Greatest Kentucky Derby of all Time?

Actually the greatest win was in 1913 by a horse named Donerail who still holds the record for the biggest upset. Odds were 91 to 1

I wish they didn't drug the horses....so they run faster

It makes me so sad....many died after ....have some compassion for these animals...

that's all, my opinion.:(

The only flaw in the broadcast of the race was the track announcer calling the race did not mention Rich Strike until he was near the top two horses near the end of the race. Rich Strike made an incredible push from near the back third of horses or so.

It was a great race....the top two horses broke out after having positioned themselves well and then the biggest surprise of all on the inside to take the race.
The jockey was just patience and waited for an opening in front of him. Then, that last juke to the right to get around the horse was awesome. And, the kick at the end.

The jockey was just patience and waited for an opening in front of him. Then, that last juke to the right to get around the horse was awesome. And, the kick at the end.
Yep and the top 2 horses werent just limping along either they were moving.

Secretariat is the greatest Kentucky Derby. And the 3 other major races that year. He won them all by a long shot. I don't even know another horses name.
Ya, but this was the most entertaining Derby. the longest shot 80-1 to win coming from stone cold last place. The other horses with Secretariat were not good race horses.

Ya, but this was the most entertaining Derby. the longest shot 80-1 to win coming from stone cold last place. The other horses with Secretariat were not good race horses.
Well I think Sham was formidable but I still loved this Derby.

Forum List

Back