Gun control in Australia is supposed to stop these shootings...they banned and confiscated guns cause no 2nd Amendment.

They had a shooting in Australia.........that should have been stopped by their extreme gun control laws...

Despite that massive gun confiscation of almost all firearms, not just ā€œweapons of mass murder,ā€ six people were shot to death, including two young police officers in a stand-off Monday evening.

One of the suspects was a former school principal named Nathaniel Train. Police ended up shooting and killing him, his brother and his sister-in-law. The police are tight-lipped about how the trio secured their weapons and ammunition, most long banned in Oz.

The incident began when police showed up at a remote property doing a welfare check on Mr. Train. Two were shot right away. Two more narrowly escape with their lives.

This fails as a false comparison fallacy, confirmation bias fallacy, and a strawman fallacy.

Guns arenā€™t going to be ā€˜bannedā€™; guns arenā€™t going to be ā€˜confiscatedā€™ ā€“ these are lies contrived and propagated by the right.

This fails as a false comparison fallacy, confirmation bias fallacy, and a strawman fallacy.

Guns arenā€™t going to be ā€˜bannedā€™; guns arenā€™t going to be ā€˜confiscatedā€™ ā€“ these are lies contrived and propagated by the right.

Its funny how every time you post that nonsense you ignore all of the democrat party leaders saying they are going to ban and confiscate guns......

Gun control doesn't stop, it reduces. This has been said to you a thousand times and your thick skull can't take it in. Solid bone from the neck up.
Thatā€™s what makes a conservative: Solid bone from the neck up, impervious to facts and the truth ā€“ such as the fact that guns arenā€™t going to be ā€˜bannedā€™ and the truth that guns arenā€™t going to be ā€˜confiscated.ā€™

Thatā€™s what makes a conservative: Solid bone from the neck up, impervious to facts and the truth ā€“ such as the fact that guns arenā€™t going to be ā€˜bannedā€™ and the truth that guns arenā€™t going to be ā€˜confiscated.ā€™
I would replace the word conservative with gun nut, because they're on both sides of the fence. Yes, that's another puzzler, they believe regulation means confiscation. Again, bone is in the way. I'm UK centre right, also vote Tory, but my orientation to guns is different to many US conservatives because I was brought up in a much safer gun culture. In fact, as kids, we went shooting with air pistols and air rifles. Then my older brother bought a shotgun, we went lamping, you could just go to any field and shoot rabbits, then back to school the next day. Unfortunately, society has to walk as slow as the fuckwits that spoil it for everyone else. So the regs increase.

I do not think the number of gun self-defenses can be measured. Justifiable homicides are rare. Here.
You don't have to kill a person when using a gun in a defensive manner. Oftentimes the mere brandishing of a firearm will stop a criminal in his tracks.

The fact that there are not more deaths from self defense situations only underscores the incredible restraint shown by legal gun owners.

2aguy , when you get your usual 2" erection over a shooting in an another country, you are witnessing one of the very few incidents that take place. The reason why there's fewer than the state's is because of gun regulations. The only way you stop 100% gun incidents or car crashes, is if you could magically make all guns and vehicles disappear in an instant.

Now if you take the daily incidents in the US, it'll probably be greater than many combined Western countries put together.

2aguy , when you get your usual 2" erection over a shooting in an another country, you are witnessing one of the very few incidents that take place. The reason why there's fewer than the state's is because of gun regulations. The only way you stop 100% gun incidents or car crashes, is if you could magically make all guns and vehicles disappear in an instant.

Now if you take the daily incidents in the US, it'll probably be greater than many combined Western countries put together.
More juvenile penis references from the faggot gallery.

Why is you you people obsess over the penises of other men anyway?

Suicide tends to mean it happened to the person, as opposed to that person blasting away families or a classroom of kids.
Suicide is not a crime it is a choice.
'But then again we all know you don't like people to be able to make their own choices.

More juvenile penis references from the faggot gallery.

Why is you you people obsess over the penises of other men anyway?
Because gun nuts are so passionate over guns, psychology would suggest they must receive sexual pleasure from such inanimate objects.

Because gun nuts are so passionate over guns, psychology would suggest they must receive sexual pleasure from such inanimate objects.
Wrong again.

People are passionate about their liberty in this country and you will never understand that having been trained since birth to submit to your government.

Suicide is not a crime it is a choice.
'But then again we all know you don't like people to be able to make their own choices.
Don't know about the US, but suicide is still a crime in about 20 countries. It was a crime until 1961 in the UK. The stupid thing is, you couldn't prosecute a dead body, just someone who attempted and lived.

Which choices do you think I'm against? Bizarre

Wrong again.

People are passionate about their liberty in this country and you will never understand that having been trained since birth to submit to your government.
Can the the UK government stop me owning a shotgun? Gonna test American dumb knowledge here

Don't know about the US, but suicide is still a crime in about 20 countries. It was a crime until 1961 in the UK. The stupid thing is, you couldn't prosecute a dead body, just someone who attempted and lived.

Which choices do you think I'm against? Bizarre
It's not a crime in the US because we believe people have the right to make their own choices.

You agree that the government should be able to arrest people for reading the "wrong" books or saying mean things on Facebook.

It's pathetic really.

Can the the UK government stop me owning a shotgun? Gonna test American dumb knowledge here

I'm sure there is a provision for that because when you have to apply for a license you can be denied or that license can be revoked at any time for just about any reason and you are certainly told what kind of shotgun you might be granted the privilege of owning because you have no right to own one.

You agree that the government should be able to arrest people for reading the "wrong" books or saying mean things on Facebook.

It's pathetic really.

If someone wants to kill themself, that's up to them. If someone wants to read a book, it's up to them. Just like you, we cannot control laws which is why you constantly make false assumptions. I think a law on reading the wrong book to be daft, but I'm not familiar with that story. As for Facebook, it's something I don't do, nor recommend to anyone. Post what you like on Facebook.

If there's a law against saying mean things on Facebook and people feel strongly against this, then everyone will vote for the political candidate who will remove the, "Saying Mean Things Act". Again, I ain't familiar with the mean story thing.

I'm sure there is a provision for that because when you have to apply for a license you can be denied or that license can be revoked at any time for just about any reason and you are certainly told what kind of shotgun you might be granted the privilege of owning because you have no right to own one.
Did you know, if you apply for a shotgun, the government via the police cannot stop you from owning one. They have to have a reason to decline a shotgun certificate. So the only person that can stop you, is you. So if you have a clean police history, nothing on your driving record that would affect the outcome (say caught using your car as a weapon, deliberately driving at someone), your medical history is fine, and the referees you give check out, then you can go buy a shotgun. If you fucked up on any of those, then you've given the police to not grant you a certificate.

If you want a fire arm, such as a long barrel handgun, a rifle, an Uzi etc.. then it's up to you to prove you need one. So if you have a clean background, your job as a pest controller requires one, you're part of a gun club, you have the land and vermin that requires one etc... , then it's likely you will be granted one. If you want one because you're paranoid about violence and thus need it for self defence, or you just like the look of a rifle, then forget it mate.

And if you are declined, yet you're squeaky clean, and good reason for a firearm, I can guarantee it you would get a fair trial in the UK if you sued the government and/or police, because the judicial system is so anal in following the law, even the government lose court cases.

So now your knowledge is updated, your future posts will reflect this. But as you are American........no fucking chance.

They had a shooting in Australia.........that should have been stopped by their extreme gun control laws...

Despite that massive gun confiscation of almost all firearms, not just ā€œweapons of mass murder,ā€ six people were shot to death, including two young police officers in a stand-off Monday evening.

One of the suspects was a former school principal named Nathaniel Train. Police ended up shooting and killing him, his brother and his sister-in-law. The police are tight-lipped about how the trio secured their weapons and ammunition, most long banned in Oz.

The incident began when police showed up at a remote property doing a welfare check on Mr. Train. Two were shot right away. Two more narrowly escape with their lives.

Wow, what a dreadful source you used, try a proper one -

Forum List

Back