Ground Troops

toastman

Gold Member
Aug 17, 2012
I know that the U.S is not going to put ground troops in Syria, however the discussion has come up several times. I have a weird question about that:

How could you put ground troops in a country that has an air force?? Can't they just locate where you set up the bases and bomb the crap out of you ?

I know that the U.S is not going to put ground troops in Syria, however the discussion has come up several times. I have a weird question about that:

How could you put ground troops in a country that has an air force?? Can't they just locate where you set up the bases and bomb the crap out of you ?
The first thing to happen is to neutralize their air power. Secondly, there has never been a war that was won by air power alone. No boots on the ground is a no brainer. Obama may think he's a military strategist and a great field general but then again, so did Corporal Schickelgruber.

The first thing to happen is to neutralize their air power. Secondly, there has never been a war that was won by air power alone. No boots on the ground is a no brainer. Obama may think he's a military strategist and a great field general but then again, so did Corporal Schickelgruber.

I suppose so, but all it takes in one or two fighter jets or attack helicopters, and an entire U.S army base that was set up in Syrian territory could be destroyed !

Anyway, I just can't imagine any country sending ground infantry into a hostile country that has an air force.

I suppose so, but all it takes in one or two fighter jets or attack helicopters, and an entire U.S army base that was set up in Syrian territory could be destroyed !

Anyway, I just can't imagine any country sending ground infantry into a hostile country that has an air force.
When the firing starts, Assad will pull a Saddam and move his planes to Iran.

Obama has a staff that fully understand that the Syrian air force would have to be destroyed before any army, American or coalition or whatever, went into the country. If the Syrian planes fled to Iran and tried to operate from there, then the Iranian air force, air defense, and air fields would be destroyed as well.

None of that will have to happen.

They have also penetrated Damascus and are "painting" Assad wherever he is and wherever he goes. Assad probably doesn't know the Spec Ops have planted a GPS device in his anus.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back