Harley-Davidson electric motorcycle prototype to be launched

I don't think it'll be seen as a Harley any more than the water cooled Harley is recognized as a Harley by people like me . This is for new blood as old time Harley riders gotta be dying off .

Be interesting to see how much the lack of that distinctive Harley sound plays into the feedback from consumers.

So far Harley riders hate it.

Oh they think it's cool and a good idea..

But they don't want Harley to make it.

You have to assume that the Harley folks recognize the need to have some sort of a "manly" sound coming from this bike. They will deem it a "safety" requirement, so that pedestrians will know that it is coming down the road. But to simply fake the sound of a Harley twin-cylinder motor would be tacky indeed.

Maybe they will make it sound like a jet taking off or a locomotive.

Nothing personal, but Harley riders are, by definition, not terribly bright. This bike, if produced, will be to attract new customers with three-digit IQ's. For a change.

You have to assume that the Harley folks recognize the need to have some sort of a "manly" sound coming from this bike. They will deem it a "safety" requirement, so that pedestrians will know that it is coming down the road. But to simply fake the sound of a Harley twin-cylinder motor would be tacky indeed.

Nothing personal, but Harley riders are, by definition, not terribly bright. This bike, if produced, will be to attract new customers with three-digit IQ's. For a change.

As much as I dislike Harley's (I'm a BMW man) they tend to be doctors and lawyers....so yeah...they are pretty bright. It takes money to buy them and your average moron hasn't got the cash to buy 'em.

That being said I think electric bikes are pretty worthless. A few more years and they will probably be a lot better but right now as an example the Isle of Man TT has an electric class. They do one lap of 30 miles at an average speed of around 105 mph. The ICE bikes do 6 laps at an average of 129 mph.

My boyfriends a tech @ a harley dealership/shop and he's not too happy about it. He went to school for 9 months to get that job and he said once they release these him and all the other mechanics are gonna have to figure out how the hell to fix em. He said the techs are already aggravated with those vrods

•Pinky•

not sure but it probably has a plug in to diagnose faults

according to reports it has its own neat sounds

As much as I dislike Harley's (I'm a BMW man) they tend to be doctors and lawyers....so yeah...they are pretty bright. It takes money to buy them and your average moron hasn't got the cash to buy 'em.

That being said I think electric bikes are pretty worthless. A few more years and they will probably be a lot better but right now as an example the Isle of Man TT has an electric class. They do one lap of 30 miles at an average speed of around 105 mph. The ICE bikes do 6 laps at an average of 129 mph.

according to the cnn like does about 53 miles -yikes -

A dumber idea has never been dumber than that dumb idea. HD Dummies!!

A 1969 BSA Thunderbolt. More fun than a barrel full of Harley dummies!

Forum List

Back