Great News - Liverpool Dockers win record breaking payrise

Between 14 and 18%.

There are a whole host of people voting to strike in the UK. I support every fucking one of them.

We need less billionaires and more well paid workers.

As long as you don't whine about paying a lot higher prices for everything in the UK, so these fellows can get a huge raise- that's fine with me.

Because if you have a problem with it, the dockers will be sitting at home on the dole and you'll be paying higher taxes to support them in their state of unemployment.

As long as you don't whine about paying a lot higher prices for everything in the UK, so these fellows can get a huge raise- that's fine with me.

Because if you have a problem with it, the dockers will be sitting at home on the dole and you'll be paying higher taxes to support them in their state of unemployment.
Why do you focus on the dockers and not the billionaire owners ?

tenor.gif

Why do you focus on the dockers and not the billionaire owners ?

I'm not "focusing " on anyone.

Just observing what the result of the current news is going to be.

And that is higher prices and higher taxes for the British.

And also, lower wages for some Brits as well. Big exporting companies in the UK like Johnie Walker and Tanqueray are going to have to lower costs somewhere to maintain their price points, and that will be with the pay of those in the distilleries. Otherwise they will lose market share to American booze manufacturers.

I'm not "focusing " on anyone.

Just observing what the result of the current news is going to be.

And that is higher prices and higher taxes for the British.

And also, lower wages for some Brits as well. Big exporting companies in the UK like Johnie Walker and Tanqueray are going to have to lower costs somewhere to maintain their price points, and that will be with the pay of those in the distilleries. Otherwise they will lose market share to American booze manufacturers.
You make several assumptions based on right wing dogma and not on facts. The port is a wealthy organisation and is well able to absorb the extra cost. The shareholders will have to bear the burden and make a bit less profit.
Its all about rebalancing our society. Something I suspect that you have little stomach for.

Forum List

Back