Green Cars? The Joke's On You!

Green cars are the future, they make sense. Especially solar powered cars. What could be better? :dunno:

Fueling???
Recharging???
Here's some news:
1. An electric car requires an array of battery cells, almost 500 pounds worth. http://www.whitehouse.gov/files/documents/Battery-and-Electric-Vehicle-Report-FINAL.pdf
a. GM’s EV1 NiMH (nickel metal hydride) weighed in at 1,150-1,400 pounds. Nickel Metal Hydride | GREENDUMP and Berezow, Op.Cit., p. 99.
b. The Chevy Volt has a lithium-ion battery that weights in at 435 pounds. GM press release: CHEVROLET VOLT’S REVOLUTIONARY VOLTEC ELECTRIC DRIVE SYSTEM DELIVERS EFFICIENCY WITH PERFORMANCE
2. The batteries are expensive, listed at $3,000-$4,000. Prius hybrid owners have been quoted at $7,000 and up. Behind the Hidden Costs of Hybrids - HybridCars.com
a. It is unclear what replacement cost will be when labor is included.
3. Since the battery’s ability to recharge declines with use, it must be replaced at about 100,000 miles. And the nickel metal hydride leaks energy- about 20 percent of capacity within the first 24 hours.
http://batteryuniversity.com/learn/article/Nickel_based_batteriesbnn
4. The batteries pose a dramatic detrimental effect on the environment due to polytetrafluoroethylene binder and nickel foam materials. Life cycle environmental assessme... preview & related info | Mendeley
5. Basically, electric vehicles are dragging a lot of extra weight made of toxic materials in order to use stored energy that combustion vehicles can simply generate on the go. Berezow, Op. Cit., p.66.
"And the EV's are not only here to stay, but they will give the homeowner the independence of fueling his own vehicle with solar."

Really?
How's yours workin' out?
What???
You didn't get one???
I get it...waitin' for the other simpletons to get 'em.....
Better not buy a used one: replacing those batteries is a bankruptcy waiting to happen.....
But...."the homeowner the independence of fueling his own vehicle with solar."
Sure.
Polchic, you sure are a dumbass and aren't afraid to show it. Sure electric cars aren't perfect these days, but the research... is going in the right direction. Sooner or later on this planet, we'll run out of fossil fuels and will need other ways to get around. Electric vehicles, possibly recharged by the sun in the future, are an excellent goal for ceasing to use oil. Sure, electricity is made with fossil fuels in a lot of places, but a lot of places have hydro-electricity already, and the prospect of refuelling your car with solar power is very cool.

PS do you think that maybe if you got laid properly that you wouldn't be so ornery all the time?

The dumbass is you moron. EV's have the same range now that they had 100 years ago. You call that progress?:cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo:

Oh boy, here we go again. OK, dumb fuck, give me the name of the EV in 1913 that had a range of over 200 miles? That could do 0 to 60 in under 6 seconds, and had a top end of over 120 mph.

Model S Features | Tesla Motors

You know that I hold your view is high esteem....

...I'm so crushed I may have to go right to my room and lie down.

You, my friend, are exactly what one should expect when the school system simply pats Johnny on the head and mutters 'great job,' no matter how inane the comment.
We produce little Wry Catcher's who never learned to respect their betters.

"respect their betters"? Time to rule out 301.81, i.e. "those who have a lifelong pattern of grandiosity - in behavior and fantasy - and thirst for admiration....".

Now I know what kind of term papers you are writing.
You are way out of your depth discussing electric cars or anything else that is in the realm of real science.
The average 100 horsepower 4 stroke gas engine consumes ~ 0.3 ccm fuel to get the engine to 1000 rpm when a modern fuel injected ECM controlled 4 passenger car was at a dead stop
Do you have what it takes to tell me what the power surge integral is to do the same thing with a 20 hp electric motor ?
Do you know how often you can afford to do that per 100 amp hour battery capacity without dropping the voltage below normal operating voltage?
No?
I thought not...so why are you even posting anything in this thread

Hell, I would have a hard time with that problem...but then I'm a scientist and not a engineer! Huge difference. Scientists come up with the ideas and the engineers let them know when the ideas are stupid!

Polchic, you sure are a dumbass and aren't afraid to show it. Sure electric cars aren't perfect these days, but the research... is going in the right direction. Sooner or later on this planet, we'll run out of fossil fuels and will need other ways to get around. Electric vehicles, possibly recharged by the sun in the future, are an excellent goal for ceasing to use oil. Sure, electricity is made with fossil fuels in a lot of places, but a lot of places have hydro-electricity already, and the prospect of refuelling your car with solar power is very cool.

PS do you think that maybe if you got laid properly that you wouldn't be so ornery all the time?

The dumbass is you moron. EV's have the same range now that they had 100 years ago. You call that progress?:cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo:

Oh boy, here we go again. OK, dumb fuck, give me the name of the EV in 1913 that had a range of over 200 miles? That could do 0 to 60 in under 6 seconds, and had a top end of over 120 mph.

Model S Features | Tesla Motors

Why there was none olfraud. Of course they didn't have a drive train (electric or ICE) that could support those speeds either...now did they...nor a road capable of supporting those speeds either come to think of it.

Now I know what kind of term papers you are writing.
You are way out of your depth discussing electric cars or anything else that is in the realm of real science.

I'm sorry your reading comprehension is so poor. Nowhere did I mention anything related to the discussion on electric cars, I simply pointed out the error of irrelevance in PC's OP. In fact you know nothing of the papers I wrote at the University or anything about me beyond my aversion to political hacks and self righteous bigots.

(Pssstttt....Wassamatta U isn't really a 'university'...it's a bar and grill)

CAL as in the University of California, Berkeley. The bar and grill of choice was the Bear Lair back in the day.

Last edited:
I'm sorry your reading comprehension is so poor. Nowhere did I mention anything related to the discussion on electric cars, I simply pointed out the error of irrelevance in PC's OP. In fact you know nothing of the papers I wrote at the University or anything about me beyond my aversion to political hacks and self righteous bigots.

(Pssstttt....Wassamatta U isn't really a 'university'...it's a bar and grill)

CAL as in the University of California, Berkeley. The bar and grill of choice was the Bear Lair back in the day.

That must have been in 1868, when it was the Agricultural, Mining, and Mechanical Arts College....right?
And you paid your tuition in beaver pelts?

Green cars are the future, they make sense. Especially solar powered cars. What could be better? :dunno:

They make sense? I'm curious how solar powered cars are going to do in places that don't see the Sun for weeks at a time during the winter... Not too well, I'd suspect.

They make sense? I'm curious how solar powered cars are going to do in places that don't see the Sun for weeks at a time during the winter... Not too well, I'd suspect.

Solar powered cars.......:rock:

Just when you think you've seen everything on these forums, a new k00k emerges to give us all a good laugh!!!

BBC News - Hungary uses tanks to reach snowbound motorists

Hungary uses tanks to reach snowbound motorists

T-72 battle tanks trundled along icy roads, while thousands of people waited in cars on the M1 motorway from Budapest to Vienna.
Many had been stuck on the road since Thursday evening.
On Friday afternoon, the interior ministry sent text messages to all mobile phone subscribers, telling people to stay in their cars as long as their fuel lasted, then move to other vehicles to stay warm.

The message should have ended with..if you are in an electric car then you are fucked

Just when you think you've seen everything on these forums, a new k00k emerges to give us all a good laugh!!!

In the near future, cars' bodies will be made of a solar gathering material. They already have started making house shingles like that as well. Sure, maybe some forms of hybrids might be needed for long haulers, and for people who live in shit countries, but just imagine if half the people driving today didn't need gas, what's that going to do to the price of gas? Need a hint? :D

In the near future, cars' bodies will be made of a solar gathering material. They already have started making house shingles like that as well. Sure, maybe some forms of hybrids might be needed for long haulers, and for people who live in shit countries, but just imagine if half the people driving today didn't need gas, what's that going to do to the price of gas? Need a hint? :D

s0n.......took this pic in my backyard this AM........

Unicorn-fantasy-32109428-1440-810.jpg

s0n.......took this pic in my backyard this AM........
Which means you believe in unicorns? :dunno:

Really?
Which company is researching that?
Mercedes Benz?
image-466377-galleryV9-robp.jpg

image-466386-galleryV9-ergv.jpg

image-466367-galleryV9-bwrr.jpg
image-466369-galleryV9-xxeg.jpg

image-466374-galleryV9-dbgj.jpg

image-466379-galleryV9-wlav.jpg

Or the Merceds Daimler aerospace division that makes the airbus, the Ariane 5 rockets and satellites ?
ariane.jpg

Or are the Lockheed skunk works
tumblr_lhxkdgAKIo1qglngho1_500.jpg

working on drones which can easily fly above overcast in constant sunlight with a "body made of solar gathering material"..?
images

Or is it some nut-case in a garage that got a government grant from Obama?
12-the-worlds-first-solar-powered-car.jpg

Have you got any idea how many square meters of solar panels it takes to power up just a 5 horsepower moped motor?
That`s 5 * 745 = 3725 watts CONTINUOS power.
At 1000 watt per square meter solar radiation a 1 square foot solar panel yields only 8 to 10 watts !
Solar Power Returns|Solar Calculations| benefits from installing solar panels
On average (as a general "rule of thumb") modern (PV) solar panels will produce 8 - 10 watts per square foot of solar panel area.
I assume you don`t want to get out and push when you get to a hill with your car made from"solar gathering material".
So you need at least 40 hp for a 2 passenger sub-compact car. That`s 3725 square feet, 57 by 57 feet of Interstate highway space your "solar gathering material car" would need.
Should a cloud appear or a semi pulling a trailer pass you and shade you from the sun then you are down to Fred Flintsone power.
If you make it 6 feet wide so it only hogs one lane it would have to be 620 feet long.Where would you park it when you get to town?
images

For some strange reason it`s always people who have no technical or engineering background whatsoever, the typical sunny California surfboard beach types, that come up with this kind of lunacy after they are done smoking a joint.
We can`t even make "solar recharge stations" the size of a football field work to recharge a couple of EV`s in 8 hours for 2 hours worth of driving time...
According to you we should forget about that and just make cars out of "solar gathering material"

Sure, maybe some forms of hybrids might be needed for long haulers, and for people who live in shit countries, but just imagine if half the people driving today didn't need gas, what's that going to do to the price of gas? Need a hint? :D
1.) actually the countries that have the most sunshine are the "shit countries"..
Why don`t you do the rest of us a favor, move to a country in Africa or South America and vote there...go to Cuba and vote there instead of staying here voting for Obama.
2.) Nobody is buying coal any more for residential heating either.
When was the last time you checked how much you would have to pay for 1 ton of coal f.o.b. to your front door?
Per btu heating oil is only about 1/2 what coal would cost you!...because the delivery infrastructure does not exist any more.
And the same thing would happen to gasoline. As if there would still be a gas station every few miles if hardly anyone would not need it anymore.
But wait how much more hydro electric bills would inflate if most people would drive electric cars.
A 40 hp electric car will consume as much electricity as an entire lane of houses on a city block every time he has to stop and go...like every few seconds during normal rush hour traffic.
What makes you think that the cost to build the extra power lines and power plants will not be passed on to the consumer ?
I`l like to see you dig out your 3725 square foot car made from "solar gathering material" on the A1 between Vienna and Budapest so that you got power to stay warm:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-21806043

T-72 battle tanks trundled along icy roads, while thousands of people waited in cars on the M1 motorway from Budapest to Vienna.
Many had been stuck on the road since Thursday evening.
On Friday afternoon, the interior ministry sent text messages to all mobile phone subscribers, telling people to stay in their cars as long as their fuel lasted, then move to other vehicles to stay warm.
Meteorological agencies had predicted the cold weather but the sheer number of people trapped in the snow appears to have overwhelmed disaster management services,
You must be under a rock in some sort of information hole.
Here is the latest EV technology that would solve the 8 hour charging problem while an EV is out on the road:
http://www.spiegel.de/auto/aktuell/better-place-schneller-akkutausch-in-fuenf-minuten-a-883105.html
http://www.spiegel.de/video/tankstelle-fuer-elektroautos-in-amsterdam-video-1240874.html
It`s a fully robotic station that positions an EV then removes the battery and replaces it with a freshly charged one inside 5 minutes.
The problem is that the service will cost you in American terms almost 50 cents per mile and limits you to ~ 6000 miles per year.
So don`t hold your breath till:
just imagine if half the people driving today didn't need gas, what's that going to do to the price of gas? Need a hint? :D

Last edited:
Mercedes-Benz made a lot of stuff for the nazis, is that why you like them?

You can be stuck in the past if you want. I never said that cars would work exclusively on their own solar gathering power, you made that up, but it'll sure help to have the car made out of solar gathering material, so it'll lose its charge slower and recharge faster when it's plugged in. We're a 2 car family, and I don't use my car all that much, so if it just sits there for 4 or 5 days in the sun, it'll always be fully charged without having to leave it plugged in. Man, you're a fucking Fred Flinstone, stuck in the dark ages.

You can be stuck in the past if you want. I never said that cars would work exclusively on their own solar gathering power, you made that up, but it'll sure help to have the car made out of solar gathering material, so it'll lose its charge slower and recharge faster when it's plugged in. We're a 2 car family, and I don't use my car all that much, so if it just sits there for 4 or 5 days in the sun, it'll always be fully charged without having to leave it plugged in. Man, you're a fucking Fred Flinstone, stuck in the dark ages.

Typical dimwit MSNBC response. I showed you what Daimler Benz is working on and that made me a Nazi "living in the past" because neither Mercedes or any other company is making your hair-brained car out of "solar gathering material".
Neither is Ford...and I drive a Ford ( F-150) , ...or any other car maker in the world.
So how does that make me a Nazi?...Because I was born in Germany ?
it just sits there for 4 or 5 days in the sun, it'll always be fully charged without having to leave it plugged in. Man, you're a fucking Fred Flinstone, stuck in the dark ages
If my car just sits in the driveway the fuel tank stays full as well.
And you don`t seem to know that it was a Fred Flintstone Nazi (W.v.Braun head of NASA ) that designed the rockets that landed man on the moon.
And this Fred Flintstone, your`s truly has written and registered several (pharmaceutical) Chem patents. 2 of those have been assigned to the U.S. military.
What have you accomplished so far?

Last edited:

Typical dimwit MSNBC response. I showed you what Daimler Benz is working on and that made me a Nazi "living in the past" because neither Mercedes or any other company is making your hair-brained car out of "solar gathering material".
Neither is Ford...and I drive a Ford ( F-150) , ...or any other car maker in the world.

University research teams are working on the solar gathering material, it'll happen, and guess what, you can still be stuck in the past if you want to, no problem. Are all Canadians afraid of progress? Or is it just you? :lol:

Btw, your Prime Minister wears a wig and he thinks no one can tell. :D

University research teams are working on the solar gathering material, it'll happen, and guess what, you can still be stuck in the past if you want to, no problem. Are all Canadians afraid of progress? Or is it just you? :lol:

University research teams also "research" "psyochokinesis" and if plants have feelings .
It`s obvious that you don`t have any academic schooling. University "research" is a playground. You can research whatever you choose and you don`t have
to produce any useful results. That`s why so many want to stay there instead of leaving their nest.
Once out...in the industry they won`t last long unless they produce something useful.
I have..have you ?
Are all Canadians afraid of progress? Or is it just you?
You are indeed a cement head. I already told you that I am German.
I got 3 passports and can live wherever I want to in the E.U., the U.S. and in Canada.
Why would I want to live next door to a nanny state moron like you?
You would phone 911 if my grand children light a fire to roast some hot dogs. Where I live I could drill for oil if I wanted to.
I get 3 pension checks each month from 3 countries and chose to live where I pay the lowest taxes.
In addition to that where I live I`ll never get a hydro bill. It`s taken care of with royalties coming in from the Nelson River hydro-electric system which also supplies power for your shower. But you are overdue for a cold shower !
Where I chose to live we are also exempt from fuel taxes...matter of fact we`ll soon get oil & gas pipeline royalties in the near future.
Eat your heart out !

Last edited:
Anything that aids in getting away from centralized power is good. Government power, oil company power, electrical power and, above all, psychic and psychological power.

Getting people to genuinely think for themselves will probably 'cure' most problems.

Solar power is enormously abundant. At any moment, the sun supplies 1,340 times more energy than humans are using. With that much available, can it be that we will never find a way to use it more?

Our wants today are bloated and all out of proportion to anything 'necessary'. When we all decide that progress may be in a different direction than that we are headed today, we will have more choice, more freedom and a great deal more happiness.

University research teams also "research" "psyochokinesis" and if plants have feelings .
It`s obvious that you don`t have any academic schooling. University "research" is a playground. You can research whatever you choose and you don`t have
to produce any useful results. That`s why so many want to stay there instead of leaving their nest.
Once out...in the industry they won`t last long unless they produce something useful.
I have..have you ?
Are all Canadians afraid of progress? Or is it just you?
You are indeed a cement head. I already told you that I am German.
I got 3 passports and can live wherever I want to in the E.U., the U.S. and in Canada.
Why would I want to live next door to a nanny state moron like you?
You would phone 911 if my grand children light a fire to roast some hot dogs. Where I live I could drill for oil if I wanted to.
I get 3 pension checks each month from 3 countries and chose to live where I pay the lowest taxes.
In addition to that where I live I`ll never get a hydro bill. It`s taken care of with royalties coming in from the Nelson River hydro-electric system which also supplies power for your shower. But you are overdue for a cold shower !
Where I chose to live we are also exempt from fuel taxes...matter of fact we`ll soon get oil & gas pipeline royalties in the near future.
Eat your heart out !
You live in Manitoba? :lol: Probably in Loserpeg. :lol:

Out of Europe the US and Canada you chose to live in a piece of crap province. :clap2: You're probably a follower of Ernst Zundel. :lol:
Hurry up and die already, we're trying to make humanity smarter. :lol:

Forum List

Back