'Hamas Used Kids as Human Shields'

so much for a trial for non-jews...

say, anyone find it awfully coincidental that THIS story came out right after news of some jews going on trial for using human shields?

typical.

:rolleyes:

The detailed 500-page report, obtained exclusively by The Jerusalem Post, was written by the Intelligence and Terrorism Information Center (Malam), a small research group led by Col. (res.) Reuven Erlich, a former Military Intelligence officer who works closely with the army.

So a former Israeli military officer who still "works closely with the army" has produced a report that reiterates everything the Israeli military has already claimed. *Yawn*

In fact, this so-called "non-governmental organization" is closely connected to the Israeli government, even keeps an office at the Ministry of Defense, and is essentially a conduit for Israeli government propaganda.

The report is laughable:

In one home, the IDF discovered a note, written in Arabic, that read: “We are your brothers, fighters in this holy war, and we used your home and some of your possessions. We are sorry.”

This note, Malam’s report said, was a clear indication of how Hamas took over civilian homes to use to attack Israeli forces.

funny, how the israel haters ignore this thread :lol:

'Hamas used kids as human shields'

You should view the link, and watch the video.

it's a baseless rebuttal to the goldstone report. do you think it's not obvious why such accusations come out NOW?

:lol:

Ah, but now it's Goldstone coming out against the Goldstone Report:

Reconsidering the Goldstone Report on Israel and war crimes - The Washington Post

Reconsidering the Goldstone Report on Israel and war crimes
By Richard Goldstone, Friday, April , 8:42 PM

We know a lot more today about what happened in the Gaza war of 2008-09 than we did when I chaired the fact-finding mission appointed by the U.N. Human Rights Council that produced what has come to be known as the Goldstone Report. If I had known then what I know now, the Goldstone Report would have been a different document.

The final report by the U.N. committee of independent experts — chaired by former New York judge Mary McGowan Davis — that followed up on the recommendations of the Goldstone Report has found that “Israel has dedicated significant resources to investigate over 400 allegations of operational misconduct in Gaza” while “the de facto authorities (i.e., Hamas) have not conducted any investigations into the launching of rocket and mortar attacks against Israel.”...

...As I indicated from the very beginning, I would have welcomed Israel’s cooperation. The purpose of the Goldstone Report was never to prove a foregone conclusion against Israel. I insisted on changing the original mandate adopted by the Human Rights Council, which was skewed against Israel. I have always been clear that Israel, like any other sovereign nation, has the right and obligation to defend itself and its citizens against attacks from abroad and within. Something that has not been recognized often enough is the fact that our report marked the first time illegal acts of terrorism from Hamas were being investigated and condemned by the United Nations. I had hoped that our inquiry into all aspects of the Gaza conflict would begin a new era of evenhandedness at the U.N. Human Rights Council, whose history of bias against Israel cannot be doubted.

Some have charged that the process we followed did not live up to judicial standards. To be clear: Our mission was in no way a judicial or even quasi-judicial proceeding. We did not investigate criminal conduct on the part of any individual in Israel, Gaza or the West Bank. We made our recommendations based on the record before us, which unfortunately did not include any evidence provided by the Israeli government. Indeed, our main recommendation was for each party to investigate, transparently and in good faith, the incidents referred to in our report. McGowan Davis has found that Israel has done this to a significant degree; Hamas has done nothing.

Some have suggested that it was absurd to expect Hamas, an organization that has a policy to destroy the state of Israel, to investigate what we said were serious war crimes. It was my hope, even if unrealistic, that Hamas would do so, especially if Israel conducted its own investigations. At minimum I hoped that in the face of a clear finding that its members were committing serious war crimes, Hamas would curtail its attacks. Sadly, that has not been the case. Hundreds more rockets and mortar rounds have been directed at civilian targets in southern Israel. That comparatively few Israelis have been killed by the unlawful rocket and mortar attacks from Gaza in no way minimizes the criminality. The U.N. Human Rights Council should condemn these heinous acts in the strongest terms.

In the end, asking Hamas to investigate may have been a mistaken enterprise. So, too, the Human Rights Council should condemn the inexcusable and cold-blooded recent slaughter of a young Israeli couple and three of their small children in their beds....

Israel-haters like Obama's pal Samantha Power?

As Power’s influence grows, the Obama administration, already not a great “friend of Israel” is bound to move even further toward an anti-Israel stance because Power is Anti-Israel and believes that it is the “Jewish lobby” who controls American foreign policy.

The Video below is from 2002 when she sat for an interview with Harry Kreisler, the director of the Institute for International Studies at Berkeley. Kreisler asked her the following question:

Let me give you a thought experiment here, and it is the following: without addressing the Palestine – Israel problem, let’s say you were an advisor to the President of the United States, how would you respond to current events there? Would you advise him to put a structure in place to monitor that situation, at least if one party or another [starts] looking like they might be moving toward genocide?

Power’s response seen in the video below is her advice to the President would be

· “Alienate” the American Jewish community, and indeed all Americans, such as evangelical Christians, who support the state of Israel, because Israeli leaders are “destroying the lives of their own people.”

· Pour billions of dollars of the taxpayers’ money into “the new state of Palestine”

· Stage an American ground invasion of Israel and the Palestinian territories — what else can she mean by a “mammoth protection force” and a “military presence” that will be “imposed” by “external intervention”? — Interestingly she considers the exact same thing the height of arrogance and foolishness when it was done in Iraq.

In 2004 Power reviewed Noam Chomsky’s book Hegemony or Survival, Power agreed with many of Chomsky’s criticisms of U.S. foreign policy and expressed her own concerns about what she called the “sins of our allies in the war on terror,” lumping Israel together with Saudi Arabia, Turkey, Pakistan, Russia, and Uzbekistan. She called Chomsky’s work “sobering and instructive.”

Power is an advocate of the Walt-Mearsheimer view of the American relationship with Israel. In a interview published on the Harvard Kennedy School’s website, Power was asked to explain “long-standing structural and conceptual problems in U.S. foreign policy.” She gave a two-part answer: the first problem, she said, is “the US historic predisposition to go it alone.” A standard reply, of course. The second problem, though, should give all Jews pause.

Another longstanding foreign policy flaw is the degree to which special interests dictate the way in which the “national interest” as a whole is defined and pursued . . . America’s important historic relationship with Israel has often led foreign policy decision-makers to defer reflexively to Israeli security assessments, and to replicate Israeli tactics, which, as the war in Lebanon last summer demonstrated, can turn out to be counter-productive.

Those special interests she is alluding to is the infamous “Jewish Lobby,” which controls the US government among its other nefarious roles in the world.

Martin Kramer points us to an interesting quote from the 2003 book Ethnic Violence and Justice, in which Samantha Power, one of Barack Obama’s foreign policy advisers, asks a question of David Rohde, a reporter who covered the 2nd intifada for the New York Times. The quote is as follows:

Samantha Power: I have a question for David about working for the New York Times. I was struck by a headline that accompanied a news story on the publication of the Human Rights Watch report. The headline was, I believe: “Human Rights Report Finds Massacre Did Not Occur in Jenin.” The second paragraph said, “Oh, but lots of war crimes did.” Why wouldn’t they make the war crimes the headline and the non-massacre the second paragraph?

Here we have another look into the mind of Power. Israel is accused in sensational press reports of a massacre in Jenin, and is subjected to severe international condemnation; HRW finally gets out a report and says OOPs there was no massacre; even the NYT reports this as its headline; but Power thinks the headline still should have been: Israel guilty of war crimes!

Samantha Power is the “mind” behind President Obama’s policy of Responsibility to Protect which drove him to the “kinetic military action” [war] in Libya. As her influence continues to grow, the Obama administration which has already backed off from the US/Israel friendship, might very well accelerate its move away from the only democracy in the Middle East. I shudder to think what she may convince the president to do should he win a second term and will no longer need to worry about what Ms. Power calls alienating a domestic constituency of tremendous political and financial import [the Jews].SAMANTHA POWER OBAMA’S RISING ANTI-ISRAEL STAR | RUTHFULLY YOURS

Worth repeating...

Israel-haters like Obama's pal Samantha Power?

As Power’s influence grows, the Obama administration, already not a great “friend of Israel” is bound to move even further toward an anti-Israel stance because Power is Anti-Israel and believes that it is the “Jewish lobby” who controls American foreign policy.

The Video below is from 2002 when she sat for an interview with Harry Kreisler, the director of the Institute for International Studies at Berkeley. Kreisler asked her the following question:

Let me give you a thought experiment here, and it is the following: without addressing the Palestine – Israel problem, let’s say you were an advisor to the President of the United States, how would you respond to current events there? Would you advise him to put a structure in place to monitor that situation, at least if one party or another [starts] looking like they might be moving toward genocide?

Power’s response seen in the video below is her advice to the President would be

· “Alienate” the American Jewish community, and indeed all Americans, such as evangelical Christians, who support the state of Israel, because Israeli leaders are “destroying the lives of their own people.”

· Pour billions of dollars of the taxpayers’ money into “the new state of Palestine”

· Stage an American ground invasion of Israel and the Palestinian territories — what else can she mean by a “mammoth protection force” and a “military presence” that will be “imposed” by “external intervention”? — Interestingly she considers the exact same thing the height of arrogance and foolishness when it was done in Iraq.

In 2004 Power reviewed Noam Chomsky’s book Hegemony or Survival, Power agreed with many of Chomsky’s criticisms of U.S. foreign policy and expressed her own concerns about what she called the “sins of our allies in the war on terror,” lumping Israel together with Saudi Arabia, Turkey, Pakistan, Russia, and Uzbekistan. She called Chomsky’s work “sobering and instructive.”

Power is an advocate of the Walt-Mearsheimer view of the American relationship with Israel. In a interview published on the Harvard Kennedy School’s website, Power was asked to explain “long-standing structural and conceptual problems in U.S. foreign policy.” She gave a two-part answer: the first problem, she said, is “the US historic predisposition to go it alone.” A standard reply, of course. The second problem, though, should give all Jews pause.

Another longstanding foreign policy flaw is the degree to which special interests dictate the way in which the “national interest” as a whole is defined and pursued . . . America’s important historic relationship with Israel has often led foreign policy decision-makers to defer reflexively to Israeli security assessments, and to replicate Israeli tactics, which, as the war in Lebanon last summer demonstrated, can turn out to be counter-productive.

Those special interests she is alluding to is the infamous “Jewish Lobby,” which controls the US government among its other nefarious roles in the world.

Martin Kramer points us to an interesting quote from the 2003 book Ethnic Violence and Justice, in which Samantha Power, one of Barack Obama’s foreign policy advisers, asks a question of David Rohde, a reporter who covered the 2nd intifada for the New York Times. The quote is as follows:

Samantha Power: I have a question for David about working for the New York Times. I was struck by a headline that accompanied a news story on the publication of the Human Rights Watch report. The headline was, I believe: “Human Rights Report Finds Massacre Did Not Occur in Jenin.” The second paragraph said, “Oh, but lots of war crimes did.” Why wouldn’t they make the war crimes the headline and the non-massacre the second paragraph?

Here we have another look into the mind of Power. Israel is accused in sensational press reports of a massacre in Jenin, and is subjected to severe international condemnation; HRW finally gets out a report and says OOPs there was no massacre; even the NYT reports this as its headline; but Power thinks the headline still should have been: Israel guilty of war crimes!

Samantha Power is the “mind” behind President Obama’s policy of Responsibility to Protect which drove him to the “kinetic military action” [war] in Libya. As her influence continues to grow, the Obama administration which has already backed off from the US/Israel friendship, might very well accelerate its move away from the only democracy in the Middle East. I shudder to think what she may convince the president to do should he win a second term and will no longer need to worry about what Ms. Power calls alienating a domestic constituency of tremendous political and financial import [the Jews].SAMANTHA POWER OBAMA’S RISING ANTI-ISRAEL STAR | RUTHFULLY YOURS

funny, how the israel haters ignore this thread
it's a baseless rebuttal to the goldstone report. do you think it's not obvious why such accusations come out NOW?
We just preferred not to pay attention, didn't we?

HAHAHAHA!

Clearly, I've affected you! You dug up an old thread so perhaps you'll want to remember that google is your friend.

Israeli soldiers who used Palestinian boy, 9, as a human shield avoid jail | World news | The Guardian

:rofl:

you fucking zionist fool.

it's a baseless rebuttal to the goldstone report. do you think it's not obvious why such accusations come out NOW?[/size][/i]
HAHAHAHA!
hohoho
Clearly, I've affected you!
Whatevah this drivel may mean, of course.
You dug up an old thread so perhaps you'll want to remember that google is your friend.
What thread?
Israeli soldiers who used Palestinian boy, 9, as a human shield avoid jail | World news | The Guardian
Ah, the Guardian.
Feisty drivel.

HAHAHAHA!
hohohoWhatevah this drivel may mean, of course.What thread?
Ah, the Guardian.
Feisty drivel.

I provided my evidence. I see that you have no rebuttal to offer besides predictable zionist mental masturbation. I guess you can always cry about it if you need to.

:lol:

Ah, but now it's Goldstone coming out against the Goldstone Report:

Reconsidering the Goldstone Report on Israel and war crimes - The Washington Post

Reconsidering the Goldstone Report on Israel and war crimes
By Richard Goldstone, Friday, April , 8:42 PM

We know a lot more today about what happened in the Gaza war of 2008-09 than we did when I chaired the fact-finding mission appointed by the U.N. Human Rights Council that produced what has come to be known as the Goldstone Report. If I had known then what I know now, the Goldstone Report would have been a different document.

The final report by the U.N. committee of independent experts — chaired by former New York judge Mary McGowan Davis — that followed up on the recommendations of the Goldstone Report has found that “Israel has dedicated significant resources to investigate over 400 allegations of operational misconduct in Gaza” while “the de facto authorities (i.e., Hamas) have not conducted any investigations into the launching of rocket and mortar attacks against Israel.”...

...As I indicated from the very beginning, I would have welcomed Israel’s cooperation. The purpose of the Goldstone Report was never to prove a foregone conclusion against Israel. I insisted on changing the original mandate adopted by the Human Rights Council, which was skewed against Israel. I have always been clear that Israel, like any other sovereign nation, has the right and obligation to defend itself and its citizens against attacks from abroad and within. Something that has not been recognized often enough is the fact that our report marked the first time illegal acts of terrorism from Hamas were being investigated and condemned by the United Nations. I had hoped that our inquiry into all aspects of the Gaza conflict would begin a new era of evenhandedness at the U.N. Human Rights Council, whose history of bias against Israel cannot be doubted.

Some have charged that the process we followed did not live up to judicial standards. To be clear: Our mission was in no way a judicial or even quasi-judicial proceeding. We did not investigate criminal conduct on the part of any individual in Israel, Gaza or the West Bank. We made our recommendations based on the record before us, which unfortunately did not include any evidence provided by the Israeli government. Indeed, our main recommendation was for each party to investigate, transparently and in good faith, the incidents referred to in our report. McGowan Davis has found that Israel has done this to a significant degree; Hamas has done nothing.

Some have suggested that it was absurd to expect Hamas, an organization that has a policy to destroy the state of Israel, to investigate what we said were serious war crimes. It was my hope, even if unrealistic, that Hamas would do so, especially if Israel conducted its own investigations. At minimum I hoped that in the face of a clear finding that its members were committing serious war crimes, Hamas would curtail its attacks. Sadly, that has not been the case. Hundreds more rockets and mortar rounds have been directed at civilian targets in southern Israel. That comparatively few Israelis have been killed by the unlawful rocket and mortar attacks from Gaza in no way minimizes the criminality. The U.N. Human Rights Council should condemn these heinous acts in the strongest terms.

In the end, asking Hamas to investigate may have been a mistaken enterprise. So, too, the Human Rights Council should condemn the inexcusable and cold-blooded recent slaughter of a young Israeli couple and three of their small children in their beds....

“the de facto authorities (i.e., Hamas)

Propaganda pieces never say "elected government."

(i.e., Hamas) have not conducted any investigations into the launching of rocket and mortar attacks against Israel.”...

Palestinian government in Gaza submits official response to Goldstone report

Following demands by the UN General Assembly that both Israel and Hamas launch independent investigations into their conduct during the 22-day Israeli operation which began in December 2008, on 4 February 2010 the Palestinian government in Gaza submitted its official response to the Office of the High Commissioner for Human Rights regarding the recommendations of the Goldstone report.

In a meeting with the OHCHR Director in Gaza, Hamas Minister of Justice Faraj Al-Ghoul said that his government took many serious measures to implement its obligations toward the report such as the formation of a governmental committee to follow up the implementation of the recommendations mentioned in the report.

He also referred to the formation of an independent committee composed of international law experts in order to ensure the transparency and integrity of the actions taken.

Palestinian government in Gaza submits official response to Goldstone report [Voltaire Network]
-------------------------
Washington – The Hamas government in Gaza has delivered its second response to allegations of war crimes committed by Hamas militants during the three week 2008-2009 Gaza War, Ma’an News Agency reported Wednesday.

Abdallah Al-Ash'al, and other experts followed up with investigations that were carried out,” Gaza Minister of Justice Mohammad Farraj Al-Ghoul told reporters. “The credibility of the procedures were in accordance with Goldstone's recommendations.”

The minister added that the report had been delivered to UN Secretary-General Ban Ki-Moon, the UN High Commissioner for Human Rights in Gaza City - who will pass it along to the UN Human Rights Council - and "a number of involved organizations."

Hamas releases second response to Goldstone Report - News

HAHAHAHA!
hohohoWhatevah this drivel may mean, of course.What thread?Ah, the Guardian.
Feisty drivel.
I provided my evidence.
Cool. But, since when does leftoislamist drivel qualify as evidence? That's the pertinent question, of course.
I see that you have no rebuttal to offer besides predictable zionist mental masturbation. I guess you can always cry about it if you need to.
Drivel.

Forum List

Back