Graffiti

MaryL

Diamond Member
Dec 30, 2011
Midwestern U.S.
Is it "art" or vandalism?
When they "tag" your property at 2am with crap WITHOUT your permission, its vandalism. Despite what Banksy or the leftist morons say about about it. Ugly gang banging territorial marking SHIT isn't art.

Is it "art" or vandalism?
When they "tag" your property at 2am with crap WITHOUT your permission, its vandalism. Despite what Banksy or the leftist morons say about about it. Ugly gang banging territorial marking SHIT isn't art.
Wanton, hateful destruction.

• Banned
I peruse old pictures and videos from say 1890's. Or the 1950's I marvel at the fact there isn't graffiti over everything. Boxcars or bare brick walls. I hate that we accept this crap. It's ugly...and beyond that.

I just realized something. I moved to a very small Midwest town a little over a month ago and it just occurred to me that I have seen no graffiti here! I went from Seattle six years ago to a small Western Washington town and could not get away from it. I think I'll take a driving tour of the parts of town I haven't seen yet, to see if there's any hidden graffiti. I've been trying to put my finger on what's different about this place and I think that might be a big factor. It's very refreshing.

• Banned
Bansky is paid to do what he does. It's performance art basicaly. He plans it out weeks in advance on sketch boards . He's not crawling up a freeway overpass at 2: 45 AM scrawling illegible crap over a freeway overpass doing it off the cuff. Its contrived. And he compares this to say...Da Vinci painting on the Sistine chapel. Yeah, right.

Graffiti is like a bad tattoo

I do like Banksy

1633225219485.png

Banksy is just a political cartoonist. He doesn't put his "art" up there without approval from the bigwigs. That would make a great great political cartoon/skit.

I peruse old pictures and videos from say 1890's. Or the 1950's I marvel at the fact there isn't graffiti over everything. Boxcars or bare brick walls. I hate that we accept this crap. It's ugly...and beyond that.
Spray paint hadn't been invented in the 1890s.

Forum List

Back