Guns and God: Growing number of churches want armed security

NewsVine_Mariyam

Platinum Member
Mar 3, 2018
The Beautiful Pacific Northwest
A sign of the times I guess for the Christian churches which is understandable considering some of the latest attacks on their houses of worship. I've been told however that for the Jewish community providing for armed security has always been a significant portion of their budgets.

“Fifty years ago, you could say no guns should be allowed in church, but times have changed,” said a police chief who runs a volunteer church security team.

Jan. 27, 2019, 2:44 AM PST
By Mary Pflum

When Chris Crews prepares for church on Sunday mornings, he follows a routine. He rises early. He puts on his church clothes, a button-down shirt paired with blue jeans or khakis. Then, before leaving the house with his wife and two children, he straps a firearm — a 9 mm or a .45 — to his right hip.

“I don’t leave home without a gun,” Crews said. “It’s kind of like the old American Express card ads: I just won’t leave home without it.”

Crews, 47, is part of the security team at Ava Assembly of God, a Pentecostal church of 300 members in Ava, Missouri. The church has no paid security guards. Instead, it counts on a team of 18 church members to keep fellow congregants safe. None of the security team members are paid and all carry handguns.​

Guns and God: Growing number of churches turn to armed volunteers for security

A sign of the times I guess for the Christian churches which is understandable considering some of the latest attacks on their houses of worship. I've been told however that for the Jewish community providing for armed security has always been a significant portion of their budgets.

“Fifty years ago, you could say no guns should be allowed in church, but times have changed,” said a police chief who runs a volunteer church security team.

Jan. 27, 2019, 2:44 AM PST
By Mary Pflum

When Chris Crews prepares for church on Sunday mornings, he follows a routine. He rises early. He puts on his church clothes, a button-down shirt paired with blue jeans or khakis. Then, before leaving the house with his wife and two children, he straps a firearm — a 9 mm or a .45 — to his right hip.

“I don’t leave home without a gun,” Crews said. “It’s kind of like the old American Express card ads: I just won’t leave home without it.”

Crews, 47, is part of the security team at Ava Assembly of God, a Pentecostal church of 300 members in Ava, Missouri. The church has no paid security guards. Instead, it counts on a team of 18 church members to keep fellow congregants safe. None of the security team members are paid and all carry handguns.​

Guns and God: Growing number of churches turn to armed volunteers for security
Sounds good to me.

Why not after the very first instance of a Church shooting didnt the Shepherds and sheepdogs of their flocks adopt a security plan?

People are bewildering sometimes.

Nuns-with-guns.jpg

~S~

I am on a rotation to provide security at our church. At any of our gathering or services there are two or more guys with concealed carry.

I am on a rotation to provide security at our church. At any of our gathering or services there are two or more guys with concealed carry.

It's sad commentray to think we've come to this Flash , yanno i can think back to when one wouldn't dare utter a cuss word in church.....~S~

Why not after the very first instance of a Church shooting didnt the Shepherds and sheepdogs of their flocks adopt a security plan?

People are bewildering sometimes.

I agree. After the first church shooting I would have had armed security at every church.

Ain't rocket science.

The satanic left is growing increasingly anti Christian and anti white. Armed security at churches is a reasonable step.

Some are protected by the original Whitey KKK Hooders. Hiding their guns

Today they are protected by extreme level 5150 Whitey KKK Hooders with the red MAGA cap. Hiding their guns

MAGA= Mentally Anal Gutless Aryans

kkk-jesus-saves-MAGA.gif

There are no gods or lords. What do they need security for?
But all religions are extreme hate groups of other religions.
Funny how this works. Unless you are colored target by whities'

Last edited:
Well, it looks to me like AmeriKKKa is getting the AmeriKKKa it wants; an armed camp on every block & in every church.

Please turn your hymnals to page 357, I mean page 45, oh; maybe that's page 38.

For you folks with larger hymnals it could be page 223.

The NRA is my shepherd; I shall not want.

They maketh me high like good religmo boys, they feedeth me lies on constitutional matters

They restoreth my soul: they leadeth me in the paths of xenophobia in HIS name's sake.

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadowy faggots, I fear no homo, for thou art with me; thy bible thumps comfort me.

Thou preparest a Congress before me in the presence of mine faggot enemies.... thou fillest my head with baloney…. my maga cap runneth over

Surely the seed of mercenaries shall picketh my pockets all my life, and I will dwell with the KKKristians forever

~S~

Forum List

Back