and India?

Spoken like a true Dim. Priority is more government handouts, instead of jobs that get people off the handouts in the first place and in control of their own lives.

He needs to speak to another genuis in his party, Joe Biden, who has been busy working to provide that THREE letter word J-O-B-S.

Now why wouldn't he speak to John Boner and the Repubs? Remember when ole John declared that JOBS was the number one priority of the repugs and the ultra rich.

Where are them jobs? Besides China, Mexico and India?

That's what they ran on in 2010. Wonder how they're going to explain why they should be re-elected to their constituents.

"people who are waiting and waiting to find a job still get the important check that they deserve.”

They deserve? So in other words the world owes them a living and they should wait for somebody to come to their door with a job. Typical Democrat way of thinking!

P.S. The EMPLOYER pays ALL of the unemployment contributions.

Harry Reid: Jobless benefits top priority in 2014 - Seung Min Kim - POLITICO.com
I've been paying into unemployment insurance for 40 years and you're god-damn right I expect something in return.

The EMPLOYER makes ALL of the unemployment contributions. NOT YOU

-

Not quite entirely the story, lad.

Employees salaries are less than they would be otherwise in order for the employer to make those payments.

I've been out of work since june of 1987. I never got a dime of unemployment benefits. What I did get was job/career/work benefits....called military retirement. Career selection/preparation/planning is key.

blind luck helps also....

i too have been out of work, since February of 1977. i never got a dime of unemployment benefits.

yaaaaa.., it is called Military Retirement. for putting one's life on the line for 20+ years.
career selection/preparation/planning is key.

i won't say anyone who does NOT join the Military is afraid of dying young or a coward, but when it comes to liberals/democRATS........, nuff said !! :up:

Forum List

Back