CDZ Gun deaths in all states per capita

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah that liberal rag

I remember when the NYT used to actually be a credible paper

Gun manufacturers do not have a huge presence in advertising but in very specific publications

Of course you don;t live here so you don't know anything about it

I‘m still waiting for him to show us where in the advertising they tell you to use their guns for crime and murder…..

I'd like to educate myself.
Can you provide a link to the text of your constitution?
The UK's constitution is uncodified.

However, unlike most other countries, the United Kingdom does not have a core constitutional document that enshrines these rules and regulations as set out in the definition above. It is therefore referred to as an ‘uncodified’ constitution. Nonetheless, the UK’s constitution, although ‘uncodified’, still has written aspects to it. The majority of it is written in laws, statutes, legislation and more recently the European Union Law. It is for this reason that perhaps the term ‘uncodified’ is more appropriate than the term ‘unwritten’ when defining the constitution of the United Kingdom.

So to expect to read the UK's constitution, you have to read the laws, statutes, legislation and more recently the European Union Law. Due to Brexit, the laws were put into UK law and the government are slowly but surely working on them to scrap/remove the ones they don't want.

So there's no link to one bit of paper called the UK Constitution. Due to the areas that makes up the constitution, it means it's constantly being updated as laws are enacted or scrapped.

Yes. I know.
And thus, it does not really exist, except as whatever the laws happens to say at the time.
So much for a "Constitutional" monarchy.
Ok, so you're on about an apple and you conclude with a pear.

In the English Civil Wars, the English Monarchy was replaced (that's the part where American brains are still stuck in) with the Commonwealth of England (that's the part American brains doesn't grasp). So Parliament took over control and the King/Queen (the Sovereign) became the Head of State (they just rubber stamp what parliament do and forming a government bla bla is a tradition/routine thing).

There's a lot to it, you would have to look at the royal prerogative, Privy council, Legislative Executive and Judicial powers (who does what), the Crown Estate etc.. etc..

But when someone says, "You bow to Monarchs, you're a subject, where's the constitution, and so on and so on", it means they have zero knowledge of the UK system and just repeat crap that sounds awesome to them, but when you read their comments, we cringe like hell because we feel so embarrassed for them.

At least I made an effort to go onto an American forum to learn how your political system works.

I'm sorry you don't like the fact you don't -really- have a constitution, but there's nothing I can do about it.
I'm sorry you don't like the fact that you don't understand constitutions. You have a bit of paper infront of you and feel everyone else must do the same. Now you see why many American brains are stuck, their arrogance comes from their ignorance.

So you've had a little bit of a history lesson, but unfortunately, it flew right through and out of your other lug.

Captain Caveman is correct. The United Kingdom has a perfectly good constitution. It wasn't all written at the same time like the US Constitution, but instead it was compiled over centuries—which makes sense, really, considering they have been at this for more than 1000 years longer than we have. It establishes the political system and sets all the rules and so on, and it works perfectly fine for their Parliamentary, monarchical system.

Just because it doesn't look like the US Constitution doesn't mean it doesn't exist. Deal with it, move on.

Just the facts:
  • Blue States
  • Purple States
  • Red States

Talk about skewing the data. Of course you went with "gun deaths" instead of murder because you wanted suicides to skew the data. People in big blue States commit suicide other ways because it's hard to get a gun there

Thread needs to close. Lost the ORIGINAL TOPIC for the most part 10 or 20 pages ago. Hard to do civil discussion when it's going off topic on abortion, monarchies, and everything BUT the specific topic.

If you got a post deletion, possible you probably should have been warned for flaming which IS a big no-no in the CDZone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back