Guaranteed income?

So, people want to saddle all of us who actually produce something of value to our country with onerous taxes in order to support all those who have zero interest in producing anything of value whatsoever, I see.

I assume all those in this thread who support such nonsense are on the receiving end of things and not the ones forced to support them.

Nope. I'm on the production end. Always have been. But I've seen this coming for many years now. A product of automation, efficiency, education, cost of living, and wage stagnation.
And yes, I'll happily have some of my tax money allocated for something like this. As I've said, it's coming whether you like it or not.

The Compton Pledge has so far divulged little about the details, such as who donated to support the program, exactly how the participants will be selected, how much and how often recipients receive cash and what the research methods would be.

The Compton Pledge organizers want to maintain the integrity of the process, but ensure transparency once details are fleshed out, said Halah Ahmad, head of public relations and policy communications for the Jain Family Institute, a nonprofit research firm that helps design guaranteed income pilot programs.

Until I see the research methods, it's all bullshit. It has to be measurable.

800 Compton residents to get guaranteed income in two-year pilot program. WTF, coming soon to a neighborhood near you...except it won't be private donors funding the program, it will be taxpayers.

800 Compton residents to get guaranteed income in two-year pilot program

Universal Income is coming whether you like it or not. It's either that or have millions of people out of work and homeless on the streets. I didn't think I'd see it in the next decade but the pandemic has revved up the need for it.
And yes, I expected taxpayers to fund it...unless Democrats take control of Washington, and then, you may have a chance of getting corporations (who are putting people out of work with automation and offshoring) to chip in.
Are you so stupid that you don't know that the Ds voted with the Rs to give tax breaks to companies that off-shored?
Do you realize that Clinton quadrupled the number of Business Visas?
The only different between the parties is that the Ds will send you a very small welfare check.

You Ds are so stupid it's a good thing you don't have to have a functioning brain to breath.

I do realize all of this. Offshoring has been both parties issues. And I've said that. I said, a chance if Democrats get in. I would hope that would be because people have seen the errors in their ways and could find other ways to accomplish things. If you don't want taxpayers footing the bill for UI, then the only place left to go are the corporations.
The sole candidate from either Party who mentioned Off-Shoring, Business Visas and Trespassers in their 2016 campaign was Trump.
That's why Wall Street hates Trump.
No other candidate gives a damn.
Ds overtly want Open Borders Business Visas and Rs overtly want Business Visas and Off-Shoring.
They want what their contributors want.
'Nuff said.

And yet, under Trump, offshoring magically continued. So Wall St can't hate him that much.

And stop with the open borders stuff. No one on either side is in favor of that.

Yes, GE will be closing plants...thank you Obama.

GE announces intent to close Salem plant

800 Compton residents to get guaranteed income in two-year pilot program. WTF, coming soon to a neighborhood near you...except it won't be private donors funding the program, it will be taxpayers.

Universal Income is coming whether you like it or not. It's either that or have millions of people out of work and homeless on the streets. I didn't think I'd see it in the next decade but the pandemic has revved up the need for it.
And yes, I expected taxpayers to fund it...unless Democrats take control of Washington, and then, you may have a chance of getting corporations (who are putting people out of work with automation and offshoring) to chip in.

I've said all along this was coming, and it's not even a bad idea.

Holy shit...what will happen to these numbers after this brilliant idea?

Are you so stupid that you don't know that the Ds voted with the Rs to give tax breaks to companies that off-shored?
The only different between the parties is that the Ds will send you a very small welfare check.

You Ds are so stupid it's a good thing you don't have to have a functioning brain to breath.

I do realize all of this. Offshoring has been both parties issues. And I've said that. I said, a chance if Democrats get in. I would hope that would be because people have seen the errors in their ways and could find other ways to accomplish things. If you don't want taxpayers footing the bill for UI, then the only place left to go are the corporations.
The sole candidate from either Party who mentioned Off-Shoring, Business Visas and Trespassers in their 2016 campaign was Trump.
Ds overtly want Open Borders Business Visas and Rs overtly want Business Visas and Off-Shoring.
'Nuff said.

And yet, under Trump, offshoring magically continued. So Wall St can't hate him that much.

And stop with the open borders stuff. No one on either side is in favor of that.
No true...the majority of Liberals rith here are on favor on Open Borders.

This is where I agree with Bernie Sanders...
Trump has to tax the shit out of companies that Off-Shored after succeeding in the US.

how can taxpayers fund anything while shivering in place rube
The people with 80% of the money are better protected than the average, their income hasn't been affected. Since they make 80% of the money, they should pay 80% of the taxes.
Convert the fiat currency as a pure means of trading one product or service for another. Use very little interest and the interest goes to the government not the owners of the banks and the world printing presses..

It will be an interesting experiment. Conservative economist Milton Friedman supported a UBI and with the continuous automation of labor it might be inevitable.

An open border to the thirdworld, UBI, free healthcare for the world....Hmmm, what could possibly go wrong?
I’m thinking Ray Charles can see what lies ahead.

'Nuff said.

Yes, GE will be closing plants...thank you Obama.

GE announces intent to close Salem plant

Yes..Yes..Yes...
Oh, and that Carrier plant in Indiana??...maybe it's still open..but the jobs...whoops. Again, offshoring and outsourcing magically continues.

how can taxpayers fund anything while shivering in place rube
The people with 80% of the money are better protected than the average, their income hasn't been affected. Since they make 80% of the money, they should pay 80% of the taxes.
Oh, yeah, really gives them incentive to continue to make money and employee people. Where do you guys get this stuff?!?

'Nuff said.

Trump has to tax the shit out of companies that Off-Shored after succeeding in the US.

No they aren't. They just don't want to see money spent on a fucking wall that won't stop most of the immigration from the south.
They want to see real immigration reform talked about....but I'm not holding my breath, especially with Republicans in power.

'Nuff said.

No they aren't. They just don't want to see money spent on a fucking wall that won't stop most of the immigration from the south.
They want to see real immigration reform talked about....but I'm not holding my breath, especially with Republicans in power.
I read the posts here...Liberals always start with the waste of money and eventually admit they love Trespassers.
Some Liberals here live with Trespassers.

Automation of labor will all but guarantee it
Could such a thing prompt the immediate removal of 20-40 million illegal brown cockroaches?
If so, I love it!

While it is a good study regarding economics, equal protection of the law for unemployment compensation in our at-will employment States can actually solve simple poverty in a market friendly manner. Tax breaks for employers only helps the Rich and increases the deficit.

Automation of labor will all but guarantee it
Then why doesn't FoxConn automate?
Because Tim Cook has already told us that automation costs money and no one will be able to buy the product.

]I've said all along this was coming, and it's not even a bad idea.

You’re right, it’s not a bad idea... it’s a horrific idea.. Just another program to incentivize people to look to the Government for their livelihoods. If you can’t support yourself, please just go off somewhere and die, so we can be done with you.
The us will be full of unemployed homeless folks if we don't. There won't be enough jobs to go around.

Forum List

Back