Guess who BP gave the most $$$ too?

Don't be so naive to think that BP doesn't have lobbyist and hasn't given Obama a dime.

Got proof? Please feel free to link it. Otherwise this whole theory is a bunch of crap.

I trust the Center for Responsive Politics and the Center for Political Accountability.

Besides corporate donations, BP is active through the BP Employee PAC,supported through voluntary employee contributions. Although BP's isn't among the largest PACs, the organization is one of the oil industry's biggest players in state legislative races.

Center for Political Accountability

Deny it all you want, just makes you a look like a naive fool.

It's not hard to understand. LoneStar is being hyperbolic, AGAIN.

It's like when he starts calling anyone to the left of center a "Stalinist".

You are a liar! Show me ONE post where I have called anyone a "stalinist" and then you can apologize for lying.

LOL, do you really think I'm going to sift through thousands and thousands of your posts?

Besides the "Stalinist" labeling was only an example, the point was the hyperbole itself.

The fact is you are a liar. Why must you lie to make a point?

During his time in the Senate and while running for president, Obama received a total of $77,051 from the oil giant and is the top recipient of BP PAC and individual money over the past 20 years, according to financial disclosure records.

An Obama spokesman rejected the notion that the president took big oil money.

Obama biggest recipient of BP cash - Erika Lovley - POLITICO.com

It's probably a ruse to deflect any attention being paid to the rumors he's had extramarital affairs.

Oh my GOD!

this is terrible

You are a liar! Show me ONE post where I have called anyone a "stalinist" and then you can apologize for lying.

LOL, do you really think I'm going to sift through thousands and thousands of your posts?

Besides the "Stalinist" labeling was only an example, the point was the hyperbole itself.

You are really a sad poster LL.

Frankly I don't remember ever lying on these boards. Please find a provable instance of me Lying.

If you actually paid attention to the people you debate, you'd realize that in the few instances that I have posted material that turned out to be mistaken, I have retracted it almost immediately. Many people will confirm this if you bother to ask.

Don't be so naive to think that BP doesn't have lobbyist and hasn't given Obama a dime.

Got proof? Please feel free to link it. Otherwise this whole theory is a bunch of crap.

I trust the Center for Responsive Politics and the Center for Political Accountability.

Besides corporate donations, BP is active through the BP Employee PAC,supported through voluntary employee contributions. Although BP's isn't among the largest PACs, the organization is one of the oil industry's biggest players in state legislative races.

There is NO mention of any corporate donations to Mr Obama at all in that story.

But it does say this:

BP has donated almost $80,000 to the Republican and Democratic Governors Associations since 2002, with the GOP entity garnering most of the funds. The company has made at least six donations to these organizations since 2002, according to campaign finance records.

Nice link though.

You are really a sad poster LL.

Frankly I don't remember ever lying on these boards. Please find a provable instance of me Lying.

If you actually paid attention to the people you debate, you'd realize that in the few instances that I have posted material that turned out to be mistaken, I have retracted it almost immediately. Many people will confirm this if you bother to ask.

Then you have a bad memory 'cause you most certainly did lie. You lied when you said I called people a stalinist. I've never used that term to describe anyone!

I challenged you to prove your claim and you failed.

I may be a sad poster, but I'm not a liar like you are.

And what about the fact Cheney and his task force said the acoustic switch was too expensive at $500,000?
And couldn't this switch help prevent the oil spill?

Yes the switch could help prevent spills. Whether or not it would have helped in this instance will be a matter left to be decided by investigators...but blaming Cheney? :lol: C'mon Luissa...that's really grasping for straws and makes one look like a fool.

Last edited:
Political contributions
The BP political action committee (PAC) gave $219,500 to federal candidates in the 05/06 election cycle - 34% to Democrats, 65% to Republicans

BP - SourceWatch

Bing around a bit and see what is out there.

How about "binging" around the 2008 Presidential election and not throwing out a red herring.

"Bing" the 2008 presidential election, and you get a grand total of $1,500 to Obama from BP employees.

An amount so insignificant that it is, in itself a "red herring". A "Red Herring" attempting to deflect from the fact that Halliburton is one of the main contributors to this crisis.

There is NO mention of any corporate donations to Mr Obama at all in that story.

But it does say this:

BP has donated almost $80,000 to the Republican and Democratic Governors Associations since 2002, with the GOP entity garnering most of the funds. The company has made at least six donations to these organizations since 2002, according to campaign finance records.

Nice link though.

Hey, stay stupid and believe everything Obama says, you liars need to stick together.

And what about the fact Cheney and his task force said the acoustic switch was too expensive at $500,000?
And couldn't this switch help prevent the oil spill?

Yes the switch could help prevent spills. Whether or not it would have helped in this instance will be a matter left to be decided by investigators...but blaming Cheney? :lol: C'mon Luissa...

That's because Cheney was at one time involved with Haliburton...who plays a role here in this...Nevermind that Cheney divested himself of that entity long ago...but it still serves as fodder for some.

Then you have a bad memory 'cause you most certainly did lie. You lied when you said I called people a stalinist. I've never used that term to describe anyone!

Asking me to sift through thousands of posts is not proving I am a "liar", by any means.

ROFL. You'll have to do better than that.

Asking me to sift through thousands of posts is not proving I am a "liar", by any means.

ROFL. You'll have to do better than that.

I'm not asking you to do anything but prove your claim, which you obviously have no desire to do. You would rather just spew out lies and not be held accountable. Much like Obama.

You are a liar, I know it and you know it.

Political contributions
The BP political action committee (PAC) gave $219,500 to federal candidates in the 05/06 election cycle - 34% to Democrats, 65% to Republicans

BP - SourceWatch

Bing around a bit and see what is out there.

How about "binging" around the 2008 Presidential election and not throwing out a red herring.

"Bing" the 2008 presidential election, and you get a grand total of $1,500 to Obama from BP employees.

An amount so insignificant that it is, in itself a "red herring". A "Red Herring" attempting to deflect from the fact that Halliburton is one of the main contributors to this crisis.

Where's your proof of that?

My proof that Halliburton was one of the 3 Corporations responsible for operations at the plant in question?

You're kidding me, right?

Apparently it's true...

[Snip]

Concerns about the cementing process—and about whether rigs have enough safeguards to prevent blowouts—raise questions about whether the industry can safely drill in deep water and whether regulators are up to the task of monitoring them.
The scrutiny on cementing will focus attention on Halliburton Co., the oilfield-services firm that was handling the cementing process on the rig, which burned and sank last week. The disaster, which killed 11, has left a gusher of oil streaming into the Gulf from a mile under the surface.
Federal officials declined to comment on their investigation, and Halliburton didn't respond to questions from The Wall Street Journal.

[/Snip]

SOURCE

Hey, stay stupid and believe everything Obama says, you liars need to stick together.

ROFL. You posted the link, not me.

You're the one who's trying to imply completely unsubtantiated information, not me.

That would make you the "liar".

Yes I posted a link from politico reporting that Obama took money from BP via PACS, then I provided a link that confirms that BP in fact uses PACS to donate campaign dollars. Where's the lie? If you are stupid enough to believe Obama didn't get a dime from BP that's on you, I'm not that naive.

My proof that Halliburton was one of the 3 Corporations responsible for operations at the plant in question?

You're kidding me, right?

it's OK Cumquat...I did your work for you.

Forum List

Back