Guaranteed income?

800 Compton residents to get guaranteed income in two-year pilot program. WTF, coming soon to a neighborhood near you...except it won't be private donors funding the program, it will be taxpayers.

800 Compton residents to get guaranteed income in two-year pilot program

Universal Income is coming whether you like it or not. It's either that or have millions of people out of work and homeless on the streets. I didn't think I'd see it in the next decade but the pandemic has revved up the need for it.
And yes, I expected taxpayers to fund it...unless Democrats take control of Washington, and then, you may have a chance of getting corporations (who are putting people out of work with automation and offshoring) to chip in.

800 Compton residents to get guaranteed income in two-year pilot program. WTF, coming soon to a neighborhood near you...except it won't be private donors funding the program, it will be taxpayers.

Universal Income is coming whether you like it or not. It's either that or have millions of people out of work and homeless on the streets. I didn't think I'd see it in the next decade but the pandemic has revved up the need for it.
And yes, I expected taxpayers to fund it...unless Democrats take control of Washington, and then, you may have a chance of getting corporations (who are putting people out of work with automation and offshoring) to chip in.
how can taxpayers fund anything while shivering in place rube

The people with 80% of the money are better protected than the average, their income hasn't been affected. Since they make 80% of the money, they should pay 80% of the taxes.

Are you so stupid that you don't know that the Ds voted with the Rs to give tax breaks to companies that off-shored?
Do you realize that Clinton quadrupled the number of Business Visas?
The only different between the parties is that the Ds will send you a very small welfare check.

You Ds are so stupid it's a good thing you don't have to have a functioning brain to breath.

how many whites...how many blacks...how many friends of the mayor

The program aims to include a representative sample of 68% Latino and 30% Black residents in Compton, as well as those often excluded from federal and state aid programs, including undocumented immigrants and formerly incarcerated residents. Soon they'll all be friends of the mayor.

The program aims to include a representative sample of 68% Latino and 30% Black residents in Compton, as well as those often excluded from federal and state aid programs, including undocumented immigrants and formerly incarcerated residents. Soon they'll all be friends of the mayor.
so its a racist program

The people with 80% of the money are better protected than the average, their income hasn't been affected. Since they make 80% of the money, they should pay 80% of the taxes.
until then.......now back to reality

Are you so stupid that you don't know that the Ds voted with the Rs to give tax breaks to companies that off-shored?
The only different between the parties is that the Ds will send you a very small welfare check.

You Ds are so stupid it's a good thing you don't have to have a functioning brain to breath.

I do realize all of this. Offshoring has been both parties issues. And I've said that. I said, a chance if Democrats get in. I would hope that would be because people have seen the errors in their ways and could find other ways to accomplish things. If you don't want taxpayers footing the bill for UI, then the only place left to go are the corporations.

so its a racist program

Sure sounds like it, but Compton is a racist city.

Based on your numbers 80% are paying 80% of the taxes. Now you want them to give free money?

I do realize all of this. Offshoring has been both parties issues. And I've said that. I said, a chance if Democrats get in. I would hope that would be because people have seen the errors in their ways and could find other ways to accomplish things. If you don't want taxpayers footing the bill for UI, then the only place left to go are the corporations.
The sole candidate from either Party who mentioned Off-Shoring, Business Visas and Trespassers in their 2016 campaign was Trump.
That's why Wall Street hates Trump.
No other candidate gives a damn.
Ds overtly want Open Borders Business Visas and Rs overtly want Business Visas and Off-Shoring.
They want what their contributors want.
'Nuff said.

Based on your numbers 80% are paying 80% of the taxes. Now you want them to give free money?
Reading not your strong suite I gather? That's not what I said at all.

So, people want to saddle all of us who actually produce something of value to our country with onerous taxes in order to support all those who have zero interest in producing anything of value whatsoever, I see.

I assume all those in this thread who support such nonsense are on the receiving end of things and not the ones forced to support them.

so its a racist program

And a political program. Which taxpayers are the ones paying for the program? Gotta be state or local, wonder how they feel about that, especially when illegals are getting their money. No wonder middle and upper income people are leaving CA.

The sole candidate from either Party who mentioned Off-Shoring, Business Visas and Trespassers in their 2016 campaign was Trump.
That's why Wall Street hates Trump.
No other candidate gives a damn.
Ds overtly want Open Borders Business Visas and Rs overtly want Business Visas and Off-Shoring.
They want what their contributors want.
'Nuff said.

And yet, under Trump, offshoring magically continued. So Wall St can't hate him that much.

And stop with the open borders stuff. No one on either side is in favor of that.

]I've said all along this was coming, and it's not even a bad idea.

You’re right, it’s not a bad idea... it’s a horrific idea.. Just another program to incentivize people to look to the Government for their livelihoods. If you can’t support yourself, please just go off somewhere and die, so we can be done with you.

Forum List

Back