Great Korean Youtube Channel...

It would take me an half hour alone to do all the chopping.
You have to have a good knife and a few years experience with it.
I can dice a onion from skin on to a pile of finely chopped in 15 seconds if I wanted to. And that is not even that fast.
I can slice a carrot in even 1/8" coins in probably 10 seconds.

Not bragging, just saying.
The best tool in a kitchen, no matter what appliances you have, is a high quality knife. Makes everything soooo much easier.

You have to have a good knife and a few years experience with it.
I can dice a onion from skin on to a pile of finely chopped in 15 seconds if I wanted to. And that is not even that fast.
I can slice a carrot in even 1/8" coins in probably 10 seconds.

Not bragging, just saying.
The best tool in a kitchen, no matter what appliances you have, is a high quality knife. Makes everything soooo much easier.
I don't doubt it.

Everyone has different skill sets in life, for sure.

I just uh. . . let's just say, because of circumstances, haven't been in the position to do that much cooking, and thus, never wanted to invest in a set of Shun or Wüsthof blades. It takes time and practice to get that skilled doing prep work. But yeah, I agree with you, definitely. I chop much quicker when I am over at mom's house in her big kitchen with super sharp, forged knives. . . . but, with my disability, even then, if I tried to go fast? Yikes, I'd lose a figure with those knives. lol

It takes me quite a bit longer to cook in my shoe-box, with my sketchy cooking gear. :p

I didn't just wake up one day, and start typing sixty words per minute. That isn't a skill everyone has either. So, it varies.

I understand. We are talking, law of averages, and bell curve here. IMO, I don't think that the video starts with the assumption that the majority of folks can do an onion in a quarter minute.

you? :dunno:

I don't doubt it.

Everyone has different skill sets in life, for sure.

I just uh. . . let's just say, because of circumstances, haven't been in the position to do that much cooking, and thus, never wanted to invest in a set of Shun or Wüsthof blades. It takes time and practice to get that skilled doing prep work. But yeah, I agree with you, definitely. I chop much quicker when I am over at mom's house in her big kitchen with super sharp, forged knives. . . . but, with my disability, even then, if I tried to go fast? Yikes, I'd lose a figure with those knives. lol

It takes me quite a bit longer to cook in my shoe-box, with my sketchy cooking gear. :p

I didn't just wake up one day, and start typing sixty words per minute. That isn't a skill everyone has either. So, it varies.

I understand. We are talking, law of averages, and bell curve here. IMO, I don't think that the video starts with the assumption that the majority of folks can do an onion in a quarter minute.

you? :dunno:
I didn't get that fast overnight. It took a long time.

Claire takes the biggest bites. 😳

He starts the video saying, "what? . . it takes you that long to cook? Stick with me, it will only take you fifteen minutes."

For this recipe, you will need cooked rice.

:auiqs.jpg:

Sure, everyone has that laying around their kitchen.

This guy cracks me up.

Forum List

Back