Zone1 guess which saint is Patron of the Americas?

Glad you're here. Your posts are truly appreciated. You are apparently missing nothing cognitively or intellectually
I wouldn’t say I’m missing nothing, intellectually but I’m doing alright. That is largely thanks to a family that refused to let me be a victim. They demanded my best educationally and would not allow me to use my condition as a crutch (even when I could have used some remedial math help). They let me set goal and chase them… all the way to Eagle Scout, a high school baseball championship (manager, statistics, and coaches asst.), a degree in a technical field, and an amazing 700+ book personal library.
There are people who look beyond physical differences. I had a relationship with a young man with CP when I was 17, and would have married him, but his family disapproved of me
My wife and I are a couple of rejects from the Island of Misfit Toys” I’m the guy who shouldn’t be as smart and well adjusted as I am considering my extensive medical issues and she’s the 300 lb, Puerto Rican adolescent rape survivor who never thought anybody would or could care about her. We fill each others needs and work together to get through it all.

I wouldn’t say I’m missing nothing, intellectually but I’m doing alright. That is largely thanks to a family that refused to let me be a victim. They demanded my best educationally and would not allow me to use my condition as a crutch (even when I could have used some remedial math help). They let me set goal and chase them… all the way to Eagle Scout, a high school baseball championship (manager, statistics, and coaches asst.), a degree in a technical field, and an amazing 700+ book personal library.

My wife and I are a couple of rejects from the Island of Misfit Toys” I’m the guy who shouldn’t be as smart and well adjusted as I am considering my extensive medical issues and she’s the 300 lb, Puerto Rican adolescent rape survivor who never thought anybody would or could care about her. We fill each others needs and work together to get through it all.

An impressive life, by my standards. Thanks for telling us about it.

Come on Conservatives, you can do better than that

An impressive life, by my standards. Thanks for telling us about it.
You’re welcome. That’s just the tip of the weird, strange and crazy iceberg that has been my life. I say iceberg because most people would never expect much of what I’ve done over the years…

Including cursing out fitness guru Richard Simmons to his face in O”Hare airport.

You are lucky Simmons did not kick your ass
I’m guessing he realized that beating up a 15 year old guy after he’d already left three similarly aged girls bawling by insulting their appearance probably wouldn’t be a good look for him.

The funny thing is I didn’t even know who he was. I just knew he’d emotionally destroyed a good friend of mine by being a total ass.

You’re welcome. That’s just the tip of the weird, strange and crazy iceberg that has been my life. I say iceberg because most people would never expect much of what I’ve done over the years…

Including cursing out fitness guru Richard Simmons to his face in O”Hare airport.

I'd love a chance to do the same! I never got what anyone saw in him.

I'd love a chance to do the same! I never got what anyone saw in him.

i was never a fan but didn't think he would insult people ... young people and make them cry...

I was just talking to the Canadian about narcissists and I thought I was done talking about such folks but Richard Simmons ... seems like one..

anyhow, I'm not a licensed psychologist, so... there's that... but I do know a little about the symptoms of narcissim.. I mean, we've all met people who are just... it's all about them.. .totally. We are all like that bc it is human nature to think a lot of oneself... or just think too much of oneself, period... be self-centered, etc but some people make a fine art of it...

yeh, Simmons is likely a true narcissist..

i was never a fan but didn't think he would insult people ... young people and make them cry...

I was just talking to the Canadian about narcissists and I thought I was done talking about such folks but Richard Simmons ... seems like one..

anyhow, I'm not a licensed psychologist, so... there's that... but I do know a little about the symptoms of narcissim.. I mean, we've all met people who are just... it's all about them.. .totally. We are all like that bc it is human nature to think a lot of oneself... or just think too much of oneself, period... be self-centered, etc but some people make a fine art of it...

yeh, Simmons is likely a true narcissist..

Well said!

Well said!

I had a close relative who either was a narcissist or (as another relative said) had narcissistic tendencies.

I tend to think the former TOTALLY. This person did not seem to be able to really empathize with others, or maybe it was just certain others, but there was this one person in thefamily who had never done anything bad to this narcissist and yet the n treated that person like total dirt...

really bizarre story...

Do you have weird relatives? LOL

I had a close relative who either was a narcissist or (as another relative said) had narcissistic tendencies.

I tend to think the former TOTALLY. This person did not seem to be able to really empathize with others, or maybe it was just certain others, but there was this one person in thefamily who had never done anything bad to this narcissist and yet the n treated that person like total dirt...

really bizarre story...

Do you have weird relatives? LOL

Having lost my dad at a very young age, I looked to my brothers for the guidance a girl should be getting from her father, and they were all horrible narcissists.

Having lost my dad at a very young age, I looked to my brothers for the guidance a girl should be getting from her father, and they were all horrible narcissists.

wow, I feel for you.. Were they very abusive? so you couldn't wait to get away?

The world is going to see more of these types because... people don't know how to discipline their children these days... (most people don't).

we are told at every turn not to spank children.. yeh, just let them run wild and figure out morality/ethics all on their own.. which , guess what? They don't... until some catastrophe happens or whatever............. long story but I have a lot of expertise in this area..

wow, I feel for you.. Were they very abusive? so you couldn't wait to get away?

The world is going to see more of these types because... people don't know how to discipline their children these days... (most people don't).

we are told at every turn not to spank children.. yeh, just let them run wild and figure out morality/ethics all on their own.. which , guess what? They don't... until some catastrophe happens or whatever............. long story but I have a lot of expertise in this area..

Well, as far as completely invalidating a child who looks up to you can be called abuse, I'd say they were abusive. And they passed it on to my youngest brother as well, who was a lovely, good person.

I agree that corporal punishment can be necessary, and that the lack thereof is what has contributed so much to the destruction of our culture.

Well, as far as completely invalidating a child who looks up to you can be called abuse, I'd say they were abusive. And they passed it on to my youngest brother as well, who was a lovely, good person.

I agree that corporal punishment can be necessary, and that the lack thereof is what has contributed so much to the destruction of our culture.

I empathize w/ you because close relatives of mine were ALWAYS and to this day doing this: invalidating me. That's why I stay the hell away from them.

You can't tell me as old as they are, they don't know exactly what they are doing.. I'm not buying it.. I mean, there's just no sense to it at all as I have not done anything against them... unless they figure not being exactly like THEM is a mortal sin or something.. (probably the case)

Sometimes it is just SO easy to believe what Jesus and canonized saints have said

that very, very few make it to Heaven.. don't want to judge anyone, but sometimes people are just ridiculously--- far from Jesus... (if you want to put it that way)

I pray for them. I do love them... but they don't care how I feel for them (or pray for them)... or those are my thoughts/feelings anyhow...

I empathize w/ you because close relatives of mine were ALWAYS and to this day doing this: invalidating me. That's why I stay the hell away from them.

You can't tell me as old as they are, they don't know exactly what they are doing.. I'm not buying it.. I mean, there's just no sense to it at all as I have not done anything against them... unless they figure not being exactly like THEM is a mortal sin or something.. (probably the case)

Sometimes it is just SO easy to believe what Jesus and canonized saints have said

that very, very few make it to Heaven.. don't want to judge anyone, but sometimes people are just ridiculously--- far from Jesus... (if you want to put it that way)

I pray for them. I do love them... but they don't care how I feel for them (or pray for them)... or those are my thoughts/feelings anyhow...

Beats me.

I can just say that it was a relief to never again have to pretend that I actually loved those who did not validate me.

Beats me.

I can just say that it was a relief to never again have to pretend that I actually loved those who did not validate me.

you distance yourself from them as I do?

some people just stay and take the abuse... which is understandable bc there is love there... but after awhile, you see there is no REAL love

you distance yourself from them as I do?

some people just stay and take the abuse... which is understandable bc there is love there... but after awhile, you see there is no REAL love

About as distant as I can get. They are dead.

The world is a better place without them.

About as distant as I can get. They are dead.

The world is a better place without them.

wow.. usually people feel somewhat differently about family once they are gone forever like this..

it must have been horrific. Then again, i already know it was bc I have been through something very similar, from the sounds of it...

wow.. usually people feel somewhat differently about family once they are gone forever like this..

it must have been horrific. Then again, i already know it was bc I have been through something very similar, from the sounds of it...

They were addicts who never did anything for anyone but themselves.

I tried hard to give them chances when they'd actually get clean for a while, but I learned they didn't deserve it just for staying clean for a while.

They were still assholes who didn't happen to be using at the time.

protestants don't like thinking about Mary (or if they do, they are certainly not going to admit it!)

But it is always a good thing to think about beautiful, heavenly beings.

A virgin Mother... what a beautiful idea from God...

Thinking of her lifts me up and makes the devil seem smaller... like an undisciplined child throwing a temper tantrum

somewhere in the Word it says .. lists some lovely things ... and then says "Think on these things"

:)

Forum List

Back