Harry and Meghan were meant to embody post-racial Britain. So much for that

Nothing defines the Royal Family as much as yesterday’s family summit.
Meagan was told her presence was not necessary.

It is HER freaking life and they tell her ....your input is not required

Evidently, Prince Harry and Meagan will not live in the US as long as Trump is President

If I was in Harry’s shoes I’d duck out of as much of the Royal life as possible too. His only real “duty” the rest of his life is to be available as emergency king should some disaster take out all those in line ahead of him, and that’s not gonna happen.

As Prince Harry and his wife, the Duchess of Sussex Meghan Markle, make plans to move to Justin Trudeau’s woke paradise, Afua Hirsch is bitter. The author of “Brit(ish): On Race, Identity and Belonging” (yes, it reads exactly as it sounds) writes in The New York Times to claim it was racism that drove Harry and Meghan out of the United Kingdom. -

If the media paid more attention to Britain’s communities of color, perhaps it would find the announcement far less surprising. With a new prime minister whose track record includes overtly racist statements, some of which would make even Donald Trump blush, a Brexit project linked to native nationalism and a desire to rid Britain of large numbers of immigrants, and an ever thickening loom of imperial nostalgia, many of us are also thinking about moving. -

Hirsch is a proud member of a long lineage of “writers” whose entire worldview and existence is colored by race, like a mirror image of Richard Spencer. She is the Ta-Nehisi Coates of Britain. Celebrated by the same literary critics who are products of the education system that has corrupted academia since the early 1990s, she isn’t the only onThere are a bunch of such people on both sides of the pond, including Hirsch, Coates, Pankaj Mishra, Suketu Mehta, Elie Mystal, and Yasmin Alibhai Brown, who claim to speak for every nonwhite person (including the millions of conservative Britons and Americans). They often threaten to quit Britain or America, but almost never leave.

How Prince Harry Turned Into Lena Dunham

^One wishes Harry and Meghan all the best in their new lives, but that is where the sympathy must end. This has nothing to do with racism, no matter how many columns you see in the Guardian and New York Times reinforcing that trope. If anything, this incident reinforces that composure and class, stoic fortitude, and a sense of duty and propriety are not due to either bloodline or money. Some people possess them, and most do not.

1. It is so unfair to the English people and especially the Royal Family to apply the R-word to this situation.

2. The Duke simply made a terrible mistake in marrying the young lady, who is a very spoiled and self-centered person.

3. Well, of course, people were somewhat astonished that he was marrying a person of her background. As far as I know, in recent English history at least, everyone in English royalty has been Caucasian. It is only human that some people were startled by this sudden change. (By the way, I have read that the Duke has a reputation of doing things to infuriate the Royal Family.)

4. The Royal Family, I have read, has gone out of its way to welcome the Duchess and to make it clear that Her Majesty has no problem with the Duchess's background. It is the Duke and the Duchess that have implied that there is a problem where there isn't one.

5. I agree with some people that Her Majesty should strip both of them of their titles, if they are so miserable. Without those titles, they will discover that very few people either in England or Canada or here in the States have any interest in them.

Why would Prince Harry marry a black women given the history of the British Empire in Africa and with Black people?!throughout the World. There were many caucasian women that he could have chosen. He chose this female knowing that there would be adverse comments about his choice. I say he made this mistake not expecting the public response.
There are many blacks that don't approve of mixed marriages also.

^One wishes Harry and Meghan all the best in their new lives, but that is where the sympathy must end. This has nothing to do with racism, no matter how many columns you see in the Guardian and New York Times reinforcing that trope. If anything, this incident reinforces that composure and class, stoic fortitude, and a sense of duty and propriety are not due to either bloodline or money. Some people possess them, and most do not.
Are you seriously saying that she doesnt have the class to fit into that dysfunctional family ?

Are you seriously saying that she doesnt have the class to fit into that dysfunctional family ?

I said it was nothing to do with racism.

That's Britain's issue. However if she did not know what it was about then she is a moron. She knew. She loved the glamour but not the responsibilities the office called for. A century ago or so Britain was the gem of the then earth. Now its declining with an invasion of people who think differently and the last couple of generations living off its glorious past with a bleaker future.

That's Britain's issue. However if she did not know what it was about then she is a moron. She knew. She loved the glamour but not the responsibilities the office called for. A century ago or so Britain was the gem of the then earth. Now its declining with an invasion of people who think differently and the last couple of generations living off its glorious past with a bleaker future.
Again you do not know anything about this girl or what her attitude is. Another racist passing judgement using the britain in decline racist trope. You confirm the OP.

Again you do not know anything about this girl or what her attitude is. Another racist passing judgement using the britain in decline racist trope. You confirm the OP.
And you confirm the Prog globalist 1984 Orwellian Satanic accusation we will put you into concentration camps sect that is growing in the world. It is so easy to see. She was a partier. Divorced and a bit skanky. A lot of Western women are like that. She got lucky. But does not want to play the game that she signed up for in return for pure luxurious living. That is Britain's problem anyhow.

Two adults in this age did not know what they were getting into, especially in the context of British society? This is the stuff of Monty Python.

We saw much of the same when Obama was elected

We thought it was a sign that we had put our racist past behind us. It came roaring back

And yet he was elected, and were it not for the white support, he wouldn't be. Kind of blows your "white people are racist" crap right out of the water.

1. It is so unfair to the English people and especially the Royal Family to apply the R-word to this situation.

2. The Duke simply made a terrible mistake in marrying the young lady, who is a very spoiled and self-centered person.

3. Well, of course, people were somewhat astonished that he was marrying a person of her background. As far as I know, in recent English history at least, everyone in English royalty has been Caucasian. It is only human that some people were startled by this sudden change. (By the way, I have read that the Duke has a reputation of doing things to infuriate the Royal Family.)

4. The Royal Family, I have read, has gone out of its way to welcome the Duchess and to make it clear that Her Majesty has no problem with the Duchess's background. It is the Duke and the Duchess that have implied that there is a problem where there isn't one.

5. I agree with some people that Her Majesty should strip both of them of their titles, if they are so miserable. Without those titles, they will discover that very few people either in England or Canada or here in the States have any interest in them.

Why would Prince Harry marry a black women given the history of the British Empire in Africa and with Black people?!throughout the World. There were many caucasian women that he could have chosen. He chose this female knowing that there would be adverse comments about his choice. I say he made this mistake not expecting the public response.
She needed to be strong enough as she knew what she was getting into. We have had this strong women agenda thrown to us for many years. And to many fail when pushed. She actually failed doing royal duties and living the luxurious life of very few people in the world. How do you do that? The Queen has it down. She waves her hand and moves on. Just by acting royal she would have sold herself to the people there.

She needed to be strong enough as she knew what she was getting into. We have had this strong women agenda thrown to us for many years. And to many fail when pushed. She actually failed doing royal duties and living the luxurious life of very few people in the world. How do you do that? The Queen has it down. She waves her hand and moves on. Just by acting royal she would have sold herself to the people there.
And she is black as well.

Got absolutely nothing to do with it.

Don't lie, and give a false impression to these people.

It was the behaviour, virtue signalling, behaviour from both of them.

And she is black as well. Virtue signalling? Thats a right wing buzzword for people behaving like decent people.

And she is black as well. Virtue signalling? Thats a right wing buzzword for people behaving like decent people.

What's being black got to do with it?

And the rest of your turnspeak?

Forum List

Back