Grand Jury requested in Trump GA probe

He's on tape, trying to influence election officials. That's "illegal" in Normal World. Seems pretty open-and-shut to me.

Her probe, launched in February, is centered on the Jan. 2 phone call Trump placed to Raffensperger, in which he urged the Republican to “find” the votes to reverse Joe Biden’s win in Georgia in November 2020.
If Trump said, "Go and make the votes up to sway the election", off to jail he goes.

If he said, "Look for the votes", because he believed/told fraud took place and ballot papers were missing, that's a different kettle of fish.

So did Trump tell them to go and make votes up?

This time it did not work. The next time it might and there is zero reason for anyone not to keep trying till it does.
Other than the fact that the entire country is aware of the situation and will be looking at that.

It's nothing. We should move on!

If Trump said, "Go and make the votes up to sway the election", off to jail he goes.

If he said, "Look for the votes", because he believed/told fraud took place and ballot papers were missing, that's a different kettle of fish.

So did Trump tell them to go and make votes up?

Even in the first case wouldn't he have to offer a carrot/threaten a stick to make it truly actionable?

He's on tape, trying to influence election officials. That's "illegal" in Normal World. Seems pretty open-and-shut to me.

Her probe, launched in February, is centered on the Jan. 2 phone call Trump placed to Raffensperger, in which he urged the Republican to “find” the votes to reverse Joe Biden’s win in Georgia in November 2020.
^^ Loves wasting our hard-earned tax dollars on political BS.

Find isn't make up or fabricate.

If that's all they have, this is a abuse of prosecutorial power.

I disagree. I think the implication was clear since the vote counting was over.

And he did not ask for all legal votes to be counted or for illegal votes not to be, he asked for a specific number of votes be given to him

If you go by context, which in a normal world, that would matter, you would see he was wanting them to go back and check.
He wasnt asking them to break the law or do anything nefarious. He was telling them the voting was fucked up and they needed to fix it. Whether he was wrong or not is a different conversation.

Trump: No, we do have a way but I don't want to get into it. We found a way in other states excuse me, but we don't need it because we're only down 11,000 votes so we don't even need it. I personally think they're corrupt as hell. But we don't need that. Because all we have to do Cleta is find 11,000-plus votes. So we don't need that. I'm not looking to shake up the whole world. We won Georgia easily. We won it by hundreds of thousands of votes. But if you go by basic simple numbers, we won it easily, easily. So we're not giving Dominion a pass on the record. We just, we don't need Dominion, because we have so many other votes that we don't need to prove it any more than we already have.

Hilbert: Mr. President and Cleta, this is Kurt Hilbert, if I might interject for a moment. Um Ryan, I would like to suggest just four categories that have already been mentioned by the president that have actually hard numbers of 24,149 votes that were counted illegally. That in and of itself is sufficient to change the results or place the outcome in doubt. We would like to sit down with your office and we can do it through purposes of compromise and just like this phone call, just to deal with that limited category of votes. And if you are able to establish that our numbers are not accurate, then fine. However, we believe that they are accurate. We've had now three to four separate experts looking at these numbers.

Trump: Certified accountants looked at them.

Hilbert: Correct. And this is just based on USPS data and your own secretary of state's data. So that's what we would entreat and ask you to do, to sit down with us in a compromise and settlements proceeding and actually go through the registered voter IDs and registrations. And if you can convince us that that 24,149 is inaccurate, then fine. But we tend to believe that is, you know, obviously more than 11,779. That's sufficient to change the results entirely in of itself. So what would you say to that, Mr. Germany?

You people need to grow the fuck up

I disagree. I think the implication was clear since the vote counting was over.

And he did not ask for all legal votes to be counted or for illegal votes not to be, he asked for a specific number of votes be given to him

Are you sure all counting was over?

The real issue is your side has been throwing everything against the wall hoping for something to stick for 6+ years now, and you wonder why your opponents mock you when the NEXT SURE THING TO TAKE DOWN TRUMP shows up.

You do not have any issue at all with the President of the United States using the power of his office to ask the SOS of a state to give him a specific number of votes?
First, Trump did not do that. Second, the SOS said his state's data was wrong. I think the latter should make people more worried about election integrity than Trump.

Are you sure all counting was over?

The real issue is your side has been throwing everything against the wall hoping for something to stick for 6+ years now, and you wonder why your opponents mock you when the NEXT SURE THING TO TAKE DOWN TRUMP shows up.

I do not have a side, I was vocally against the Mueller investigation and the impeachments on this forum.

As I said to a poster above, if this is just swept away what is to keep every POTUS from now till the end of time from interfering in elections/vote counting?

First, Trump did not do that. Second, the SOS said his state's data was wrong. I think the latter should make people more worried about election integrity than Trump.

Yes, he did actually. 11,780 of them in fact.

I do not have a side, I was vocally against the Mueller investigation and the impeachments on this forum.

As I said to a poster above, if this is just swept away what is to keep every POTUS from now till the end of time from interfering in elections/vote counting?

In a binary political system like ours you have a side, like it or not.

You lump with the SJW's, or you lump with us, or you stand on the double yellow line wondering why you get hit with traffic going both ways.

In a binary political system like ours you have a side, like it or not.

You lump with the SJW's, or you lump with us, or you stand on the double yellow line wondering why you get hit with traffic going both ways.

Nope. I refuse to pick a side other than that of the country itself. I do not base my views, likes or opinions upon what my side tells me I must think or act.

Nope. I refuse to pick a side other than that of the country itself. I do not base my views, likes or opinions upon what my side tells me I must think or act.

Then enjoy the fender marks on your ass and knees.

Reality is a bitch sometimes, but your view is like being in a Star Wars universe and expecting Star Trek Warp Drive to work.

Why?

1). Did they report news you don't like?
OR
2). Did they fabricate and create FAKE NEWS, by lying?
They're clearly biased. The truth can be interpreted in many ways, and the way CNN interprets it always leans to the left. I don't take Fox seriously either.

Then enjoy the fender marks on your ass and knees.

Reality is a bitch sometimes, but your view is like being in a Star Wars universe and expecting Star Trek Warp Drive to work.

Sorry bud, you will never make me feel bad for not selling my soul to a political part. It is just not going to happen.

Forum List

Back