‘Cobra Kai’ Is Netflix’s No. 1 Because It’s Anti-Woke

Weatherman2020

Diamond Member
Mar 3, 2013
Right coast, classified
Will have to watch it.

“In contrast to much of the unwatchable content Hollywood produces these days, “Cobra Kai” creators Jon Hurwitz, Josh Heald, and Hayden Schlossberg do not seem to mind if anyone is offended by their work. Instead of using sanctimonious leftist virtue signaling to make a point or having characters preen about their woke moral superiority, the show cleverly and hilariously mocks the cancer that is “politically correct” culture, while promoting personal responsibility and accountability for the decisions we make.

Unlike the Black Lives Matter movement, which has stated it wantsto “disrupt the Western-prescribed nuclear family structure,” “Cobra Kai” embraces the importance of having a cohesive family unit that includes strong fathers and caring mothers. It also shows us what happens when parents abrogate their most basic responsibilities and neglect their children. The outcome is often tragic and predictable.”

Well, if the fake news "The Federalist" says so, it must be true.

People have always liked martial arts stuff.

When something is anti woke, even if I don't like it, I am still for it because that tells me someone somewhere said "I want to make what I want to make and I don't really care what the public thinks of it".

I'd rather watch 100 shitty ass bad movies where someone said "Im going to make the movie I want" than watch 1 movie where someone said "ok I need to make sure this has diversity, inclusion, representation and is socially aware".

That's why I love Quentin Tarantino because not only does he make great movies, he makes the movies he wants and doesn't give a shit what people think and doesn't care about making sure he can make everyone happy or worry about bullshit social trends.

Will have to watch it.

“In contrast to much of the unwatchable content Hollywood produces these days, “Cobra Kai” creators Jon Hurwitz, Josh Heald, and Hayden Schlossberg do not seem to mind if anyone is offended by their work. Instead of using sanctimonious leftist virtue signaling to make a point or having characters preen about their woke moral superiority, the show cleverly and hilariously mocks the cancer that is “politically correct” culture, while promoting personal responsibility and accountability for the decisions we make.

Unlike the Black Lives Matter movement, which has stated it wantsto “disrupt the Western-prescribed nuclear family structure,” “Cobra Kai” embraces the importance of having a cohesive family unit that includes strong fathers and caring mothers. It also shows us what happens when parents abrogate their most basic responsibilities and neglect their children. The outcome is often tragic and predictable.”

It's entertaining, but not the best acting performances you'll see, especially among the kids on the show. However, I give them a pass, because it's their first roles for most of them. They'll get better.

And yes, the fact that it doesn't bow to the humorless, narcissistic, lecturing, woke bullshit that plagues most of Hollywood is a huge plus.

I watched the Eternals last night on Disney+. Worst Marvel movie yet. Heavy on PC wokeness and light on good script. One of these basically-god-characters speaks only in sign language, another is gay for no reason at all, every nationality is represented in blatant stereotypical fashion, etc...

Will have to watch it.

You do realize the Daniel LaRusso character came from a broken home, right?

Will have to watch it.

It's a great show. William Zabka's character is hilarious.

"Great, more immigrants."

:auiqs.jpg:

It's a great show. William Zabka's character is hilarious.

"Great, more immigrants."

:auiqs.jpg:
You do realize that lines like that in the show are actually making fun at the absurdity of the trumpanzee, right? Of course trumpanzee's are so stupid, they see that as a validation of their racism. Meanwhile, the rest of us are laughing at them.

You do realize that lines like that in the show are actually making fun at the absurdity of the trumpanzee, right? Of course trumpanzee's are so stupid, they see that as a validation of their racism. Meanwhile, the rest of us are laughing at them.
^^ Leave it to a Democrat to overthink and inject politics into a comedy and take all the fun out of it.

Sorry, my fault clearly. I didn't mean to enjoy the show with laughter for 30 minutes or so. Apparently there was a much deeper meaning I was supposed to pick up on. I'll put my mask back on, stop enjoying life and will comply.

^^ Leave it to a Democrat to overthink and inject politics into a comedy and take all the fun out of it.

Sorry, my fault clearly. I didn't mean to enjoy the show with laughter for 30 minutes or so. Apparently there was a much deeper meaning I was supposed to pick up on. I'll put my mask back on, stop enjoying life and will comply.
Hey if you think the show is supporting racism or even that viewpoint, you're dumber than you sound.

^^ Spoken like a true racist. Sucks to be a miserable shit racist judging everyone.
Being against racism, isnt being a racist. It's being correct. I think when you wrote that you just realized those racist characters were put in the show to laugh at. Because they're absurd.

I watched the Eternals last night on Disney+. Worst Marvel movie yet. Heavy on PC wokeness and light on good script. One of these basically-god-characters speaks only in sign language, another is gay for no reason at all, every nationality is represented in blatant stereotypical fashion, etc...
Gay, fat and African American...all in one. One is a kid who could be gender neutral. One has mental issues. Yeah, woke, stupid and predictable.

Cobra Kai is pretty good. Watched three of the four seasons thus far.

Being against racism, isnt being a racist. It's being correct. I think when you wrote that you just realized those racist characters were put in the show to laugh at. Because they're absurd.

You're not against racism if you support a guy who said he doesn't want his kids growing up in a "jungle" full of black people. You're the racist.

Martin Kove as John Kreese is spectacular as the bad guy. He's 75 years old and every bit the bad ass he portrays.

Forum List

Back