Harry and Meghan were meant to embody post-racial Britain. So much for that

Tommy Tainant

Diamond Member
Jan 20, 2016
Y Cae Ras
Harry and Meghan were meant to embody post-racial Britain. So much for that | Amna Saleem

Everything that could have predicted the pair’s joint decision to step back as senior royals can be directly traced back through all the sensationalist and derogatory headlines written about Markle. She couldn’t even enjoy avocados without being framed as a drought- and murder-fuelling traitor, set on bringing down the monarchy.

It seems we are not as advanced as we thought. These youngsters have been hounded from day one by a gutter right wing press catering to the many racists in the country. I wont shed tears on their behalf , they have choices. But as a society this comes as a wake up call.

Not such a shock when our right-wing idiot PM describes black people as picaninnies with watermelon smiles. I thought we might be better than that but it seems we are not.

We saw much of the same when Obama was elected

We thought it was a sign that we had put our racist past behind us. It came roaring back

Harry and Meghan were meant to embody post-racial Britain. So much for that | Amna Saleem

Everything that could have predicted the pair’s joint decision to step back as senior royals can be directly traced back through all the sensationalist and derogatory headlines written about Markle. She couldn’t even enjoy avocados without being framed as a drought- and murder-fuelling traitor, set on bringing down the monarchy.

It seems we are not as advanced as we thought. These youngsters have been hounded from day one by a gutter right wing press catering to the many racists in the country. I wont shed tears on their behalf , they have choices. But as a society this comes as a wake up call.

Not such a shock when our right-wing idiot PM describes black people as picaninnies with watermelon smiles. I thought we might be better than that but it seems we are not.
We don't care about you and your piccaninnies, even if they are royals..

It's the Sister-in-Law. She's a snooty bitch. Hah! Sounds like the typical family.

Well, the Royals are supposed to be a symbol of the UK.

Blacks are like 3% of the population.

It does seem to undermine their role.

Just saying.

Ignoring that, is not being post racial. It is just being delusional.

1. It is so unfair to the English people and especially the Royal Family to apply the R-word to this situation.

2. The Duke simply made a terrible mistake in marrying the young lady, who is a very spoiled and self-centered person.

3. Well, of course, people were somewhat astonished that he was marrying a person of her background. As far as I know, in recent English history at least, everyone in English royalty has been Caucasian. It is only human that some people were startled by this sudden change. (By the way, I have read that the Duke has a reputation of doing things to infuriate the Royal Family.)

4. The Royal Family, I have read, has gone out of its way to welcome the Duchess and to make it clear that Her Majesty has no problem with the Duchess's background. It is the Duke and the Duchess that have implied that there is a problem where there isn't one.

5. I agree with some people that Her Majesty should strip both of them of their titles, if they are so miserable. Without those titles, they will discover that very few people either in England or Canada or here in the States have any interest in them.

We thought it was a sign that we had put our racist past behind us. It came roaring back

Well, when you spend eight years, vilely smearing normal partisan opposition as racist, you will cause harm.

How are you personally coping with the guilt?

Just saying.

..in the US, most of the racism claims are bullshit

Just saying.

Agreed. It would be great to see a study, as to what percentage of such claims are actually founded on anything more that bullshit.

Just saying.

Agreed. It would be great to see a study, as to what percentage of such claims are actually founded on anything more that bullshit.
actually a lot of black hate and racism is overlooked/not documented/etc

And she's not even that obvious, like if I saw her walking down the street, my first thought probably wouldn't be that she's black.

yes--the blacks/libs became more hateful -racist

You are a great example of what we are talking about

Keyboard Racists
1. hahahahhahahah---you people have over used the R word so much that it means nothing now ---hahahhahaha
2. blacks commit hate crimes at TWICE the rate of whites
Offenders

bmva2k9yf5a41.jpg

Thiers hope for usmb member Sobieski saved's parents after all

Forum List

Back