Zone1 guess which saint is Patron of the Americas?

That'll be interesting research. I'll keep an eye out. I just ordered a cool looking book that examines the stories of the Saints, one Saint a day for 365 days. A good way to springboard into more research on the individual Saints I find most interesting.

It's encouraging that people like you, though apparently rare,are intersted in this. The devil has done so much to get people to ignore the Original Church... not sure you believethat it is that, but it is (I've done the research so others don't have to... laugh)

She is in heaven - WITH HER SON!
Is she not allowed to leave Heaven to help the poor creatures who need so much help?

that would make Heaven a little bit of a prison... but no, Mary is Mother to us all and cares about us getting to Heaven (unlike the Leftists)

But Jesus did say that no one gets to the Father except through... One who was human AND God, namely HIM
Through Him. Not through his mother, his disciples, or other mortal individuals. That’s a very substantial difference.
Also, why pray for others when they can pray for themselves
I don’t pray to or for anyone at this point, so it’s kind of a moot topic.
Not even to or through Saint Martin of the Luther family?
The Lutheran church does not Venerate Luther. You will not find prayers or supplications to him. He holds no special place in the chapel, the literacy or the service. Other than “Luther’s Small Chatechism” you won’t even find his name mentioned most of the time.

Through Him. Not through his mother, his disciples, or other mortal individuals. That’s a very substantial difference.

I don’t pray to or for anyone at this point, so it’s kind of a moot topic.

The Lutheran church does not Venerate Luther. You will not find prayers or supplications to him. He holds no special place in the chapel, the literacy or the service. Other than “Luther’s Small Chatechism” you won’t even find his name mentioned most of the time.

There should be nothing at all with his name on it. He is likely in Hell for dividing the seamless Church... which is still seamless despite his heresies but there is a great APPEARANCE of division... In other words, if "Christians" would just focus on what we all have in common (all the various denoms) and agree to disagree on what we cannot agree to... maybe the world would be a little better than it is...

In any case, if there were something wrong with praying to saints, the Original Church would have ditched that practice long b4 the great Luther came along...

I have had the saints intervene for me when it seemedGod would not.. probably because He was... "busy" or... only God knows... But the point is that I have had saints do things for me... when asking God directly did not work..

doesn't makes sense... but read my new thread here... onGod makingsense.. or not

In other words, if "Christians" would just focus on what we all have in common (all the various denoms) and agree to disagree on what we cannot agree to... maybe the world would be a little better than it is...
Christianity is a joke in my mind. Catholic, Protestant, etc… it’s all a farce so far as I’m concerned. Just like every other organized religion on this planet. Prayer is highly over-rated and under-responsive in my personal experience.

Christianity is a joke in my mind. Catholic, Protestant, etc… it’s all a farce so far as I’m concerned. Just like every other organized religion on this planet. Prayer is highly over-rated and under-responsive in my personal experience.

Maybe you're not doing it right.

It's actually not like going to the Seven-11 and asking for a miracle.

Maybe you're not doing it right.

It's actually not like going to the Seven-11 and asking for a miracle
I grew up on a family where you can’t swing an arm without hitting someone who worked for or was an elected officer of our church body. Up to and including clergy members.

I understand quite well how it’s “supposed to work”. I also know, it doesn’t work. I’m living proof of that. If prayer worker I’d have been dead 40 years ago and my father would still be around.

I grew up on a family where you can’t swing an arm without hitting someone who worked for or was an elected officer of our church body. Up to and including clergy members.

I understand quite well how it’s “supposed to work”. I also know, it doesn’t work. I’m living proof of that. If prayer worker I’d have been dead 40 years ago and my father would still be around.

Well, I get a lot out of it and wish everyone else could.

I enjoy your posts. Thank you.

Well, I get a lot out of it and wish everyone else could
I’m glad that you (and many others I know) get something out of it. I never have. I hope it keeps workin for you throughout your lifetime.,
I enjoy your posts. Thank you
Thank you. I try not to make things personal or attack people who disagree with me except in the most extreme circumstances.

you can only speak for yourself and I guess that's what you're doing

I pity you because you obviously don't have a close thing with Jesus and... hate to be the bearer of bad news but Jesus is your ONLY friend.

You can think people love you but they don't... I mean, not like Him, not even close. And when you let them down, they leave you or abuse you or whatever...

Comments like yours make me realize all over again what I have.. that everyone else may not have... In fact most people probably don't know Jesus well bc they haven't spent time in that tangible Presence of His I have written about here

Pretty sad... I may be without a Church but no one can take away my MEMORIES of those times I was with Him... tangibly... There is nothing else in the world to compare to it...

that doesn't appear to make sense .. the last thing

Did you pray for yourself to die, and that your father would not??

Did you pray for yourself to die, and that your father would not??
I prayed for God to kill me every day growing up. Probably until I was in my late teens. It never happened.

My father spent two and a half years withering away from skin cancer before dying on his 54th birthday.

Last edited:
I prayed for God to kill me every day growing up. Probably until I was in my late teens. It never happened.

My father spent two and a half years withering away from skin cancer before dying on his 54th birthday.

why did you want to die? It is very rare in my experience.. for a young person to want to die, although it is getting more and more common (crazy world we live in)

have you gotten any therapy for this? I mean, this is a very serious thing

why did you want to die? It is very rare in my experience.. for a young person to want to die, although it is getting more and more common (crazy world we live in
I was born with a genetic but non-hereditary birth defect, Sturge-Weber Syndrome. My full facial birthmark was obvious even before I was born, but in 1974 the medical professionals didn’t use that phrase until a child had exhibited all four key symptoms (facial birthmark, cranial calcification, glaucona and seizures). Thst didn’t happen until 1978 (age 4). They immediately put me on high-end anti-seizure meds and told my parents I’d probably never live a “normal” life. I was on those meds for 7 years, until my parents demanded I be taken off them. The docs swore I’d be seizing within a month. I didn’t have another seizure until 28 years later (age 39). But the meds had already fucked me up physically by stunting my growth and development.

Beyond the obvious issues of being a kid with a facial birthmark, add the fact that I has two younger brothers (25 & 40 months younger) who are not afflicted. That meant by the time I was 8 or 9 they were bigger, stronger, faster, smarter, better looking and more popular than I was. Oh, and they’re both exceptional athletes.

I saw my life as a living hell. I was the walking, talking punchline of every joke and insult. I truly wished I’d never been born.

Thankfully things got somewhat better in high school and then college. I was defying all the lifestyle expectations ssfor a SWS patient and still am today.

I was born with a genetic but non-hereditary birth defect, Sturge-Weber Syndrome. My full facial birthmark was obvious even before I was born, but in 1974 the medical professionals didn’t use that phrase until a child had exhibited all four key symptoms (facial birthmark, cranial calcification, glaucona and seizures). Thst didn’t happen until 1978 (age 4). They immediately put me on high-end anti-seizure meds and told my parents I’d probably never live a “normal” life. I was on those meds for 7 years, until my parents demanded I be taken off them. The docs swore I’d be seizing within a month. I didn’t have another seizure until 28 years later (age 39). But the meds had already fucked me up physically by stunting my growth and development.

Beyond the obvious issues of being a kid with a facial birthmark, add the fact that I has two younger brothers (25 & 40 months younger) who are not afflicted. That meant by the time I was 8 or 9 they were bigger, stronger, faster, smarter, better looking and more popular than I was. Oh, and they’re both exceptional athletes.

I saw my life as a living hell. I was the walking, talking punchline of every joke and insult. I truly wished I’d never been born.

Thankfully things got somewhat better in high school and then college. I was defying all the lifestyle expectations ssfor a SWS patient and still am today.

Glad you're here. Your posts are truly appreciated. You are apparently missing nothing cognitively or intellectually.

There are people who look beyond physical differences. I had a relationship with a young man with CP when I was 17, and would have married him, but his family disapproved of me.

well, they knew what it was like being human (seemingly, at times, unable to do what Jesus said?)

Imagine what the Queen of Saints went through... Here she was serving God all her life and He gives her this beautiful Child and she had Him for about 33 years and then... you know the rest.. She had to see Him mistreated and murdered and for what wrong-doing?

She was a virgin and conceived w/o original sin... It seems that therefore, she couldn't understand all the sin that was committed against her son.. So that is why the saints are there for us.. they understand. And I have reason to believe the Queen of Saints, Mary, is a great way to get rid of the evil one. Yes, being connected to the Father does that also. But Jesus did say that no one gets to the Father except through... One who was human AND God, namely HIM

and His mother helps....

Don't need Mary.

1 Timothy 2:5-6 ESV​

For there is one God, and there is one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus, who gave himself as a ransom for all, which is the testimony given at the proper time.

well, again I say you are not alone. I was the least favored one in my family from the time I was fairly young. Then I had an experience with Jesus and changed a lot and my not-so-Christian-like family .. well, wait.. first it was just one parent.. didn't like me! Imagine someone not liking you because you change for thebetter! I had become a more loving person and etc.. but some people just have weird issues... & that parent is to thisday one of the strangest people I've ever encountered... incapable of loving... probably anyone, not just yours truly. it's a long story of course. Then when my siblings saw that I was disfavored by this parent, they joined in the abuse... always took that person's side regardless... Talk about groupthink! It's human nature...

It helps to realize that Jesus went through this kind of rejection--- suffered other great miseries... I could go on and on w/ this personal story.. and maybe going on and on would make for a clearer picture but I don't really want to talk about it. I gave it to God and He can deal with it. He knows all the details. I don't know much of anything... except that, like you, I was not treated well and there was no good reason (I began to suspect that that parent envied me... a long story).

So...People are mistreated by peers and others for NON-physical "issues" also...

and that can be worse sometimes, when it is unseen because... what is unseen is non-existent (to humans)... so no one knows what you've been through... even when you tell them

Anyway...

:dunno:

Glad you're here. Your posts are truly appreciated. You are apparently missing nothing cognitively or intellectually.

There are people who look beyond physical differences. I had a relationship with a young man with CP when I was 17, and would have married him, but his family disapproved of me.

what is CP?

Forum List

Back