Gun control in Australia is supposed to stop these shootings...they banned and confiscated guns cause no 2nd Amendment.

No it isn't.

Suicide is a choice that every person has the absolute right to make.
In most cases, their families whole heartedly disagree, but humans do commit selfish acts. Unlike you, I don't champion suicide as a solution. Whatever you do, please don't man a suicide hotline number.

Suicide is a choice that every person has the absolute right to make.
Suicide perpetrators are destined for centuries of enormous suffering. As a Jew, I believe that they will eventually find everlasting life, but only after centuries of pain.

Says a dumb fuck from a country that incarcerates more of it's population than any other country on the planet.

God, you are such a fucking dumbass.
No American has ever been tried and convicted of a crime for reading a book.

In most cases, their families whole heartedly disagree, but humans do commit selfish acts. Unlike you, I don't champion suicide as a solution. Whatever you do, please don't man a suicide hotline number.
Irrelevant.

And I never said suicide was a solution to anything I said it is a choice that every single person has the absolute right to make

There's no such thing as a banned book Idiot. I've read every one of those books listed in that article

At least not in this country

YOU however will get thrown in jail of you read a book that your government doesn't like.
You avoid those books and be a good boy, or you'll get locked up

200 plus mass shooting in the US and now we have one in Australia.
Someone also just blew away a black father on a street in Manchester, England. He was successful and respected by the community. Someone was apparently either a racist, jealous, or both.

(You know....ENGLAND. That other country with all the anti-gun laws.)

Given that justifiable homicide makes up less then 2.5% of all homicide I find that unbelievable. I understand that many studies may claim that there are 2.5 million defensive gun uses per year, but that these studies were done by gun lobby.
The CDC and Mother Earth aren’t part of the gun lobby. Both stated over a million defensive gun uses annually independently. Most defensive gun uses don’t involve discharging a weapon. Producing a weapon usually discourages criminals. I have personal experience of that with knives. When I was in the Army Reserves, I was guarding our vehicles on a public street and a criminal pulled a switchblade and demanded my money. I pulled my Buck Folding Hunter and he said “I don’t want no trouble man” put his knife away any quickly left. No violence, no police report, no paper trail. That’s how almost all defensive gun/weapon uses go down.

Can the the UK government stop me owning a shotgun? Gonna test American dumb knowledge here
Depends on the shotgun. A double, no, a pump or semi-auto capable of holding more than two rounds; yes. The government can refuse to issue a shotgun certificate at its discretion if it doesn’t feel your justification for owning the shotgun isn’t satisfactory or if it isn’t satisfied with your storage facility. when you need government permission for something, it’s a privilege, not a right.

Last edited:
Depends on the shotgun. A double, no, a pump or semi-auto capable of holding more than two rounds; yes. The government can refuse to issue a shotgun certificate at its discretion if it doesn’t feel your justification for owning the shotgun isn’t satisfactory or if it isn’t satisfied with your storage facility. when you need government permission for something, it’s a privilege, not a right.
Take a shotgun and a car. I can't legally drive a Formula One car on the road, so by your definition, cars are banned. I can't cut the barrel off my shotgun and use that, so shotguns are banned? I think some of you guys are a tad confused with features of items.

In the UK, you are in control of your diving history, your medical history, your police record, having a secure gun cabinet secured to a solid wall, and the company you keep so you can supply a referee. If all those check out, the police must give you a shotgun certificate, they can't just think, "Nah, you're not having one, we don't feel like it". When the police do the last part and check your cabinet, they usually already have the certificate with them.

The government are so anal with the law, you can sue the police/government etc.. and get a fair trial.

So you are in control if you're satisfactory in the UK etc.., in America, the 2nd also arms the unsatisfactory. That's the bit that won't sink into American heads. Then the second part is, where you can take a gun, you avoid public areas, there's no need to have a gun in the high street. Take your gun to the shops and watch the police take it away and arrest you.

And that's why the US does more gun damage in a weekend than the UK can do in a full decade or more.

Take a shotgun and a car. I can't legally drive a Formula One car on the road, so by your definition, cars are banned. I can't cut the barrel off my shotgun and use that, so shotguns are banned? I think some of you guys are a tad confused with features of items.

In the UK, you are in control of your diving history, your medical history, your police record, having a secure gun cabinet secured to a solid wall, and the company you keep so you can supply a referee. If all those check out, the police must give you a shotgun certificate, they can't just think, "Nah, you're not having one, we don't feel like it". When the police do the last part and check your cabinet, they usually already have the certificate with them.

The government are so anal with the law, you can sue the police/government etc.. and get a fair trial.

So you are in control if you're satisfactory in the UK etc.., in America, the 2nd also arms the unsatisfactory. That's the bit that won't sink into American heads. Then the second part is, where you can take a gun, you avoid public areas, there's no need to have a gun in the high street. Take your gun to the shops and watch the police take it away and arrest you.

And that's why the US does more gun damage in a weekend than the UK can do in a full decade or more.

Yeah...the police can't stop the flow of illegal guns into your country....

Police struggle to stop flood of firearms into UK
Police and border officials are struggling to stop a rising supply of illegal firearms being smuggled into Britain, a senior police chief has warned.
Chief constable Andy Cooke, the national police lead for serious and organised crime, said law enforcement had seen an increased supply of guns over the past year, and feared that it would continue in 2019
The Guardian has learned that the situation is so serious that the National Crime Agency has taken the rare step of using its legal powers to direct every single police force to step up the fight against illegal guns.
The NCA has used tasking powers to direct greater intelligence about firearms to be gathered by all 43 forces in England and Wales.
Another senior law enforcement official said that “new and clean” weapons were now being used in the majority of shootings, as opposed to guns once being so difficult to obtain that they would be “rented out” to be used in multiple crimes.

Cooke, the Merseyside chief constable, told the Guardian: “We in law enforcement expect the rise in new firearms to continue. We are doing all we can. We are not in a position to stop it anytime soon.

“Law enforcement is more joined up now than before, but the scale of the problem is such that despite a number of excellent firearms seizures, I expect the rise in supply to be a continuing issue.”
The increasing supply of guns belies problems with UK border security and innovations by organised crime gangs. Smugglers have increasingly found new ways and innovative routes to get guns past border defences.

Cooke said that the dynamics of the streets of British cities had changed and that criminals were more willing to use guns: “If they bring them in people will buy them. It’s a kudos thing for organised criminals.”
Simon Brough, head of firearms at the NCA, said: “The majority of guns being used are new, clean firearms ... which indicates a relatively fluid supply.”

He said shotguns were 40% of the total, with an increase in burglaries to try and steal them.
Handguns are the next biggest category, most often smuggled in from overseas, with ferry ports such as Dover being a popular entry point into the UK for organised crime groups:

Two in three police force areas in England and Wales are experiencing rising gun crime, with one force facing levels six times higher than a decade ago, Guardian analysis of Home Office data has found.

-------

Concerns are now being raised about the growing availability of firearms in parts of the north of England and the Midlands as some police forces are struggling to tackle rising gun crime with fewer officers than they had a decade ago.

The sharpest rise is in the north-east, where gun crime has more than tripled from an average of 91 firearms offences a year between 2009 and 2012, to 294 a year between 2019 and 2022.

In the Cleveland police area, firearms offences have risen almost sixfold, from a yearly average of 22 to 127. Durham, Sussex, Lincolnshire, Northumbria, South Yorkshire, Norfolk and Kent police have all seen numbers more than double in 10 years

Gun crime rising in two-thirds of police force areas in England and Wales

---------

County lines

Peter Squires, professor of criminology at the University of Brighton, told The Guardian that so-called “county lines” – a form of criminal exploitation where urban gangs persuade young people to take drugs to rural areas of the country – are probably behind the rise in gun crime in places such as Sussex, Kent and Cheshire.

-----

Gun smuggling

The prevalence of firearm offences is also partially to do with gun smuggling, experts say. Firearms can now be hired for as little as £100 around the UK and can be acquired in “less than a day”, reported the i news site’s investigations correspondent Dean Kirby.

According to Dr Robert Hesketh, a criminology expert at Liverpool John Moores University, it is “relatively easy” to get hold of a firearm in many cities.

“A MAC-10 will cost about £3,000, an MP5 £3,000,” Hesketh said. “These are automatic weapons. Another gun doing the rounds a few years ago and possibly now was a Desert Eagle, for about £500. It isn’t hard, put it that way.”

There is also an option to rent a weapon – with criminals borrowing firearms for short periods. “You can get one possibly for £100 to £150 if you know the right people,” Hesketh said.

While it is working to cut off supplies to the UK, the National Crime Agency has seen a “gradual increase” in the use of fully automatic weapons.

Why is gun crime on the rise? | The Week UK

=================

Gun offences had been increasing since roughly 2015 across England and Wales, according to figures from the Office of National Statistics. But then came the pandemic.

Are gun crimes on the rise again?​

Dr Robert Hesketh, from the School of Justice Studies at Liverpool John Moores University, thinks the incidents will increase because of the cost of living crisis.

"People are getting desperate and desperate times call for desperate measures," he said.

Dr Hesketh disagreed with senior police officers, who say it is hard for a criminal to buy a gun in Britain.

The academic instead suggested in Liverpool a cheap firearm can be obtained for as little as £150 with a bit of asking around.

Gun crime is closely linked with drug dealing. At the top of the criminal tree drug gangs arrange imports to sell in the UK.

The retail arm of the market has become dominated by a relatively new business model.

County lines gangs, using dedicated mobile phones for customers to make orders, shift drugs around the country and have been blamed for increasing the risk of violence involving guns and knives.

Liverpool is an important part of the UK's drug gang infrastructure.

[/URL]

Forum List

Back