Government Take-Over of Rental Housing

Can't see your posts as they are incoherent.
How bizarre - alleged incoherence causes selective blindness?
What do you mean by housing?
Look it up.
Be specific.
See above.
Mansions?
One of Pelosi's?

Sure - why not?

Could house a LOT of people! :)
One room apartments?
What do you think?
Hotel spaces?
What are your thoughts?

How bizarre - alleged incoherence causes selective blindness?

Look it up.

See above.

One of Pelosi's?

Sure - why not?

Could house a LOT of people! :)

What do you think?

What are your thoughts?
Like I said. Troll. Answers questions with questions. Waste of life.

The troll assumes that the reason these people are "struggling" is due to bad luck vs bad decisions.
It very well could be bad luck.

I don't see much point in making the issue about personal virtue (or lack thereof). The question is whether we want to use government to provide us with housing. I think it's a really bad idea.

Can't see your posts as they are incoherent. What do you mean by housing? Be specific. Mansions? One room apartments? Hotel spaces?
This is an excellent question considering that the definition can and must mutate if H. sapiens is going to address the concepts of unaffordability and the very American concept of home ownership, a very American concept, by the way. When we mentioned tiny homes, we also meant modular structures that assemble and disassemble, each piece of which is always already (owned [italics]) by the owner and not the bank, right from the start. This by default means that these tiny/micro dwellings need not fall victim to the high-cost, predatory moving systems now in place for one-piece tinies and micros, a blatant rip-off.

I don't see much point in making the issue about personal virtue (or lack thereof). The question is whether we want to use government to provide us with housing. I think it's a really bad idea.

A point I brought up a few times is that government already does provide housing and has been the last several generations. It may not be what you like or in the safest neighborhood, but housing nonetheless. If you don't qualify for government housing it means you can afford your own by their standards. Now if you can't afford your own, then the problem is where you live, not that you can't afford housing of any kind. That means the solution to your problem is moving the hell out of the area you're in and to a place where an average wage makes it affordable to have reasonable shelter.

It's fine if it's temporary. Say a mother and child escaping an abusive relationship. But it cannot be and must not be permanent

This is an excellent question considering that the definition can and must mutate if H. sapiens is going to address the concepts of unaffordability and the very American concept of home ownership, a very American concept, by the way. When we mentioned tiny homes, we also meant modular structures that assemble and disassemble, each piece of which is always already (owned [italics]) by the owner and not the bank, right from the start. This by default means that these tiny/micro dwellings need not fall victim to the high-cost, predatory moving systems now in place for one-piece tinies and micros, a blatant rip-off.
Supply and Demand..no such thing as a rip off IMO

Equal protection of the laws for unemployment compensation in our at-will employment States can solve that dilemma in a market friendly manner.

No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.

Advocacy groups see things only in their own way. With these issues my main hope is that they remain local. Regarding housing, for example, I'm not for those in Washington DC deciding where low-cost housing belongs here in Arizona.

Forum List

Back