graphic and heart breaking

This is what gets me........................Half the country of Syria has fled Northern Syria..........living in refugee camps around the region..........Massive ones in Jordan.
With this many fleeing and the estimated strength of ISIS at 100,000..................why are they all RUNNING.............ISIS is mainly armed with small arms.............they could never defeat a few million men with small arms that decided to turn around and fight.................

Even if they all didn't have guns...............they could on stand by if another falls to pick up the weapon and fight...................

I don't see how such a small force, in this day and time, can take a region like this...........militarily they are insignificant to the western powers as well...........Should Europe or Arab states decide to send in forces to deal with it............ISIS couldn't hold jack squat........They could only do as they did to us with IED's and booby traps.

I don't know. The whole situation is messed up. I imagine when you are an oppressed person to begin with that it doesn't take a whole lot to get you to submit with some inhumane actions, like we see from ISIS. As for the regimes in the ME that seem to be sitting around and doing nothing to stop the carnage? I don't know what is going on there.

Why is no one acting against ISIS?

The biggest question now, therefore, is: why is no one, either regionally or internationally, moving to do that? Is everyone – or anyone, for that matter – content with the growing power of ISIS? Do governments really believe there is nothing to be done? Don't they understand that they could be next, in one way or another? Perhaps even more mysterious than the genesis and support-base of ISIS is the lackadaisical response to it. It's as if no one is really all that bothered by it in practice, no matter what they say. And that might be the scariest thing of all. Will a small but determined and well-organized band of crazed terrorists really be allowed to reshape the Arab world largely unopposed? Because that's exactly what's happening now.

This is what gets me........................Half the country of Syria has fled Northern Syria..........living in refugee camps around the region..........Massive ones in Jordan.
With this many fleeing and the estimated strength of ISIS at 100,000..................why are they all RUNNING.............ISIS is mainly armed with small arms.............they could never defeat a few million men with small arms that decided to turn around and fight.................

Even if they all didn't have guns...............they could on stand by if another falls to pick up the weapon and fight...................

I don't see how such a small force, in this day and time, can take a region like this...........militarily they are insignificant to the western powers as well...........Should Europe or Arab states decide to send in forces to deal with it............ISIS couldn't hold jack squat........They could only do as they did to us with IED's and booby traps.

I don't know. The whole situation is messed up. I imagine when you are an oppressed person to begin with that it doesn't take a whole lot to get you to submit with some inhumane actions, like we see from ISIS. As for the regimes in the ME that seem to be sitting around and doing nothing to stop the carnage? I don't know what is going on there.
More than likely they want ISIS to take down Assad before doing anything...............Turkey wants to kill the kurds..................the power play as I stated earlier...............They don't value human life like we do here.......................

My biggest point with the last comment is why so many men run rather than fight............If anyone tried that shit here we'd have a hunting draw to see who took them out......................It boogles the mind how so few fighters can walk all over them there.............The stand outs in fighting them are the Kurds who are actually taking back ground in the region.

Excerpt from my link in post #242.

So the deepest question is: why isn't anybody doing anything serious about this mind-boggling peril? At present only Kurdish fighters, with some Iraqi government support, are really taking on ISIS on the ground. They don't appear to be receiving much international or regional support. The Arab states purport to be alarmed, but in practice their response to the creation of the ISIS mini-, petro- and terrorist-state in their midst has been a shrug of the shoulders. If that's unfair, it is at least undeniable they haven't mobilized quickly to take action.

More than likely they want ISIS to take down Assad before doing anything...............Turkey wants to kill the kurds..................the power play as I stated earlier...............They don't value human life like we do here.......................

My biggest point with the last comment is why so many men run rather than fight............If anyone tried that shit here we'd have a hunting draw to see who took them out......................It boogles the mind how so few fighters can walk all over them there.............The stand outs in fighting them are the Kurds who are actually taking back ground in the region.

Yeah, they don't value human life at all apparently. It does seem as if they are waiting for something before they take action. The situation is definitely weird to say the least. I have never been more grateful to have been born here in the US.

England doesn't have to take in anyone any more than any other country does.

If people drown getting there than that's on them. Not England.

Claudette

What a shocking and reprehensible statement in response to dead baby.

We're all human beings. Are RWs less human? Why are they always against helping people and always in favor of killing innocents?

Did anyone see the footage this morning showing Austrians meeting buses full of refugees with food and talking them to shelter?

What a contrast to how the US treated desperate children refugees who were trying to escape drugs and sex trafficking.

Last edited:
They are recruiting more and more all the time too . . .

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...-of-200000-claims-kurdish-leader-9863418.html

The Islamic State (Isis) has recruited an army hundreds of thousands strong, far larger than previous estimates by the CIA, according to a senior Kurdish leader. He said the ability of Isis to attack on many widely separated fronts in Iraq and Syria at the same time shows that the number of militant fighters is at least 200,000, seven or eight times bigger than foreign in intelligence estimates of up to 31,500 men.

Fuad Hussein, the chief of staff of the Kurdish President Massoud Barzani said in an exclusive interview with The Independent on Sunday that "I am talking about hundreds of thousands of fighters because they are able to mobilise Arab young men in the territory they have taken."

He estimates that Isis rules a third of Iraq and a third of Syria with a population of between 10 and 12 million living in an area of 250,000 square kilometres, the same size as Great Britain. This gives the jihadis a large pool of potential recruits.

. . .

The high figure for Isis's combat strength is important because it underlines how difficult it will be eliminate Isis even with US air strikes. In September, the CIA produced an estimate of Isis numbers which calculated that the movement had between 20,000 and 31,500 fighters. The underestimate of the size of the force that Isis can deploy may explain why the US and other foreign governments have been repeatedly caught by surprise over the past five months as IS inflicted successive defeats on the Iraqi army, Syrian army, Syrian rebels and Kurdish peshmerga.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...-of-200000-claims-kurdish-leader-9863418.html

The Islamic State (Isis) has recruited an army hundreds of thousands strong, far larger than previous estimates by the CIA, according to a senior Kurdish leader. He said the ability of Isis to attack on many widely separated fronts in Iraq and Syria at the same time shows that the number of militant fighters is at least 200,000, seven or eight times bigger than foreign in intelligence estimates of up to 31,500 men.

Fuad Hussein, the chief of staff of the Kurdish President Massoud Barzani said in an exclusive interview with The Independent on Sunday that "I am talking about hundreds of thousands of fighters because they are able to mobilise Arab young men in the territory they have taken."

He estimates that Isis rules a third of Iraq and a third of Syria with a population of between 10 and 12 million living in an area of 250,000 square kilometres, the same size as Great Britain. This gives the jihadis a large pool of potential recruits.

. . .

The high figure for Isis's combat strength is important because it underlines how difficult it will be eliminate Isis even with US air strikes. In September, the CIA produced an estimate of Isis numbers which calculated that the movement had between 20,000 and 31,500 fighters. The underestimate of the size of the force that Isis can deploy may explain why the US and other foreign governments have been repeatedly caught by surprise over the past five months as IS inflicted successive defeats on the Iraqi army, Syrian army, Syrian rebels and Kurdish peshmerga.
The estimates come and go......it was a little while back that I saw the number at 100,000.............200,000 seems much too large of an estimate.............Even at 100k the western powers would walk all over them with on the battle field..........if they are dumb enough to stand up to it............The small sorties of air strikes kills a couple of dozen of them every day................which is minimal to their overall strength in the region..............

Either way, the crisis is expanding.........and the world needs to grow a set and end it.

. . .

The estimates come and go......it was a little while back that I saw the number at 100,000.............200,000 seems much too large of an estimate.............Even at 100k the western powers would walk all over them with on the battle field..........if they are dumb enough to stand up to it............The small sorties of air strikes kills a couple of dozen of them every day................which is minimal to their overall strength in the region..............

Either way, the crisis is expanding.........and the world needs to grow a set and end it.

Yeah, and then we're the "bad guys" again . . . :rolleyes-41: Honestly, I wish the Arab world or somebody else (the Brits?) would take care of THIS problem. I'm tired of it always being up to the US and then we are made into the "bad guys" later on because things didn't turn out "perfectly."

. . .

Yeah, and then we're the "bad guys" again . . . :rolleyes-41: Honestly, I wish the Arab world or somebody else (the Brits?) would take care of THIS problem. I'm tired of it always being up to the US and then we are made into the "bad guys" later on because things didn't turn out "perfectly."
Hell we are the bad guys in our own country.....................Da libs tell us we suck daily for our positions on taking care of stuff like that..........Now believe it or not........France of all nations saved Chad from domination by the Radical Islamist..........Chad's army was basically defeated until French forces arrived and drove them North back into the mountains................

It's not just in Syria that this junk is going on...........the Islamist strong hold is there in Northern Chad and Southern Libya right now...............Instigating Islamic law where ever they control the region.......Pay the fine or lose your head...............

Nigeria...............same danged thing.......................

In the 90's we went into Somalia to save the starving children...........The War lords there, backed by Islamic Jihadist, owned the food and weapons and turned the people against us...............For Bringing them Food..........and forces to Protect the aid workers and to distribute it.........................We were classified as the bad guys for trying to Feed them.................

The world is a crazy fing place............I didn't notice a single fishing boat there back in the day...........but you could drop a shinny hook in the water and bring up a fish...............They would rather starve than fish for their food in most cases........Taboo..................A taboo in Loonyville.

. . .

Hell we are the bad guys in our own country.....................Da libs tell us we suck daily for our positions on taking care of stuff like that..........Now believe it or not........France of all nations saved Chad from domination by the Radical Islamist..........Chad's army was basically defeated until French forces arrived and drove them North back into the mountains................

It's not just in Syria that this junk is going on...........the Islamist strong hold is there in Northern Chad and Southern Libya right now...............Instigating Islamic law where ever they control the region.......Pay the fine or lose your head...............

Nigeria...............same danged thing.......................

In the 90's we went into Somalia to save the starving children...........The War lords there, backed by Islamic Jihadist, owned the food and weapons and turned the people against us...............For Bringing them Food..........and forces to Protect the aid workers and to distribute it.........................We were classified as the bad guys for trying to Feed them.................

The world is a crazy fing place............I didn't notice a single fishing boat there back in the day...........but you could drop a shinny hook in the water and bring up a fish...............They would rather starve than fish for their food in most cases........Taboo..................A taboo in Loonyville.

That's really messed up.

. . .

Perhaps you should refrain from posting links until you can better read and understand them. You would save yourself a lot of ridicule.

. . .

Perhaps you should refrain from posting links until you can better read and understand them. You would save yourself a lot of ridicule.

Perhaps you should refrain from posting altogether, meat head. Just because you are angry for being outed on your thoughtless comments and want to blame their families instead of the war, don't blame me. :) You are the asshole, not me. You are the meat head too.

. . .

Perhaps you should refrain from posting altogether, meat head. Just because you are angry for being outed on your thoughtless comments and want to blame their families instead of the war, don't blame me. :) You are the asshole, not me. You are the meat head too.
No! No! I am not blaming you. I merely pointed out that you are a ditz and posting links which you clearly are incapable of understanding accomplishes little in hiding the fact.

Had you not done so, I, and doubtless others, would not realize the extent of your stupidity.

Is it clear now?

. . .

No! No! I am not blaming you. I merely pointed out that you are a ditz and posting links which you clearly are incapable of understanding accomplishes little in hiding the fact.

Had you not done so, I, and doubtless others, would not realize the extent of your stupidity.

Is it clear now?

You are just a narrow minded little conservotard who is a spoiled first worlder and has no idea what kind of horrors other people in the world wake up to every day. You are an ignorant meat head.

In fact, I will even go so far as to say that I've never encountered such blatant ignorance in my life, thankfully. I guess I've been lucky so far. Thankfully, you insane wackos are only present in my life online.

. . .

Is it clear now?

You are just a narrow minded little conservotard who is a spoiled first worlder and has no idea what kind of horrors other people in the world wake up to every day. You are an ignorant meat head.
You don't have to apologize for being white trash, but you really should do something about being semi-literate. Reading is extremely important, especially if you want to partake in dialog and debate. You cannot and should not expect people to explain your own links for you.

. . .

Is it clear now?

You don't have to apologize for being white trash, but you really should do something about being semi-literate. Reading is extremely important, especially if you want to partake in dialog and debate. You cannot and should not expect people to explain your own links for you.

Meat head, after reading some of your posts, I look like a genius. ;)

Forum List

Back