Guns rarely used for self defence

Off-duty officer shoots ex-wife dead after New Jersey car chase - Yahoo News

Driving an SUV, Phillip Seidle, 51, was pursuing his recently divorced wife, Tamara Seidle, in her car when she crashed into another vehicle in Asbury Park, New Jersey, said Charles Webster, spokesman of the Monmouth County Prosecutor’s Office.

Seidle, a 22-year veteran of New Jersey's Neptune Township Police Department, got out with his service weapon, a .40-caliber Glock handgun, and fired several shots into his ex-wife's car from the driver's side, Webster said.

He then made his way to the front of the car and fired more shots at her through the windshield, Webster said.​

The Gun Fetishists now have to explain how he was just "defending himself" against his unarmed ex-wife and 7 year old daughter.

Guns rarely used for self-defense in US - Yahoo News

For every justifiable homicide involving a gun, 32 criminal homicides carried out with a firearm occurred. Also, gun owners are far more likely to hurt themselves or others, than to use them for self defense.
Absolutely true.

Of course, citizens aren't required to 'justify' the exercising of a Constitutional right as a 'prerequisite' to indeed do so.

That it's more likely a gun in the home will kill a member of the household than an intruder, or that few Americans actually defend themselves with guns, is legally and Constitutionally irrelevant, having no bearing whatsoever on the individual right to possess a handgun pursuant to the right of self-defense.

Driving an SUV, Phillip Seidle, 51, was pursuing his recently divorced wife, Tamara Seidle, in her car when she crashed into another vehicle in Asbury Park, New Jersey, said Charles Webster, spokesman of the Monmouth County Prosecutor’s Office.

Seidle, a 22-year veteran of New Jersey's Neptune Township Police Department, got out with his service weapon, a .40-caliber Glock handgun, and fired several shots into his ex-wife's car from the driver's side, Webster said.

He then made his way to the front of the car and fired more shots at her through the windshield, Webster said.​

The Gun Fetishists now have to explain how he was just "defending himself" against his unarmed ex-wife and 7 year old daughter.

And lookey here, it's morons like you who think that only cops should have guns.

Only a true moron would post a statement such as this.

For every justifiable homicide involving a gun, 32 criminal homicides carried out with a firearm occurred. Also, gun owners are far more likely to hurt themselves or others, than to use them for self defense.
So what

Its something to consider when deciding if you want a gun in the house. I have one in the house, one in storage. The one in the house isn't loaded. I keep it for literal emergencies in my 'Oh Shit! bag. Earthquakes, floods and the like.The one in storage is my target pistol.

For home defense I have a superbly tight knit neighborhood and a 3lb cleaver my grandfather left me. A cleaver has a good spread.

Last edited:

And 90% of the homicides happened in the ghetto.

As a general rule, you need to look out for people who look like you do. As most homicides occur within one's racial group, involving folks that live nearby.

Total crap because they only consider homicides to be "usage". The overwhelming majority of defensive uses of firearms the trigger is never pulled. Bad guys, amazingly enough, don't like to get shot.

For those usages, wouldn't a toy gun work just as well?
Yeah it would work great unless someone happened to notice it was a toy then not so much.

Total crap because they only consider homicides to be "usage". The overwhelming majority of defensive uses of firearms the trigger is never pulled. Bad guys, amazingly enough, don't like to get shot.

For those usages, wouldn't a toy gun work just as well?
Yeah it would work great unless someone happened to notice it was a toy then not so much.

Given how fantastically rare 'pulling the trigger' is, that seems a pretty good bet. Especially since you're far less likely to kill yourself or a member of your family with a toy gun than a real one.

Forum List

Back