great throws from outfield

OldLady

Diamond Member
Reaction score
So the Crabs aren't going to play at all this year?

Angelo

Gold Member
Reaction score
I miss baseball, like the desert misses the rain

My first boyhood hero in baseball was Roberto Clemente, and he was a great all-around player until his tragic death, but he could one -hop a base runner out at home plate from the right field warning track- I've seen him do it. I was a big Pirates fan.

iceberg

Gold Member
Reaction score

not even in the same "ballpark" really - but LONG ago in an age i can barely remember, i was catcher for our work softball team. a guy came ripping around 3rd heading home and the outfielder let it rip also. i still remember the amazing CURVE it took to get to me and i swear to god it landed almost as if guided into my glove. all i had to do was let the other guy finish running into me.

it was the most amazing throw i'd ever seen live.

Marion Morrison

Diamond Member
Reaction score

My first boyhood hero in baseball was Roberto Clemente, and he was a great all-around player until his tragic death, but he could one -hop a base runner out at home plate from the right field warning track- I've seen him do it. I was a big Pirates fan.
He was a notorious thief, me a couple other dudes were like that.

Angelo

Gold Member
Reaction score
One -hopper to the plate from the track in right field.
Not a close play - that's respect from the base runner rounding third ( or the 3rd base coach)

Harry Dresden

Adamantium Member
Reaction score

yep i seen him throw a runner out at home from the track a couple of times on tv games....

MarathonMike

Diamond Member
Reaction score
This is my favorite all time throw. Bo Jackson throws out Harold Reynolds from the WARNING TRACK to home on the fly.
Great throw. A split -second of hesitation and it would've been late- just
a perfect play.
Yes, that and the sheer power of the throw. He took it off the wall, one step and whoosh! Unbelievable.

Most reactions - Past 7 days

Forum List