Hamas-organized mass wedding of adult men and little girls

Status
Not open for further replies.
two years ago Gujarat
two years ago Afghanistan
two year ago Iran
last month Nigeria, some of the 1,000 brides were only 13

And none of those allegations changes the fact that the story was a hoax and that child brides occur all over the world.

Imagine what haters could do with the father/daughter dances that occur regularly in the USA.

You are justifying and supporting racial, ethnic, and religious hatred, aris2chat, whether you know it or not.

Shall we move on to the practices of Haredic/Hasidic rabbis right here in the USA, or are their "dalliances" somehow less horrible to you because they are not Muslims.

And there he goes again LOL !!

Attacking a pro - Zionist poster for absolutely no reason at all, and then somehow bringing Jews into the mix.

You just can't help yourself, can you 'dreolin' . So pathetic :lol:

And how is justifying and supporting racial, ethnic and religious hatred?? All he did was bring up examples of countries that have allowed (and likely encouraged) child marriages.

You're like a pest that simply won't go away.

All she brought up was Muslim countries (with the exception of Gujarat, which is part of India and has a significant Muslim population) that ALLEGEDLY (you bigot) allowed and encouraged child marriages on a thread that is exposing a hoax on a mass marriage in Gaza that for all intents and purposes she is defending.

And none of those allegations changes the fact that the story was a hoax and that child brides occur all over the world.

Imagine what haters could do with the father/daughter dances that occur regularly in the USA.

You are justifying and supporting racial, ethnic, and religious hatred, aris2chat, whether you know it or not.

Shall we move on to the practices of Haredic/Hasidic rabbis right here in the USA, or are their "dalliances" somehow less horrible to you because they are not Muslims.

Attacking a pro - Zionist poster for absolutely no reason at all, and then somehow bringing Jews into the mix.

And how is justifying and supporting racial, ethnic and religious hatred?? All he did was bring up examples of countries that have allowed (and likely encouraged) child marriages.

All she brought up was Muslim countries (with the exception of Gujarat, which is part of India and has a significant Muslim population) that ALLEGEDLY (you bigot) allowed and encouraged child marriages on a thread that is exposing a hoax on a mass marriage in Gaza that for all intents and purposes she is defending.

A massive, well known bigot calling someone else a bigot...what's wrong with that picture?

What's your point BTW (seems like nothing, as usual) ? You blab so much I really don;t understand your point, except for the fact that you originally posted here to bring up Haredim, in order to get your 'trashing Jews' fix....

One thing is for sure, if this thread was about Jews marrying children, wow !! I could only imagine the things you would post !

Last edited:

A massive, well known bigot calling someone else a bigot...what's wrong with that picture?

What's your point BTW (seems like nothing, as usual) ? You blab so much I really don;t understand your point, except for the fact that you originally posted here to bring up Haredim, in order to get your 'trashing Jews' fix....

One thing is for sure, if this thread was about Jews marrying children, wow !! I could only imagine the things you would post !

There are plenty of cases where Jews and Jewish religious authorities marry children. I am not posting it because it has nothing to do with Coyotes exposure of a hoax that began when the Israeli press (and including Ha'aretz, who later retracted) published it as a fact without checking their facts and was later spread by primarily Jewish blogs and then European mainstream press and, later, the American presses.

However, if it salves your little ego and helps to unruffle you smarmy little feathers, why don't we just claim that it all started by midget albino hunchbacks from Pocatello Idaho and no circumcised individuals were involved at all in this hoax.

Now, buzz off. You have exceeded your inconsequential boring statements for the evening, particularly those of the "I know who you are!!! I know what you did!!!" Take it to e-mail where I can just open it and not read it.

Last edited:
Of course none of this alters the fact that this particular item was a massive hoax - taking an innocent event and trying to make it out to be a mass marriage of children under the age of ten.

I doubt it was intended as a hoax. The pictures were real, just the context of the event was misunderstood. Hamas did stage the event and most people seeing girls in bride dresses during a mass wedding could understandably assume the girls were not stand ins but the actual brides.
Without context people did not understand the mass wedding of 200 kindergarten students in china either. Just because people don't understand does not mean it is a hoax.

But the pictures were taken from an article that detailed the event - the originator of the hoax had to have seen that and selectively chosen portions of the article to quote - it was selectively cherry-picked. That's not "misunderstood" - misunderstood would be someone who just saw the pictures.

Of course none of this alters the fact that this particular item was a massive hoax - taking an innocent event and trying to make it out to be a mass marriage of children under the age of ten.

I doubt it was intended as a hoax. The pictures were real, just the context of the event was misunderstood. Hamas did stage the event and most people seeing girls in bride dresses during a mass wedding could understandably assume the girls were not stand ins but the actual brides.
Without context people did not understand the mass wedding of 200 kindergarten students in china either. Just because people don't understand does not mean it is a hoax.

You know, Aris, when I first saw that picture, I didn't even think those little girls were brides. I just thought that they were accompanying their older brothers in which the brother were grooms at a mass wedding. Even in Saudi Arabia, they are frowning on marriages of girls being married at a very young age, although it is still being done, as you can see.

Furore continues over Saudi child?s marriage - Emirates 24/7

There are plenty of cases where Jews and Jewish religious authorities marry children. I am not posting it because it has nothing to do with Coyotes exposure of a hoax that began when the Israeli press (and including Ha'aretz, who later retracted) published it as a fact without checking their facts and was later spread by primarily Jewish blogs and then European mainstream press and, later, the American presses.

However, if it salves your little ego and helps to unruffle you smarmy little feathers, why don't we just claim that it all started by midget albino hunchbacks from Pocatello Idaho and no circumcised individuals were involved at all in this hoax.

Now, buzz off. You have exceeded your inconsequential boring statements for the evening, particularly those of the "I know who you are!!! I know what you did!!!" Take it to e-mail where I can just open it and not read it.

Thank you for proving my point once again, I appreciate it.. You couldn't even comment on the topic, or the link posted by aris, for that matter (http://www.al-monitor.com/pulse/originals/2013/08/underage-marriage-child-palestinians-gaza.html#) Your obsession with trashing Jews is absolutely pathetic, 'dreolin'. You need help. Or a life maybe. And remember, denial is always the hardest step to get past.

Oh, and you're in no position to accuse me of posting inconsequential statements. It's kind of like you calling me a bigot..
And if you don't like me responding to your posts, then put me on ignore, bigot

Last edited:

You know, Aris, when I first saw that picture, I didn't even think those little girls were brides. I just thought that they were accompanying their older brothers in which the brother were grooms at a mass wedding. Even in Saudi Arabia, they are frowning on marriages of girls being married at a very young age, although it is still being done, as you can see.

That is what I thought as well.

The problem of child marriages is worst in rural and poor areas. More and more nations are instituting more reasonable minimum ages for marriage but it's difficult for central authorities to enforce, goes against long established custom and doesn't address some of the underlying problems that drive it such as poverty and women and girls being considered of little value. The marriages are little more than the selling of young girls.

The problem of child marriages is worst in rural and poor areas. More and more nations are instituting more reasonable minimum ages for marriage but it's difficult for central authorities to enforce, goes against long established custom and doesn't address some of the underlying problems that drive it such as poverty and women and girls being considered of little value. The marriages are little more than the selling of young girls.

The worst part about child marriages in my opinion is the fact that the bride is doing this against her will. Not to mention they are too young to make these decisions.

I read the link that aris posted about child marriages in Gaza, and the former child bride telling her story in the article, and she mentioned the reason for her father sending her off to get married to that man was because he simply couldn;t afford to take care of her. I'm wondering if that is also a main reason for other child marriages in the world

Thank you for proving my point once again, I appreciate it.. You couldn't even comment on the topic, or the link posted by aris, for that matter (Forced Underage Marriages Continue in Gaza - Al-Monitor: the Pulse of the Middle East) Your obsession with trashing Jews is absolutely pathetic, 'dreolin'. You need help. Or a life maybe. And remember, denial is always the hardest step to get past.

Oh, and you're in no position to accuse me of posting inconsequential statements. It's kind of like you calling me a bigot..

LOL...actually you are not only a bigot, you are a stupid person. You have no control over your stupidity so I really cannot blame you for that, but you might try to rein in your bigotry.

I very sincerely believe that my putting you on ignore will not result in your ceasing to respond to my posts. It will only result in my not being able to see your inane responses...unless someone else copies them in their posts.

(Is that too complicated for you to understand?)

Judaism permit child betrothals, but child marriage was abolished long ago.
The bride must be old enough to consent to the marriage even though betrothed since childhood. Theoretically a girl is not eligible to wed till at least three years after she begin her cycle. People who don't understand how to read the talmud think it is permitting a child to be married at three. It is referring to the years after becoming a woman as a limitation.

What I find disgusting is that they marry these little girls to men old enough to be their grandfathers in some cases. What kind of conversation does a grown man think he is going to have with a little girl as his companion? I realize that all over the world women marry men who are so much older than they are, but at least these are grown women and know what they are doing. I think most of us were happy to hear when that little Yemni girl asked for a divorce and was granted one. She should have been home playing with her Barbies. Anyhow, when my husband was in the Middle East, he and the two other Americans he was with were approached by a father who offered his daughter for $50. So sad.

AFP: Yemeni girl, 8, gets divorce after forced marriage

The worst part about child marriages in my opinion is the fact that the bride is doing this against her will. Not to mention they are too young to make these decisions.

I read the link that aris posted about child marriages in Gaza, and the former child bride telling her story in the article, and she mentioned the reason for her father sending her off to get married to that man was because he simply couldn;t afford to take care of her. I'm wondering if that is also a main reason for other child marriages in the world

Actually - it's a pretty common reason: Five Things You May Not Know About Child Marriage : Parallels : NPR

Parents often believe that by marrying off a young girl, they are doing what's best for her.

It's true that parents often receive a dowry for marrying off a young daughter. But there are strong links between between poverty and child marriage. In times of drought, when crops fail and families become desperate, rates of child marriage have gone up. In patriarchal cultures, where young girls are often the last ones fed at mealtime, ICRW's Petroni says some parents may feel a daughter's circumstances will improve if she's someone's wife.

In many places, adolescent girls are also at risk of rape, even while walking to school. Parents may offer a daughter's hand in the belief this will help protect her from a sexual assault that could leave her stigmatized in the community and unlikely to be married.

Also: In Niger, child marriage on rise due to hunger - The Denver Post

Even at the best of times, one out of every three girls in Niger marries before her 15th birthday, a rate of child marriage among the highest in the world, according to a UNICEF survey.

Now this custom is being layered on top of a crisis. At times of severe drought, parents pushed to the wall by poverty and hunger are marrying their daughters at even younger ages.

A girl married off is one less mouth to feed, and the dowry money she brings in goes to feed others.

"Families are using child marriage, as an alternative, as a survival strategy to the food insecurity," says Djanabou Mahonde, UNICEF's chief child protection officer in Niger.

Thank you for proving my point once again, I appreciate it.. You couldn't even comment on the topic, or the link posted by aris, for that matter (Forced Underage Marriages Continue in Gaza - Al-Monitor: the Pulse of the Middle East) Your obsession with trashing Jews is absolutely pathetic, 'dreolin'. You need help. Or a life maybe. And remember, denial is always the hardest step to get past.

LOL...actually you are not only a bigot, you are a stupid person. You have no control over your stupidity so I really cannot blame you for that, but you might try to rein in your bigotry.

I very sincerely believe that my putting you on ignore will not result in your ceasing to respond to my posts. It will only result in my not being able to see your inane responses...unless someone else copies them in their posts.

Of course when you have no argument, just bring out the name calling :D

Pathetic post (yet another one lol !!)

Speaking of stupid, you might want to look up the word bigot, before you use it. Words like that are a bit out of your vocabulary, bigot.

Like I said, if you don't like me responding to your bigoted, idiotic, useless, bullshit posts, then put me on ignore.

Mass marriages of children, though most in Nigeria were older, some of the brides were only 13. It is tragic when children are wed even before they have their first cycle. Too many children and though Islam is not the only religion, it is one of the more visible in the abuse of child brides and therefore more visible in the media.
Islam is supposed to allow the bride to refuse, in theory, but practice it is not the case.
When a child can have a nose, ear, even a foot cut off for trying to get away from an abusive much older husband, there is a serious problem with morality.
When children not yet twenty are grandmothers we should question the society they are raised in. Question the care and well being of the children and why such practices are still carried out. Girls not give enough education to know their rights and how to get help from abuse or enough maturity to make an intelligent decision about what marriage is or that divorce can be an option. To have enough strength of character to say no if pressured. These are denied to child brides, singular or in mass weddings.

That child brides might have been acceptable 1500 yrs ago or 3000 yrs ago does not make it acceptable today.

Totally agree. In most societies where it still occurs, the girls often end up very abused. It's particularly a bad problem in very poor areas where a woman has little value beyond her dowery and it's not uncommon to "sell" girls into marriage or to take care of a debt. They are usually poorly educated and marriage stops what little educational opportunities they might have. It's almost impossible to escape those marriages. I just had not heard of "mass weddings" like that.

Another disturbing fact is that the government doesn't do anything to cease these barbaric 'practices' . In fact, they allow it :(

I think in many of these countries they are slowly instituting minimum marriage ages that are around 16. The problem is - they might have the laws on the books but they either lack the resources or will to enforce it.

Speaking of stupid, you might want to look up the word bigot, before you use it. Words like that are a bit out of your vocabulary, bigot.

Like I said, if you don't like me responding to your bigoted, idiotic, useless, bullshit posts, then put me on ignore.

And like I said, you are stupid. My putting you on ignore will not stop you from responding to my posts. It will only stop me from seeing your response.

Apparently, you cannot understand that very simple concept. Tell ya what. Stop responding to my posts. It is as simple as that. Stop stalking me. Stop PMing me. Leave me the fuck alone. I will put you on ignore if that is what it takes. If I see that you have responded to me, all bets are off.

And like I said, you are stupid. My putting you on ignore will not stop you from responding to my posts. It will only stop me from seeing your response.

Apparently, you cannot understand that very simple concept. Tell ya what. Stop responding to my posts. It is as simple as that. Stop stalking me. Stop PMing me. Leave me the fuck alone. I will put you on ignore if that is what it takes. If I see that you have responded to me, all bets are off.

Jesus Christ, what a fucking cry baby you are :boohoo: :boohoo:

If I feel like responding to your post, I will. If you dont like it, then why are you responding back to me?? Can you not help yourself ??

Unfortunately it undermines the exposure of the tragedy so many women (and young girls) suffer under Arab/Muslim culture. A 16 year old rape victim was forced BY HER FAMILY to marry the rapist, saving the family face and sparing the rapist prison time. She subsequently killed herself. Child brides and forced clitoral circumcision are indicative of how females are viewed and abused in tribal Arab societies where ignorance - particularly among females - is strictly enforced.

https://www.google.com/url?q=http:/...ds-cse&usg=AFQjCNEF2lSXXL6_boP5zXTQ-a2-U3CPAw

Judaism permit child betrothals, but child marriage was abolished long ago.
The bride must be old enough to consent to the marriage even though betrothed since childhood. Theoretically a girl is not eligible to wed till at least three years after she begin her cycle. People who don't understand how to read the talmud think it is permitting a child to be married at three. It is referring to the years after becoming a woman as a limitation.

November, 2013 was two months ago.

"The proposal to raise the marriage age was first mooted in 2004, by the National Council for the Child. Since then, a number of MKs, including Zuabi, have tried to promote the amendment, but under pressure from the ultra-Orthodox the cabinet has repeatedly decided not to support it.

A study carried out by ACRI indicated that for years the state did not even enforce the law to prevent minors under 17 from marrying: In 2004, no criminal cases were opened for underage marriage, even though the practice is widespread in certain communities in Israel. Only four such cases were investigated in 2003."

http://www.haaretz.com/print-editio...on-plans-to-raise-marriage-age-to-18-1.416273

This pretty much confirms what Coyote said, albeit in circumtuitive way. Child marriages do not occur in European cultures so much Israel is essentially a European state in a Mideastern worldm but the Haredim are, for the most part, remnants from more ancient Jewish world in the Mideast.

This thread is about a hoax meant to discredit Muslims. When I first read it, I nknew it was a hoax. As I said, the enemies of America could make hay about the incestuous courtships between fathers and their daughters at the familial orgiastic bacchanalia (sure, someone sneaks a nip or two) known to us as Father Daughter Dances.

A good example of how these hateful and bigoted stories propagate is by word of mouth. My God, I just read yesterday about a Lebanese baby who had joined Hizballah (before y'all jump on Sunn Man, Hizballah is Shia) which is preposturous and, dare I say it, I bet if we trace this hoax back to a source, Jews, Evangelicals, or Israelis are involved in distorting what really happened. Some people just seem to allow their hatred distort their reality.

Last edited:

Unfortunately it undermines the exposure of the tragedy so many women (and young girls) suffer under Arab/Muslim culture. A 16 year old rape victim was forced BY HER FAMILY to marry the rapist, saving the family face and sparing the rapist prison time. She subsequently killed herself. Child brides and forced clitoral circumcision are indicative of how females are viewed and abused in tribal Arab societies where ignorance - particularly among females - is strictly enforced.

https://www.google.com/url?q=http:/...ds-cse&usg=AFQjCNEF2lSXXL6_boP5zXTQ-a2-U3CPAw

I sure am glad we live in America where we know how to deal with these damn Arab kafirs in a civilized manner...

Charge: Man attacked Arab students on Seattle bus - seattlepi.com

That was published in Ha'aretz long ago.

They were the first ones to jump into Hamas' defense, imagine that.
Like in ancient days. This is when you know they have nothing but this regurgitated crap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back