Gun Grabber, we will take your AR-15s, but my private security will keep theirs...deblasio.

And you're extremely unlikely to ever be involved in a mass shooting. Get robbed at gunpoint point? Much more likely. Get shot during the robbery? Much more likely.

Fairly unlikely...

but tell you what, let's ban guns, get rid of all those things.

But much more likely than you being involved in a mass shooting.
Well, unless he's the shooter. Most of them lately seem to be far leftists.

Let's ban alcohol. That way no one will ever drive drunk.

Oh, wait -- we tried that. People got alcohol anyway.

Your life would be a lot easier if you weren't so stupid.

I think you are a little confused. People didn't vote to ban alcohol. They voted to ban German Taverns.... that's how prohibition was sold during WWI. Read some history, you can see the whole thing was pitched as "You oppose Prohibition, what do you love the Kaiser?"

When people realized they weren't just closing down the beer halls the immigrants were frequenting, but their nice habit as well.... they realized it was a bad idea.

Great idea. Trump is Super Hitler, and the government is all Triple Nazis, but you want them to have the only guns.

Stupid leftist. No totalitarianism for you!

Actually, the government isn't really the problem here. The government, bless them, are all doing their jobs despite the madman you idiots "elected" (not really), keeping him from abusing his power too much through checks and balances until we can get rid of him next year. Then we'll pass a bunch of reforms to make sure it never happens again.

Meanwhile, we really need to get guns out of the hands of the crazies.
America's not interested in your totalitarianism. You want that shit, move your stupid ass to Cuba.

If it was as easy as you say then we would be seeing modified semiauto rifles being used and it just doesn't happen

No reason to. As we've seen with mass shooting after mass shooting, you can do a lot of damage with it on semi-automatic mode.

Of all the active shooter events there were 33 at which an armed citizen was present. Of those, Armed Citizens were successful at stopping the Active shooter 75.8% of the time

Wow, you are a font of bullshit numbers, aren't you?

If it was as easy as you say then we would be seeing modified semiauto rifles being used and it just doesn't happen

No reason to. As we've seen with mass shooting after mass shooting, you can do a lot of damage with it on semi-automatic mode.

Of all the active shooter events there were 33 at which an armed citizen was present. Of those, Armed Citizens were successful at stopping the Active shooter 75.8% of the time

If someone wants to fire as many rounds as possible in a short time he would modify a semiauto to be an automatic and it still doesn't happen because it's not as easy as you say it is

So post contrary numbers with their source for comparison. Otherwise it's just feelz.

And most of those people think Elvis is still alive...you dumb ass.

Most Germans supported hitler too....you dumb ass....

Left wing asshat, mayor Deblasio made it clear on Tucker Carlson, that only normal people will have to surrender their AR-15 rifles......the security details of rich democrat politicians will keep theirs....

WATCH: De Blasio Wants To Seize Semi-Automatic Rifles From Citizens, But His Bodyguards Can Keep Theirs

Carlson further questioned whether the security detail that de Blasio is provided as mayor would be subject to the same limitations as their fellow citizens. The Democratic lawmaker contended that as a government official he is potentially more exposed to violence and therefore needs the additional protection that semi-automatic rifles provide.
Trained, professionals vs a bunch of amateurs.

Amateurs......

Armed Citizens Are Successful 94% Of The Time At Active Shooter Events [FBI]

Of all the active shooter events there were 33 at which an armed citizen was present. Of those, Armed Citizens were successful at stopping the Active shooter 75.8% of the time (25 incidents) and were successful in reducing the loss of life in an additional 18.2% (6) of incidents. In only 2 of the 33 incidents (6.1%) was the Armed Citizen(s) not helpful in any way in stopping the active shooter or reducing the loss of life.

Thus the headline of our report that Armed Citizens Are Successful 94% Of The Time At Active Shooter Events.

In the 2 incidents at which the armed citizen “failed” to stop or slow the active shooter, one is the previously mentioned incident with hunters. The other is an incident in which the CCWer was shot in the back in a Las Vegas Walmart when he failed to identify that there were 2 Active Shooters involved in the attack. He neglected to identify the one that shot him in the back while he was trying to ambush the other perpetrator.

We also decided to look at the breakdown of events that took place in gun free zones and the relative death toll from events in gun free zones vs non-gun-free zones.

Of the 283 incidents in our data pool, we were unable to identify if the event took place in a gun-free zone in a large number (41%) of the events. Most of the events took place at a business, church, home, or other places at which as a rule of law it is not a gun free zone but potentially could have been declared one by the property owner. Without any information in the FBI study or any indication one way or the other from the news reports, we have indicated that event with a question mark.

If you look at all of the Active Shooter events (pie chart on the top) you see that for those which we have the information, almost twice as many took place in gun free zones than not; but realistically the vast majority of those for which we have no information (indicated as ?) are probably NOT gun free zones.

If you isolate just the events at which 8 or more people were killed the data paints a different picture (pie chart on the bottom). In these incidents, 77.8% took place in a gun-free zone suggesting that gun free zones lead to a higher death rate vs active shooter events in general

=====

One of the final metrics we thought was important to consider is the potential tendency for armed citizens to injure or kill innocent people in their attempt to “save the day.” A common point in political discussions is to point out the lack of training of most armed citizens and the decrease in safety inherent in their presence during violent encounters.

As you can see below, however, at the 33 incidents at which Armed Citizens were present, there were zero situations at which the Armed Citizen injured or killed an innocent person. It never happened.
More bulldhit.

You think wher you buy a gun & that you are trained. Wat a fucking joke.

Left wing asshat, mayor Deblasio made it clear on Tucker Carlson, that only normal people will have to surrender their AR-15 rifles......the security details of rich democrat politicians will keep theirs....

WATCH: De Blasio Wants To Seize Semi-Automatic Rifles From Citizens, But His Bodyguards Can Keep Theirs

Carlson further questioned whether the security detail that de Blasio is provided as mayor would be subject to the same limitations as their fellow citizens. The Democratic lawmaker contended that as a government official he is potentially more exposed to violence and therefore needs the additional protection that semi-automatic rifles provide.
Trained, professionals vs a bunch of amateurs.

Amateurs......

Armed Citizens Are Successful 94% Of The Time At Active Shooter Events [FBI]

Of all the active shooter events there were 33 at which an armed citizen was present. Of those, Armed Citizens were successful at stopping the Active shooter 75.8% of the time (25 incidents) and were successful in reducing the loss of life in an additional 18.2% (6) of incidents. In only 2 of the 33 incidents (6.1%) was the Armed Citizen(s) not helpful in any way in stopping the active shooter or reducing the loss of life.

Thus the headline of our report that Armed Citizens Are Successful 94% Of The Time At Active Shooter Events.

In the 2 incidents at which the armed citizen “failed” to stop or slow the active shooter, one is the previously mentioned incident with hunters. The other is an incident in which the CCWer was shot in the back in a Las Vegas Walmart when he failed to identify that there were 2 Active Shooters involved in the attack. He neglected to identify the one that shot him in the back while he was trying to ambush the other perpetrator.

We also decided to look at the breakdown of events that took place in gun free zones and the relative death toll from events in gun free zones vs non-gun-free zones.

Of the 283 incidents in our data pool, we were unable to identify if the event took place in a gun-free zone in a large number (41%) of the events. Most of the events took place at a business, church, home, or other places at which as a rule of law it is not a gun free zone but potentially could have been declared one by the property owner. Without any information in the FBI study or any indication one way or the other from the news reports, we have indicated that event with a question mark.

If you look at all of the Active Shooter events (pie chart on the top) you see that for those which we have the information, almost twice as many took place in gun free zones than not; but realistically the vast majority of those for which we have no information (indicated as ?) are probably NOT gun free zones.

If you isolate just the events at which 8 or more people were killed the data paints a different picture (pie chart on the bottom). In these incidents, 77.8% took place in a gun-free zone suggesting that gun free zones lead to a higher death rate vs active shooter events in general

=====

One of the final metrics we thought was important to consider is the potential tendency for armed citizens to injure or kill innocent people in their attempt to “save the day.” A common point in political discussions is to point out the lack of training of most armed citizens and the decrease in safety inherent in their presence during violent encounters.

As you can see below, however, at the 33 incidents at which Armed Citizens were present, there were zero situations at which the Armed Citizen injured or killed an innocent person. It never happened.
More bulldhit.

You think wher you buy a gun & that you are trained. Wat a fucking joke.

Drinking and taking meds again? You really need to stop doing that......

"I can easily modify my semi-automatic rifle to operate fully automatically but I can do enough damage on semi-auto," said no mass shooter ever.

So post contrary numbers with their source for comparison. Otherwise it's just feelz.

I've posted them dozens of times... 2AGuy is someone who claims swimming pools are more dangerous than guns.

upload_2019-9-11_5-24-43.jpeg

"Stop me before I kill again!!!"

More people are murdered with handguns. But you don't give a shit about pistols.

I know why. You don't.

Sure I do. I'd like to see those controlled as well.. I've been pretty clear on that.

But again, let's start with the big problem. A gun that was designed for a battle field being used by crazy people to produce mass casualties.

I've posted them dozens of times... 2AGuy is someone who claims swimming pools are more dangerous than guns.

View attachment 278614
"Stop me before I kill again!!!"

No, shit stain...I claim they kill more people than mass public shooters,

Falls from ladders kill more people every single year than mass public shooters do....so according to you...no more ladders...right?

Deaths from mass public shootings 2018..... 93

All rifle types.... 403

Knives.....1,591

Hands and feet......696

Clubs.....467

Unintentional Drowning: Get the Facts | Home and Recreational Safety | CDC Injury Center

• From 2005-2014, there were an average of 3,536 fatal unintentional drownings (non-boating related) annually in the United States — about ten deaths per day.1 An additional 332 people died each year from drowning in boating-related incidents.2

Cars....38,659

Poison...64,795
Fall (Gravity) ...36,338
Suffocation...6,946
Fire....2,902
Struck, by or against...819
Bicycle...345

Drug over dose deaths (2017) 70,237

US life expectancy drops again as overdoses climb
( Ladder falling deaths....300, not specified by year
Ladder Safety - Int'l Association of Certified Home Inspectors (InterNACHI)

and 300 deaths in the U.S. that are caused by falls from ladders.)

More people are murdered with handguns. But you don't give a shit about pistols.

I know why. You don't.

Sure I do. I'd like to see those controlled as well.. I've been pretty clear on that.

But again, let's start with the big problem. A gun that was designed for a battle field being used by crazy people to produce mass casualties.

Moron.....how is rifle deaths a big problem?

Deaths from mass public shootings 2018..... 93

All rifle types.... 403

Hand guns .... 7,032

Can you tell which number would indicate the bigger problem?...you dope.

Knives.....1,591

Hands and feet......696

Clubs.....467

No, shit stain...I claim they kill more people than mass public shooters,

Yeah, but it was still silly.

Hundreds of people die in mass shootings,and tens of thousands die from guns in general.

View attachment 278616
"Run, kids, run... it's a killer!!!"

Moron...in all of 2018, 93 people were killed in mass public shootings.....117 in 2017.......you moron......

Those numbers come from Mother Jones, you dope....a left wing, anti-gun news source.....

Americans use their legal guns 1.1 million times a year to save lives, according to the Centers for Disease Control...or 1.5 million if you look at the gun self defense number from the Department of Justice...on top of that....

Over the last 26 years, we went from 200 million guns in private hands in the 1990s and 4.7 million people carrying guns for self defense in 1997...to close to 400-600 million guns in private hands and over 17.25 million people carrying guns for self defense in 2018...guess what happened...

-- gun murder down 49%

--gun crime down 75%

--violent crime down 72%

Gun Homicide Rate Down 49% Since 1993 Peak; Public Unaware

Compared with 1993, the peak of U.S. gun homicides, the firearm homicide rate was 49% lower in 2010, and there were fewer deaths, even though the nation’s population grew. The victimization rate for other violent crimes with a firearm—assaults, robberies and sex crimes—was 75% lower in 2011 than in 1993. Violent non-fatal crime victimization overall (with or without a firearm) also is down markedly (72%) over two decades.

Forum List

Back