Happy Confederate Memorial Day Texans

The irony, Lincoln will remain in US history unless leftists have their way. You will fade into obscurity and no one cares
No leftist wants to erase history you stupid Simp. We're just dispelling your silly fantasies and propaganda and putting you and yours in your proper place. Lincoln will be remembered for being dragged into doing the right thing. His only concern at the start of the war was restoring the Union. None of these old ass whites are going to escape judgment.

You know he was President of the United States during the war, right?
And? That was almost two whole centuries ago you dumb fuck. I don't give a shit about Lincolns opinion. Bowing to other people's opinions are for you servile fucktards. Not me.

"So he was lying his entire political career..."
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ummmm? What?

He was "lying" about his perception of what caused the war for 19 years of the 5 year war?
How does that work?

Good poster Dudley, your time machine is stalling on you. Or you don't access Google. Sit down, calm yourself, and re-think your thinking.
The war was ONLY 1860 to 1865......his career began about 1846. 14 years before the war even began. In other words, his "lying" (your words, not mine).....doesn't quite cover your hyperbole.

You are making MAGA look ....well, look uninformed. You are playing right into the cliche' about MAGA. It's a bad look. Don't do that.

Don't let the Left rewrite history. The war was not about slavery, it was about forcing states to remain part of a confederation that they had withdrawn from.

Abraham Lincoln's Letter to Horace Greeley

Executive Mansion,
Washington, August 22, 1862.

Hon. Horace Greeley:
Dear Sir.

I have just read yours of the 19th. addressed to myself through the New-York Tribune. If there be in it any statements, or assumptions of fact, which I may know to be erroneous, I do not, now and here, controvert them. If there be in it any inferences which I may believe to be falsely drawn, I do not now and here, argue against them. If there be perceptable in it an impatient and dictatorial tone, I waive it in deference to an old friend, whose heart I have always supposed to be right.

As to the policy I "seem to be pursuing" as you say, I have not meant to leave any one in doubt.

I would save the Union. I would save it the shortest way under the Constitution. The sooner the national authority can be restored; the nearer the Union will be "the Union as it was." If there be those who would not save the Union, unless they could at the same time save slavery, I do not agree with them. If there be those who would not save the Union unless they could at the same time destroy slavery, I do not agree with them. My paramount object in this struggle is to save the Union, and is not either to save or to destroy slavery. If I could save the Union without freeing any slave I would do it, and if I could save it by freeing all the slaves I would do it; and if I could save it by freeing some and leaving others alone I would also do that. What I do about slavery, and the colored race, I do because I believe it helps to save the Union; and what I forbear, I forbear because I do not believe it would help to save the Union. I shall do less whenever I shall believe what I am doing hurts the cause, and I shall do more whenever I shall believe doing more will help the cause. I shall try to correct errors when shown to be errors; and I shall adopt new views so fast as they shall appear to be true views.

I have here stated my purpose according to my view of official duty; and I intend no modification of my oft-expressed personal wish that all men every where could be free.

Yours,
A. Lincoln.
The north didn't fire the first shot over slavery .... or anything. But nice letter, not that it's relevant to the issue.

I did.
I reject your suggestion within it.

So, for you -----try reading Lincoln's masterpiece, his 2nd Inaugural Address, spoken about 40 days before he was killed by Booth.

It is only about 700 words long. But it is clear and unambiguous in it's brief that slavery caused the war.
Lincoln says it far better than I ever could.

To wit:
"These slaves constituted a peculiar and powerful interest. All knew that this interest was somehow the cause of the war. To strengthen perpetuate and extend this interest was the object for which the insurgents would rend the Union..."
And yet in his letter to Horace Greeley near the beginning of the war he unambiguously stated that the war was to preserve the Union, not do anything about slavery. There was no eisegesis on my part.

The north didn't fire the first shot over slavery .... or anything. But nice letter, not that it's relevant to the issue.
The Union invaded the Confederacy but keeping federal troops on foreign soil after secession. That is an act of war. The CSA had ever right to fire upon the invaders.

And? That was almost two whole centuries ago you dumb fuck. I don't give a shit about Lincolns opinion. Bowing to other people's opinions are for you servile fucktards. Not me.
This has to be one of the dumbest takes I've ever seen.

Don't let the Left rewrite history. The war was not about slavery, it was about forcing states to remain part of a confederation that they had withdrawn from.

Executive Mansion,

Hon. Horace Greeley:
Dear Sir.

I have just read yours of the 19th. addressed to myself through the New-York Tribune. If there be in it any statements, or assumptions of fact, which I may know to be erroneous, I do not, now and here, controvert them. If there be in it any inferences which I may believe to be falsely drawn, I do not now and here, argue against them. If there be perceptable in it an impatient and dictatorial tone, I waive it in deference to an old friend, whose heart I have always supposed to be right.

As to the policy I "seem to be pursuing" as you say, I have not meant to leave any one in doubt.

I would save the Union. I would save it the shortest way under the Constitution. The sooner the national authority can be restored; the nearer the Union will be "the Union as it was." If there be those who would not save the Union, unless they could at the same time save slavery, I do not agree with them. If there be those who would not save the Union unless they could at the same time destroy slavery, I do not agree with them. My paramount object in this struggle is to save the Union, and is not either to save or to destroy slavery. If I could save the Union without freeing any slave I would do it, and if I could save it by freeing all the slaves I would do it; and if I could save it by freeing some and leaving others alone I would also do that. What I do about slavery, and the colored race, I do because I believe it helps to save the Union; and what I forbear, I forbear because I do not believe it would help to save the Union. I shall do less whenever I shall believe what I am doing hurts the cause, and I shall do more whenever I shall believe doing more will help the cause. I shall try to correct errors when shown to be errors; and I shall adopt new views so fast as they shall appear to be true views.

I have here stated my purpose according to my view of official duty; and I intend no modification of my oft-expressed personal wish that all men every where could be free.

Yours,
A. Lincoln.
FALSE FALSE FALSE

"Lincoln had already chosen the last option (freeing some slaves and leaving others) in the Emancipation Proclamation, which he proposed to his cabinet one month before writing this letter, but had not yet made that public, as explained to Reuters via email by Christian McWhirter, Lincoln Historian at the Abraham Lincoln Presidential Library and Museum (here) and Harold Holzer, co-chairman of The Lincoln Forum and former chairman of the Abraham Lincoln Bicentennial Foundation and co-chair of the U. S. Lincoln Bicentennial Commission (here)."

FALSE FALSE FALSE

"Lincoln had already chosen the last option (freeing some slaves and leaving others) in the Emancipation Proclamation, which he proposed to his cabinet one month before writing this letter, but had not yet made that public, as explained to Reuters via email by Christian McWhirter, Lincoln Historian at the Abraham Lincoln Presidential Library and Museum (here) and Harold Holzer, co-chairman of The Lincoln Forum and former chairman of the Abraham Lincoln Bicentennial Foundation and co-chair of the U. S. Lincoln Bicentennial Commission (here)."
/---/ Lincoln had considered options. Well, that makes him a smart, great leader because, at the end of the day, he freed the democRATs' slaves and saved the Union. And that's why you hate him.

After the war. freed slaves surrounded President Lincoln wherever he went thanking him for what he did.
1713350359467.png

/---/ Lincoln had considered options. Well, that makes him a smart, great leader because, at the end of the day, he freed the democRATs' slaves and saved the Union. And that's why you hate him.

After the war. freed slaves surrounded President Lincoln wherever he went thanking him for what he did.
View attachment 933284

Except for the several hundred thousand dead ones he killed in contraband camps and those confined to the govt. plantations and not allowed to leave without written permission from the new carpet bagger owners.

And yet in his letter to Horace Greeley near the beginning of the war he unambiguously stated that the war was to preserve the Union, not do anything about slavery. There was no eisegesis on my part.

Apparently what Lincoln himself said several times isn't considered 'facts' to the myth makers.

He blockaded a port, and rejected peace delegations from Virginia. The first has historically always been considered an act of war'; silly schoolyard rules for children like 'Tommy hit me first!!!' don't apply. No other reason to re-supply Sumter.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ummmm? What?

He was "lying" about his perception of what caused the war for 19 years of the 5 year war?
How does that work?

Good poster Dudley, your time machine is stalling on you. Or you don't access Google. Sit down, calm yourself, and re-think your thinking.
The war was ONLY 1860 to 1865......his career began about 1846. 14 years before the war even began. In other words, his "lying" (your words, not mine).....doesn't quite cover your hyperbole.

You are making MAGA look ....well, look uninformed. You are playing right into the cliche' about MAGA. It's a bad look. Don't do that.

Take some more fentanyl and babble some more. You don't know what you're talking about as usual.

He blockaded a port, and rejected peace delegations from Virginia. The first has historically always been considered an act of war'; silly schoolyard rules for children like 'Tommy hit me first!!!' don't apply. No other reason to re-supply Sumter.
But the Port of Charleston was UNITED STATES TERRITORY AT THE TIME THE SECCESIONISTS DESTROYED IT.

Executive Mansion,

Hon. Horace Greeley:
Dear Sir.

Yours,
A. Lincoln.

No news here to anyone that knows the slightest about Civil war history.

Lincoln's may have expressed abolitionist sentiments during his election campaign, but he made it clear that saving the Union was his top priority by far.

However, Lincoln was not the only person concerned with the Civil War. The leaders of the Confederacy made it very clear that the reason for leaving the Union was to protect slavery, and throughout the North many people were adamant abolitionists.

Everyone knew that Lincoln was an abolitionist at heart - which is why these groups fought the war.

Yes, the Civil War was primarily about slavery.

Executive Mansion,

Hon. Horace Greeley:
Dear Sir.

Yours,
A. Lincoln.
Slavery was an accepted part of life in 1860 in many areas of the world.

Black people, Jews, and Indians all engaged in the slave trade and warfare… one of the main if not the core argument against the confederacy was that they were traitors or monsters for owning slaves It’s entirely misplaced. States rights were indeed an issue, and actually many confederate soldiers didn’t even own slaves.

The idea that the confederates were evil is very misplaced. It doesn’t hold up to historical scrutiny. It’s something that I used to engage in , in some capacity ….but I’ve always had a soft spot for Thomas J Stonewall Jackson. In the end, the confederate soldiers were are fellow Americans, and they are the ancestors of many Americans today.

There were many honorable men who fought for both sides of the US Civil War. It is some kind of hypocrisy and ignorance of history when people attempt to call the confederate, racist or evil. By that narrative, all of the African war lords and empires who engage in the slave trade were evil. That is what is called providing a 21st-century moral perspective to the 19th century.

The destruction of confederate statues of men like Robert E Lee and Thomas Jackson was pure evil. It was reminding us of what the Taliban did to statues in Afghanistan.

Nobody destroys statues of the great men of Africa that may have engaged in expansionist warfare or the slave trade.

Last edited:
Lincoln's may have expressed abolitionist sentiments during his election campaign, but he made it clear that saving the Union was his top priority by far.

Actually his sentiments were white nationalist sentiments, same as the majority of abolitionists. He was for shipping them all back to Africa. As an Illinois politician he helped strengthen the Black Codes so it was impossible for any black to make a legal living in the state, same as a couple of other states did in the 1850's.

During the war he and his armies herded 'freed slaves' into contraband camps where hundreds of thousands of them died just to keep them from fleeing North. Those that weren't incarcerated were forced to work on seized plantations and not allowed to leave without written permission from the administrators. So much for what he claimed was 'freedom'.

Forum List

Back