Handguns vs. AR-15s

Dipshit…….any rifle will do bad things to a human body…….the 5.56 or .22 is smaller than other rifle rounds….wait till he sees what a real rifle will do..,,,,

What we should do is show babies murdered in abortions….
This fails as a red herring fallacy.

The topic is handguns vs. AR-15s; where the latter is far more lethal and destructive.

If that's what helps you sleep at night.......... God I love partisan hacks, you all write my comedy for me. :thup:
Here's the basics, it works on all levels of our existence:
5HPLnVdHaNVb9WhaynVnHw9yS3nm4lG6qCpe6I7YDss.jpg

Now take this and apply it to politics.......... It's normal, built into our DNA but it can be overcome.
The Constitution and Bill of Rights simply are what they are and say what they say, they are not partisan.

Yeah but mine's based in provable human science, yours......... Partial self delusion, based on emotive influences, internal and external.
Psychology and Psychiatry are both at best very soft sciences and very much more arts since the series that drive both cannot be shown mathematically or by any other means to hold water.

The human mind is far too complex to quantify or explain scientifically.

Ironically, the gun humpers are more guilty of this.

"My rights my right my rights! The gubmint and gun grabbers want to take all the guns! I saw a movie where only police had guns : Schindler List! Look at my beatiful chidlren holding guns on my christmas card!""

If pictures of dead children with large holes in them is a "stronger emotional appeal", then that is a sign we are NOT lost as a country.

If not, then it demonstrates the immorality of the country and the backwards morality of the gun humpers.

Looks like you picked your side.... on page 1 of the thread ...
Strap it on and be the first man through the door sparky instead of barking on the internet.

This may be how you see yourself.

1654332885993.png

In reality, however this is how the world sees you.

1654333003904.png

Because it's normal for all people unless you're a psychopath. Emotions cover a wide range and unless we're very careful color our thinking based on multiple stimuli, past experience and world view, etc, etc. Almost all people develop an idea/view/belief then go looking for evidence to corroborate that idea/view/belief, it's called Confirmation Bias and that's the normal thing for us humans to do but not always the best. One way to get around that instead of looking for confirmation proof look instead to disprove it, if you can't then it's proven.
Now don't get me wrong, Confirmation Bias is not always a bad thing, we subconsciously use it every day in multiple scenarios, it's part of our hard wired "defense of self" mechanism.
The problem is that in order to properly understand this one at least needs to know what all these mechanisms are and how they work, understand how our emotions often dictate how we see things. Say someone hands us a rotten apple we typically respond with something like: Ewwww, that's nasty. That's an emotive response. Being attracted to or repelled by are both emotive responses and I'm barely scratching the surface of this subject.
So you're emotional got it.

Wow….you guys are such simpletons…….

Government failed……this woman did not…..

The same week government failed, this woman…with her concealed carry handgun stopped nother mass public shooter who also had an AR-15 rifle…..and she stopped him a no killed him…

A good guy with a gun….you idiot…

Anyone foolish enough to believe the gov't can protect them from every harm probably needs to be removed from the gene pool anyhow. Waste of resources.

The ballistics change in a 9mm when fired from a carbine a little over 200 ft per second more. Which puts it close to the same speed as 556 NATO
No, that would put it at about half the velocity and a third of the energy of the 556 NATO.

Put a 180 pointed SP in grampa's old 30-06 though and you can shoot completely through a 5 man stack getting ready to breech your door.

No, that would put it at about half the velocity and a third of the energy of the 556 NATO.

Put a 180 pointed SP in grampa's old 30-06 though and you can shoot completely through a 5 man stack getting ready to breech your door.
The carbine rifle length would keep the projectile contained longer and increase the pressure which would increase the velocity it comes out to 200 fps more than a pistol.

In a typical handgun injury, which I diagnose almost daily, a bullet leaves a laceration through an organ such as the liver. To a radiologist, it appears as a linear, thin, gray bullet track through the organ. There may be bleeding and some bullet fragments.

I was looking at a CT scan of one of the mass-shooting victims from Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School, who had been brought to the trauma center during my call shift. The organ looked like an overripe melon smashed by a sledgehammer, and was bleeding extensively. How could a gunshot wound have caused this much damage?

The reaction in the emergency room was the same. One of the trauma surgeons opened a young victim in the operating room, and found only shreds of the organ that had been hit by a bullet from an AR-15, a semiautomatic rifle that delivers a devastatingly lethal, high-velocity bullet to the victim.
Nothing was left to repair—and utterly, devastatingly, nothing could be done to fix the problem. The injury was fatal.

Unless the round is a hollow point

The carbine rifle length would keep the projectile contained longer and increase the pressure which would increase the velocity it comes out to 200 fps more than a pistol.
Which still puts it at about 1/3 the velocity of the 556. 1,300fps vs 3,250fps.

Personally I like the PC carbines for home defense or "classroom defense", I think they are ideal for those applications.

Take a look at the Kriss Vector 10mm PCC's.

There is never a good comparison between rifles and handguns

ALL rifles generate higher muzzle velocities because of the longer barrel it's just physics.

In a typical handgun injury, which I diagnose almost daily, a bullet leaves a laceration through an organ such as the liver. To a radiologist, it appears as a linear, thin, gray bullet track through the organ. There may be bleeding and some bullet fragments.

I was looking at a CT scan of one of the mass-shooting victims from Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School, who had been brought to the trauma center during my call shift. The organ looked like an overripe melon smashed by a sledgehammer, and was bleeding extensively. How could a gunshot wound have caused this much damage?

The reaction in the emergency room was the same. One of the trauma surgeons opened a young victim in the operating room, and found only shreds of the organ that had been hit by a bullet from an AR-15, a semiautomatic rifle that delivers a devastatingly lethal, high-velocity bullet to the victim.
Nothing was left to repair—and utterly, devastatingly, nothing could be done to fix the problem. The injury was fatal.

BS, any bullet through the liver or spleen is going to cause massive bleeding.

Expanding high velocity rounds certainly cause more tissue damage and hemorrhaging but it's bs to claim that pistol rounds will not cause major bleeding after passing through either of those organs.

BS, any bullet through the liver or spleen is going to cause massive bleeding.

Expanding high velocity rounds certainly cause more tissue damage and hemorrhaging but it's bs to claim that pistol rounds will not cause major bleeding after passing through either of those organs.

The Doctor is an anti-gun fanatic......ask him if he has ever seen the wounds of a shotgun fired at close range...

The Doctor is an anti-gun fanatic......ask him if he has ever seen the wounds of a shotgun fired at close range...
Whatever else he is he's a liar and completely lacking any actual understanding of terminal ballistics.

The Constitution and Bill of Rights simply are what they are and say what they say, they are not partisan.
I never said they were but I understand that being hyper partisan and all you feel the necessity to defend your position against any attack, real or perceived.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back