Greenland

As stated in the video, AGW increases the amount of snow because the warmer air hold more water vapor. That means more snow. However, there is another season called summer. And, in that season, the snow on the lower elevations melts, and the glaciers shed giga-tons of ice into the sea. More giga-tons of ice than falls as snow. So Greenland is losing ice.

Just not in the area the planes were?

Mark
Stupid ass, those planes were in the high elevation area of Greenland.

So its just the lower elevations that are melting?

Mark

Two processes at work. Lower elevation snow melt, and the flow of ice from the glaciers. Together, they add up to more ice than is being created by the snowfall at the higher elevations in Greenland, the difference being measured in giga-tons of ice. Greenland is losing ice, and the oceans are gaining water.

Mann%20Jones%20Full%20annotated.png

Fig. 4: Northern Hemisphere temperature anomaly reconstruction from 200 A.D. to 1980 A.D. compared to the average temperature from 1961-1991. (Source of data: Mann, M. E. and P. D. Jones, 2003, 2,000 Year Hemispheric Multi-proxy Temperature Reconstructions, IGBP PAGES/World Data Center for Paleoclimatology Data Contribution Series #2003-051. NOAA/NGDC Paleoclimatology Program, Boulder CO, USA.)

thevikingworld / Vikings versus Climate Change

You post up a temperature reconstruction from mann and jones with a straight face...what an ignoramus you are. You are absolutely laughable rocks...the shit you believe because it supports your wacko politics.

As stated in the video, AGW increases the amount of snow because the warmer air hold more water vapor. That means more snow. However, there is another season called summer. And, in that season, the snow on the lower elevations melts, and the glaciers shed giga-tons of ice into the sea. More giga-tons of ice than falls as snow. So Greenland is losing ice.
and yet the water vapor is DECREASING not increasing... You ignorant fool..
upload_2017-11-27_21-38-47.png

Warming during the Medieval Climatic Anomaly was not global
During the Medieval Climatic Anomaly, some areas, most notably in the North Atlantic and parts of Europe, were at least as warm as today, if not warmer. However, other areas were colder, and overall evidence suggests that global temperatures during this period were similar to those at the beginning or middle of the 20th century, and colder than today. This period is explored in more depth here.

So not only was Greenland already mostly covered in ice when Europeans settled there, but also the relatively warm conditions during this period were not a global phenomenon. This contrasts with what we are seeing today, where warming is truly global. Figure 1 is a map showing reconstructions of temperature anomalies during the Medieval Warm Period. Blue colours show lower temperatures and warm colours show higher temperatures when compared to the 1961-1990 reference period.

Temperature_Pattern_MWP.gif

Figure 1 - Reconstructed surface temperature anomalies for the Medieval Warm Period(950-1250) compared to a 1961-1990 reference period. (Source: Mann et al., 2009)

You just take it all in at face value when it comes from your priests don't you rocks? The scientific method never even enters your mind...just believe it and pass it on. Clearly you never bothered to check up on your climate heroes to see if they are taking you for a fool.

Looking at your map from left to right, the first thing I see is that according to them, Alaska was quite cool during the MWP. However, according to actual studies, that claim simply isn't true.

I see a dark blue dot there in the vicinity of south central Alaska. Here is a study done at Hallet Lake, right in that dark blue zone.

http://openknowledge.nau.edu/725/1/..._high-resolution_quantitative_temperature.pdf

[clip]
[17] BSi-inferred summer temperatures were warmer than the long-term (2 ka) average (3.1°C) from 100 to 500 AD, before decreasing rapidly to 2°C by 600 AD (Figure 3). This cooling coincides with a period of glacial advance in the Chugach Range, and the Kenai and St. Elias Mountains [Wiles et al., 2008]. After 600 AD, summer temperature gradually increased from 2 to 4°C by 1300 AD, and remained above the 2 ka average until 1500 AD. Summer temperature began to decrease at 1450 AD, cooling nearly 2°C by 1875 AD (Figure 3). The maximum cooling at Hallet Lake during the past 2 ka occurred from 1750 to 1900 AD. Summer temperature at Hallet Lake increased 2.5°C in the 130 yr since the coldest part of the Little Ice Age (LIA), and the reconstructed temperatures for the past 20 yr are the highest for the past 2 ka at Hallet Lake. These unprecedented changes over the past 150 yr are consistent with changes recorded in lake sediments throughout the Arctic [Smol and Douglas, 2007].

Here is another study done at Iceberg Lake...again, right in that dark blue region in south central Alaska..again, their claims are at odds with published research.

Clegg, B.F., Clarke, G.H., Chipman, M.L., Chou, M., Walker, I.R., Tinner, W. and Hu, F.S. 2010. Six millennia of summer temperature variation based on midge analysis of lake sediments from Alaska

l1_mooselake2.gif

Alas, I don't have much time to go across your whole fraudulent map, but over the next few days, I will post studies done in South America, Africa, Europe, Asia and Australia which contradict the claims your heroes made.

Further, I have provided you with modern regional temperature records of a great deal of the present world and it is clear that the present so called global warming isn't global in nature. Some warming in a few places, some cooling in others and little happening in others...the only place global warming is present today is in the highly manipulated, homogenized, infilled global record produced by your heroes.

Alas, I don't have much time to go across your whole fraudulent map, but over the next few days, I will post studies done in South America, Africa, Europe, Asia and Australia which contradict the claims your heroes made.

If you weren't a cherrypicking fraud and very proud of it, you wouldn't try such dishonest cherrypicking. You'd look at global averages over the whole era.

However, I understand. Such blatant cherrypicking fraud is all you have, so you're going to use it. Your masters have told you to push the lie, and you won't let your masters down.

and yet the water vapor is DECREASING not increasing... You ignorant fool..

Oooh, an unsourced mystery graph! That settles it! Oh wait, it doesn't. It demonstrates nothing.

Honest people show sources. Like this. The science disagrees with your claim.

http://www.pnas.org/content/111/32/11636
---
Although satellite observations have revealed a moistening trend in the upper troposphere, it has been unclear whether the observed moistening is a facet of natural variability or a direct result of human activities
---

The increased water vapor isn't debatable. Only the cause is, and that paper pins the cause on humans.

If you weren't a cherrypicking fraud and very proud of it, you wouldn't try such dishonest cherrypicking. You'd look at global averages over the whole era.

However, I understand. Such blatant cherrypicking fraud is all you have, so you're going to use it. Your masters have told you to push the lie, and you won't let your masters down.

Sorry hairball, but alas, it is you who is cherry picking...only accepting the only source that indicates that the warming is global...the highly manipulated, homogenized, infilled global average...when you look at regions, very few are showing anything like significant warming and there aren't enough to even begin to suggest global anything...there is some regional warming, some regional cooling and a whole lot of regional nothing much happing...but do you accept that?...no you pick the fattest cherry on the tree...the one that doesn't represent anything real, but instead represents manipulation, homoginazation, and infilling designed to give the impression of global warming.

Sorry hairball, but alas, it is you who is cherry picking...only accepting the only source that indicates that the warming is global...the highly manipulated, homogenized, infilled global average...when you look at regions, very few are showing anything like significant warming and there aren't enough to even begin to suggest global anything...there is some regional warming, some regional cooling and a whole lot of regional nothing much happing...but do you accept that?...no you pick the fattest cherry on the tree...the one that doesn't represent anything real, but instead represents manipulation, homoginazation, and infilling designed to give the impression of global warming.

Polly, you're just a butthurt broken record these days.

You insult us with your laziness. You're just phoning it in, repeating your old fraud over and over. A creative cultist would be working hard dreaming up new fraud. Remember, new fraud techniques would earn you major brownie points with your cult masters, so it's in your interest to dream them up.

Me Despise Global Warming. When ride horse on Prairie my neck turn purple.

Two Questions (they never answer):

What is the optimum Global Temp (per Longitude)?
Did that optimum temp occur in 1956? 1700? 102?

How did 5 Ice Ages come and go?

Last edited:
A temperature that does not change so quickly that we cannot adjust to it.

Milankovic Cycles.

Anything else on your mind? Any questions above 6th grade level?

Polly, you're just a butthurt broken record these days.

Projecting again hairball? Trying to assign your condition on others? There is some really weird psychology at work in people who typically do that.

You insult us with your laziness. You're just phoning it in, repeating your old fraud over and over.

Again...nothing but projection...trying to accuse me of the very behavior you are engaged in.

A creative cultist would be working hard dreaming up new fraud.

Funny you should mention that...just on the other thread you dredged up that old fakery of a thermal camera being able to see and record backradiation...even after I have given you multiple references to credible and respected sources on thermal sensing that state explicitly that such is not the case. You are right, a creative cultist would not be dredging up already debunked claims, but you just keep on doing the same thing over and over expecting a different result...there is a name for such behavior you know.

Remember, new fraud techniques would earn you major brownie points with your cult masters, so it's in your interest to dream them up.

Perhaps you should go look for some new material for us skeptics to shoot down. It would make you more interesting than you are at present. And seek help concerning your tendency to project...it is a literal cry for help...are you to stupid to hear your own public cries for help?

Milankovic Cycles.

Let me guess rocks...you actually believe those answers...you actually believe that all possibilities have been eliminated and only those two answers remain...hell I bet you believe that we are even aware of all of the possibilities...

Are you really that stupid or is it just a requirement of your cult?

Go peddle you smart photons. You have proven yourself unworthy of the time it takes to point out the nonsense in your posts.

Didn't expect any sort of a real answer from you rocks...never do. Guess you realize how stupid you sound claiming that we know all the variables that effect climate...how they effect the climate and how they interact with each other...

At least you aren't trying to defend such a stupid claim...

Didn't expect any sort of a real answer from you rocks...never do. Guess you realize how stupid you sound claiming that we know all the variables that effect climate...how they effect the climate and how they interact with each other...

Give the idiot a minuet.. he will find something really stupid to say.. He even thinks the models that failed empirical verification miserably are right..

Give the idiot a minuet.. he will find something really stupid to say.. He even thinks the models that failed empirical verification miserably are right..

Must suck to be so emotionally vested in the wrong side of an argument. Certainly explains the ever-present anger.

Milankovic Cycles.

Let me guess rocks...you actually believe those answers...you actually believe that all possibilities have been eliminated and only those two answers remain...hell I bet you believe that we are even aware of all of the possibilities...

Are you really that stupid or is it just a requirement of your cult?
He really is that stupid.

It is a common trait of worshipers of the Church of Warmers...really a cult, that seems to attract the ridiculously ignorant and easily duped.

Rough year for the lying Democrats, from the sex scandals to global warming. It is all falling apart. Greenland did not lose any ice this year. Now we are heading into the coldest winter forecast in the last 50 years.

Rough year for the lying Democrats, from the sex scandals to global warming. It is all falling apart. Greenland did not lose any ice this year. Now we are heading into the coldest winter forecast in the last 50 years.

Haven't you heard?...global warming makes if f'ing cold...and if it gets to cold for to long, then it's just weather....caused by global warming by the way. The unfalsifiable hypotheses strikes again.

Forum List

Back