Guess who BP gave the most $$$ too?

If Obama took one dallar he still lied when he said he doesn't take money from oil companies. No matter how you spin it the fact is OBAMA LIED!!!

So, an employee of an Oil Company is, in your mind, the Oil Company itself then?

Which means that anyone who works for any company, anywhere, cannot donate to a campaign without it being considered a "Corporate Donation".

In other words, if I go out and give $50 to Mitt Romney's campaign, that means Mitt Romney is beholden to the company I work for.

That is what you're implying.

He took money from employees, not the corporation, what is so hard to understand?

It's not hard to understand. LoneStar is being hyperbolic, AGAIN.

It's like when he starts calling anyone to the left of center a "Stalinist".

Oh, and "employees of BP" include people like janitors and gas station attendents. I'm sure that donations from them should be considered "Corporate Donations".

LOL.

Actually, both sides are kind of right and kind of wrong. People can personally donate and no inference should be made. The problem arises when corporations used these 'personal' donations to get around the Tillman Act.

Actually, both sides are kind of right and kind of wrong. People can personally donate and no inference should be made. The problem arises when corporations used these 'personal' donations to get around the Tillman Act.

And given the very small relative amounts in this case, that is clearly not what is happening here.

Unless BP thought it could bribe the president of the United States with $1,250.00.

And given the very small relative amounts in this case, that is clearly not what is happening here.

Unless BP thought it could bribe the president of the United States with $1,250.00.

so far it appears the bribe was not nearly large enough for Obama.

If Obama took one dallar he still lied when he said he doesn't take money from oil companies. No matter how you spin it the fact is OBAMA LIED!!!

So, an employee of an Oil Company is, in your mind, the Oil Company itself then?

Which means that anyone who works for any company, anywhere, cannot donate to a campaign without it being considered a "Corporate Donation".

In other words, if I go out and give $50 to Mitt Romney's campaign, that means Mitt Romney is beholden to the company I work for.

That is what you're implying.

Don't be so naive to think that BP doesn't have lobbyist and hasn't given Obama a dime.

He took money from employees, not the corporation, what is so hard to understand?

You are a liar! Show me ONE post where I have called anyone a "stalinist" and then you can apologize for lying.

BP and its employees have given more than $3.5 million to federal candidates over the past 20 years

$3.5 million/ 20 years = $175,000 per year

$175,000/ 535 Federal candidates = $325 per federal candidate each year

Good work politico!

Wow, talking point alert!

This is being broadcast all over the internet.

Meanwhile Mr Obama has received a TOTAL of 77,000 over 20 years from INDIVIDUAL BP EMPLOYEES.

As rightwinger just pointed out, but more specifically:

77,000/20 = $3,850 per year.

Wow, Obama must be in their poscket for that kind of money. ROFL.

During his time in the Senate and while running for president, Obama received a total of $77,051 from the oil giant and is the top recipient of BP PAC and individual money over the past 20 years, according to financial disclosure records.

An Obama spokesman rejected the notion that the president took big oil money.

Obama biggest recipient of BP cash - Erika Lovley - POLITICO.com

It's probably a ruse to deflect any attention being paid to the rumors he's had extramarital affairs.

You are a liar! Show me ONE post where I have called anyone a "stalinist" and then you can apologize for lying.

LOL, do you really think I'm going to sift through thousands and thousands of your posts?

Besides the "Stalinist" labeling was only an example, the point was the hyperbole itself.

Forum List

Back