Great Quotes by Richard Dawkins - Staunch Opponent of Intelligent Design Theory

Seymour Flops

Diamond Member
Nov 25, 2021
Texas
"Biology is the study of complicated things that give the appearance of having been designed for a purpose.”

{Richard Dawkins, The Blind Watchmaker, 1996, p. 1}

Noted biological researcher, our own abu afak disagrees, however:

1644024698169.png

Take that, Richard Dawkins! Dr. Afak has put you in your place!

"Biology is the study of complicated things that give the appearance of having been designed for a purpose.”

{Richard Dawkins, The Blind Watchmaker, 1996, p. 1}

Noted biological researcher, our own abu afak disagrees, however:

View attachment 597150

Take that, Richard Dawkins! Dr. Afak has put you in your place!
He put himself in place calling it an "Illusion."

and WTF, Dawkins mis-speak is clearly not only your best, but ONLY 'evidence' of "design."
Unbelievably weak and nonsensical.
What 'debate.'

Evolution has VOLUMES across the sciences AND Scientists.
Pobably 98 percent of Biologists.
But you need a Dawkins mis-speak.

`

PS: the OCD troll 'ding' is on ignore due to endless Stalking and gratuitous harassment of my threads/posts in Environment with repeat/already answered One-Line baits. Recently following me down here to the Sci section where he doesn't post, just to do the same. ie,
Look at his 6, 7, 8. (now 26, 36, 46? and counting) vengeful out of control/one-line/No content snippets. Obsessed Mad Dog even taking third party swipes as well as his usual nonsense one-line 'replies.

Last edited:
How does Dawkins "know" that?

Dawkins believes his dearly held biases and prejudices constitute knowledge.

Isn't he ironically worshiped by some people?, I don't see why.

If we examine the physical laws we discover that we live in a logical universe governed by rules, laws and information. Rules laws and information are a signs of intelligence. Intentionality and purpose are signs of intelligence. The definition of reason is a cause, explanation, or justification for an action or event. The definition of purpose is the reason for which something is done or created or for which something exists. The consequence of a logical universe is that every cause has an effect. Which means that everything happens for a reason and serves a purpose. The very nature of our physical laws point to reason and purpose.

as you know/I busted as of Yesterday.

and WTF, Dawkins mis-speak is clearly not only your best, but ONLY 'evidence' of "design??"
What 'debate.'
IQ 62?

But you need a Dawkins mis-speak?

Clown.

`

How does Dawkins "know" that?

Dawkins believes his dearly held biases and prejudices constitute knowledge.

Isn't he ironically worshiped by some people?, I don't see why.
It's because of his writing style. It's hard to describe it.

Dawkins, like many writers who appeal to the keyboard warriors of the world, writes in a style that provides almost no actual information, but is heavy on ridicule for anyone who might consider disagreeing with his opinions. The idea is to make the reader feel that they are in on the ridicule, not on the receiving end.

The key is to make the readers believe that they must always agree with Dawkins in order to avoid themselves becoming targets of the ridicule. This induces the credulity so important to a low-information content provider.

Dawkins is at his best when he is writing books that he knows will be hailed as genius for ridiculing religion. I have to think he has learned to avoid interviews with skeptics since Ben Stein reduced him to babbling about ancient aliens "seeding" life on Earth as a legitimate scientific theory.

Not that Dawkins would deign to respond to my comment but I welcome his response.

My long time open challenge to atheists is give a better explanation for this universe we all inhabit
than this entity we call "God"... as silly as you think God is.

The usual response is well, I don't know, but I do know God is a total fabrication.
That's cowardly cop out and no answer at all.

Not that Dawkins would deign to respond to my comment but I welcome his response.

My long time open challenge to atheists is give a better explanation for this universe we all inhabit
than this entity we call "God"... as silly as you think God is.

The usual response is well, I don't know, but I do know God is a total fabrication.
That's cowardly cop out.
The better explanation is the natural world.

Your gods are not an explanation for anything. ''the gods did it'' answers what?

It's because of his writing style. It's hard to describe it.

Dawkins, like many writers who appeal to the keyboard warriors of the world, writes in a style that provides almost no actual information, but is heavy on ridicule for anyone who might consider disagreeing with his opinions. The idea is to make the reader feel that they are in on the ridicule, not on the receiving end.

The key is to make the readers believe that they must always agree with Dawkins in order to avoid themselves becoming targets of the ridicule. This induces the credulity so important to a low-information content provider.

Dawkins is at his best when he is writing books that he knows will be hailed as genius for ridiculing religion. I have to think he has learned to avoid interviews with skeptics since Ben Stein reduced him to babbling about ancient aliens "seeding" life on Earth as a legitimate scientific theory.

as you know/I busted as of Yesterday.
Yet you continue to not only use it but it's your whole pathetic 'evidence.'

and WTF, Dawkins mis-speak is clearly your best 'evidence' of "design??"
What 'debate?'

But you need to repeat a Dawkins mis-speak more than a dozen times?

`

Last edited:
The better explanation is the natural world.

Your gods are not an explanation for anything. ''the gods did it'' answers what?
I'm not going down this rabbit hole but the "natural world" is just another way of saying God,
an all powerful being who is responsible for the laws that govern the universe, without actually
admitting to God for whatever personal reasons you may have not to.

Brilliant minds like Newton and Einstein admit as much.

I don't believe in Gods, plural and God is actually a very good explanation for the whole of our universe.
God is actually the only explanation that makes any "sense" at all and I would be embarrassed to say
otherwise.
As silly as God is as an explanation no God at all is even more silly. And dishonest.

If we examine the physical laws we discover that we live in a logical universe governed by rules, laws and information. Rules laws and information are a signs of intelligence. Intentionality and purpose are signs of intelligence. The definition of reason is a cause, explanation, or justification for an action or event. The definition of purpose is the reason for which something is done or created or for which something exists. The consequence of a logical universe is that every cause has an effect. Which means that everything happens for a reason and serves a purpose. The very nature of our physical laws point to reason and purpose.
Far better said than I could put into words.

Personally not a religious person or believer in the biblical God, but can accept a higher intelligence outside our awareness as having a hand in the laws that govern our Universe.

An accidental existence seems like so much work and evolutionary coincidence for it all to be completely pointless.

Forum List

Back