Happy 420. Bills are pending to decriminalize and legalize Marijuana

Great, decriminalize it at the Federal Level , that's something that's WAY past due but ...

What the fuck is this?
"Last the bill creates a Treasury Federal Fund that could be used for projects to reinvest and rebuild low-income communities through the Department of Housing and Urban Development" ...... Just what we DON'T need, yet another spending money we don't have social welfare SLUSH fund.

..and what's up with this "punish states that continue criminalizing weed"? as much as I think drug criminalization is just plain stupid and a violation of individual liberty it goes against republican principles for the Federal Government to punish states for doing what the people in those states want, if the people of a given state want it criminalized then that's up to them to decide, it's this kind of attempt at social engineering sneak bullshit under the radar nonsense that makes this effort worthless.

Just do a straight up bill that removes marijuana as a controlled substance and drop all this other nonsense and personally I would support this bill.

Great, decriminalize it at the Federal Level , that's something that's WAY past due but ...

What the fuck is this?
"Last the bill creates a Treasury Federal Fund that could be used for projects to reinvest and rebuild low-income communities through the Department of Housing and Urban Development" ...... Just what we DON'T need, yet another spending money we don't have social welfare SLUSH fund.

..and what's up with this "punish states that continue criminalizing weed"? as much as I think drug criminalization is just plain stupid and a violation of individual liberty it goes against republican principles for the Federal Government to punish states for doing what the people in those states want, if the people of a given state want it criminalized then that's up to them to decide, it's this kind of attempt at social engineering sneak bullshit under the radar nonsense that makes this effort worthless.

Just do a straight up bill that removes marijuana as a controlled substance and drop all this other nonsense and personally I would support this bill.
States that continue criminalizing weed should be punished, what's the problem?

I think some of the reason why some people are opposed to the legalization of recreational drugs is because it is like you are making it "acceptable" to children. It is like normalization of drug use. A good way to deter drug and alcohol abuse is to let your kids observe a person who is high or drunk. I used to drink too until I volunteered to be a designated driver several times and observed all the drunk/high people around me and was like, holy retards batman! :D

Cigarettes and alcohol okay because revenue is what it boils down to.

I do not like the idea of LEGALIZING marijuana only because
I have a son----(adult by a long shot---but he could be influenced
to use that garbage) I would not like the idea of legalizing
prostitution either. Both are clear TAX BONANZAS. I kinda
like the cigarette restrictions. I cannot imagine how anyone
in the USA can be a cigarette smoker -

What the fuck is this?

you want to drop ALL CONTROLLED SUBSTANCE rules?
-------sheeeeeesh--------a NITEMARE

I think it would be super cool if we decriminalize all narcotics...fuck it, give more options to teens, blacks, wetbacks and the poor...Give them more choices to achieve impairment...Let them purchase it with their EBT cards...fuck it.
We all know MOST stoners are super productive people, they add a shit-ton of positivity to American society.

What the fuck is this?

States that continue criminalizing weed should be punished, what's the problem?

The problem is that the States are sovereign entities with their own democratic processes, if the people of a given State want to decriminalize marijuana then that's great, follow the States Constitutional process(es) for getting it done, if they don't then the Federal Government has no business attempting to shove it down their throats by "punishing" the citizens of that state for acting in what they perceive is in their own best interests.

We're still a Republic last time I checked....

I think some of the reason why some people are opposed to the legalization of recreational drugs is because it is like you are making it "acceptable" to children. It is like normalization of drug use. A good way to deter drug and alcohol abuse is to let your kids observe a person who is high or drunk. I used to drink too until I volunteered to be a designated driver several times and observed all the drunk/high people around me and was like, holy retards batman! :D
Children watch their parents smoke cigs and drink beer all the time. I don't have kids but I certainty don't get drunk around my nieces. I wouldn't smoke around them either. Unfortunately some parents will and that is their fault for giving a bad example to their children. My parents smoked cigs ilke chimneys and I never picked it up.

Children watch their parents smoke cigs and drink beer all the time. I don't have kids but I certainty don't get drunk around my nieces. I wouldn't smoke around them either. Unfortunately some parents will and that is their fault for giving a bad example to their children. My parents smoked cigs ilke chimneys and I never picked it up.

Yes, unfortunately many times, instead of parents being examples in their children's lives, it is other people, a lot of times older children. That is the downfall of latchkey kids. And a lot of times the parents really are nothing but overgrown children themselves.

Thanks Wheelie! I wish our country would legalize it. I Love all you weed supporters. :smiliehug:
The support is there, it is going to happen.
About six-in-ten Americans support marijuana legalization
It’s not going to happen with Republicans in control of Congress.

And the right’s opposition to decriminalizing marijuana is yet another example of conservative hypocrisy and authoritarianism.

Yes, yes, yes ... conservatives bad, liberals good, mkay?

I think it would be super cool if we decriminalize all narcotics...fuck it, give more options to teens, blacks, wetbacks and the poor...Give them more choices to achieve impairment...Let them purchase it with their EBT cards...fuck it.
We all know MOST stoners are super productive people, they add a shit-ton of positivity to American society.
Are you in your 70s?

What the fuck is this?

For marijuana at the Federal Level, yeah.

The individual States are perfectly competent to apply whatever controls the citizens of each State see fit to apply to it.

Are you in your 70s?

Haha...you only missed it by 30 years-ish.
You hate logic when it comes to your favorite past time huh?

What the fuck is this?

The no rules is a libertarian thing. Legalizing Marijuana is just like the end of Alcohol prohibition, it doesn't mean crack or heroin is next.

Are you in your 70s?

Haha...you only missed it by 30 years-ish.
You hate logic when it comes to your favorite past time huh?
Sorry I guess I was a bit off. My apologies.

What the fuck is this?

The no rules is a libertarian thing.

Ummm...no that's not a "libertarian thing", anarchy and libertarianism aren't synonymous.

... on the hand "no aggression" IS a "libertarian thing".

What the fuck is this?

Ummm...no that's not a "libertarian thing", anarchy and libertarianism aren't synonymous.

Most libertarians take the stance that all drugs should be legal. It is a libertarian thing.

Thanks Wheelie! I wish our country would legalize it. I Love all you weed supporters. :smiliehug:
The support is there, it is going to happen.
About six-in-ten Americans support marijuana legalization
It’s not going to happen with Republicans in control of Congress.

And the right’s opposition to decriminalizing marijuana is yet another example of conservative hypocrisy and authoritarianism.

Yes, yes, yes ... conservatives bad, liberals good, mkay?

His posts are pretty much all the same, completely lacking in substance at all.

What the fuck is this?

Most libertarians take the stance that all drugs should be legal.

Which isn't the same as "no rules".

I realize you were simply referring to legalizing of all drugs (which is a common libertarian position), but we libertarians get accused of being "no rules" anarchists routinely, and it gets old. Because it's not true.

Forum List

Back