Guess who foots the bill for Biden's student loan "forgiveness"?

MarathonMike

Diamond Member
Dec 30, 2014
The Southwestern Desert
That's right, you John and Joan Taxpayer. The appetizer Sneaky Joe has floated is a ten thousand dollar loan forgiveness program per student. But let's get real, that is not going to make a significant difference for anyone. The "real" plan is fifty thousand dollars per student.

Now just try to get your mind around this insanity. The government CREATED the problem by subsidizing low interest student loans. Colleges quickly realized they could jack college costs up way beyond the rate of inflation and the college applications kept coming. So like any smart businessman, when you raise your prices and the customers keep buying, what do you do? Raise them some more!

So 4 decades later, we have a 1.7 TRILLION DOLLAR disaster that the government created, and now they are planning on STICKING YOU with the bill. Is there a taxpayer out there who thinks this is fair? How about making the colleges fund a relief package out of the mega billions they have in endowments and other assets? That's what gets my vote, fuck this taxpayer bailout for a government created nightmare.

That's right, you John and Joan Taxpayer.
We know who's footing the bill. We need to know who's running off with the money.
a ten thousand dollar loan forgiveness program per student. But let's get real, that is not going to make a significant difference for anyone
Because the students themselves aren't getting the money, and they aren't being employed in any gainful professions to any great extent, either.

The goverment spends that much every 10 or 12 years when wall street needs a bailout

That's right, you John and Joan Taxpayer. The appetizer Sneaky Joe has floated is a ten thousand dollar loan forgiveness program per student. But let's get real, that is not going to make a significant difference for anyone. The "real" plan is fifty thousand dollars per student.

Now just try to get your mind around this insanity. The government CREATED the problem by subsidizing low interest student loans. Colleges quickly realized they could jack college costs up way beyond the rate of inflation and the college applications kept coming. So like any smart businessman, when you raise your prices and the customers keep buying, what do you do? Raise them some more!

So 4 decades later, we have a 1.7 TRILLION DOLLAR disaster that the government created, and now they are planning on STICKING YOU with the bill. Is there a taxpayer out there who thinks this is fair? How about making the colleges fund a relief package out of the mega billions they have in endowments and other assets? That's what gets my vote, fuck this taxpayer bailout for a government created nightmare.

Name me a thing Joe wants to do that WON'T blow up the tax bills?!

Like all democrats, Joe never ever had a REAL job so has no idea what it is to earn a living, live on a budget or meet a deadline.

He went from a student in school living off his daddy (like Hunter) to an elected official living off you and I.

Politicians are special welfare for people who know they can't cut it in the real world.

So what? Better to give educated folks a break, than rich hand me down billionaires that haven't produced anything their entire lives. Get with the program.

Wrong question.

Correct question: Who benefits from Biden’s student loan forgiveness program?

Answer: the American people.

The thread premise illustrates a sharp and fundamental divide between liberal and conservative.

Liberals correctly understand that it’s perfectly appropriate and warranted for citizens to contribute via their tax dollars to programs that will benefit the nation as a whole.

Conservatives, by contrast, are short-sighted and closed-minded as to such benefits; indeed, freed from the burden of student debt, Americans will have the financial resources available to participate in our consumer-driven economy and facilitate economic recovery.

The thread premise is yet another example of why conservatives are incapable of sound, responsible governance.

Taxpayers in the USA have a love affair with taking the BIG ONE up their backdoors. Taxpayers should be abandoning the RepubliCratic Duopoly Party(RCDP) & voting for constitutionally based 3rd party & TRUE Independent candidates. I mean these elected positions in government are ENTRY LEVEL positions meaning a high school education qualifies a person for office & a two year AA/AAS degree OVER QUALIFIES a person for elected office positions. Voting for the RepubliCratic Duopoly Party(RCDP) candidates is like voting for computer enhanced mannequins that have been programmed for corruption.

Name me a thing Joe wants to do that WON'T blow up the tax bills?!

Like all democrats, Joe never ever had a REAL job so has no idea what it is to earn a living, live on a budget or meet a deadline.

He went from a student in school living off his daddy (like Hunter) to an elected official living off you and I.

Politicians are special welfare for people who know they can't cut it in the real world.

In Some ways Bernie's plan was better because it established a real product....an education. Biden's plan only makes it possible for people to go right back to the same problem and start it all over again.

The real plan eh? No amount has been finalized.

Liberals correctly understand that it’s perfectly appropriate and warranted for citizens to contribute via their tax dollars to programs that will benefit the nation as a whole.
No one benefits except the student and the overpriced university

The welder or auto mechanic that libs tax to psy for the loan forgiveness program does not benefit st all

Wrong question.

Correct question: Who benefits from Biden’s student loan forgiveness program?

Answer: the American people.

The thread premise illustrates a sharp and fundamental divide between liberal and conservative.

Conservatives, by contrast, are short-sighted and closed-minded as to such benefits; indeed, freed from the burden of student debt, Americans will have the financial resources available to participate in our consumer-driven economy and facilitate economic recovery.

The thread premise is yet another example of why conservatives are incapable of sound, responsible governance.

Say for instance I loaned you $100 so you could put a couple tires on your beater car, so you could go get a job to support your wife and kids. The stipulation was that after you got a job, you'd pay me back.

So you get a job, but you never pay me back for loaning you the $100 to buy the tires. You ask me to just blow off that $100 I loaned you.

How is that fair to me? And what does that make you, besides a deadbeat, a freeloader, a scrounger, and a bum?

Forum List

Back