Government Take-Over of Rental Housing

Sounds great! :)

Unfortunately, good & hard-working people can no longer afford housing.

30% to 50% rent increases have not been accompanied by 30% to 50% income increases, especially for those on fixed incomes.

What do you think can be done to avert this MASSIVE crisis?
What does can’t afford housing mean? It’s simply a euphemism. Choose housing that fits your budget. If you are a clerk at 7-11 with a wife and two kids then the FACTS are you won’t rent a $2,500 house in a great area. Has ZERO to do with fakely purported “fairness”
You have to assess what you need to do for work to get a place to live that matches it. NO ONE else is responsible to do that for you. So in The clerk case I referenced he may have to take a basement 2 bedroom for $1,300. That’s how it works in the real world and that’s how it should work. Absolutely ZERO to do with greedy landlords or fairness.

What does can’t afford housing mean? It’s simply a euphemism. Choose housing that fits your budget. If you are a clerk at 7-11 with a wife and two kids then the FACTS are you won’t rent a $2,500 house in a great area. Has ZERO to do with fakely purported “fairness”
You have to assess what you need to do for work to get a place to live that matches it. NO ONE else is responsible to do that for you. So in The clerk case I referenced he may have to take a basement 2 bedroom for $1,300. That’s how it works in the real world and that’s how it should work. Absolutely ZERO to do with greedy landlords or fairness.
So who decides what ones property is worth when it comes to rental and what they can charge, the government?

About 15 years ago my city forced all landlords to have an apartment inspection before renting to any new tenant. They've changed the fee as time went on, but it was around $200.00, and then if it passed, another $50.00 what they call an occupancy license.

They found all kinds of problems with my rentals because they haven't been kept up to federal, city and state codes. It cost me thousands. Where do you suppose I should have gotten that money from?

In any case I complained to my Councilman who happened to be a friend of mine. He forwarded my complaint to the Mayor. Off the record he said, the Mayor claimed that landlords are making too much money in his city, and it's time for us to share.

So I told him to relay a message to the Mayor for me. I told him I want to set up an appointment with him, have him go through my tax records which are done by a certified tax preparer, and tell me where all this money is I'm supposed to be sitting on. Why is it I get an income tax refund every year? The Mayor never responded.

You know, it's easy to sit back and count all that rental income, but try paying all the bills sometime. Try waking up at 4:30am to plow the parking lot and drive while your tenants are still comfortably in their warm bed. Let me know how it feels to be doing work around the place in summer and your tenants are off on a weeks vacation to Florida while you haven't been anywhere on vacation in 30 years because you spend all your vacation time at home catching up on projects you were able to put off. Then tell me how I should be shot for charging too much rent.
Truer values will cone from being more involved in the housing process than traditionally involved. When the contract stipulates snow shoveling will be shared amongst tenants, for example, does it reflect any relief from the pimp’s prices, that have snowballed due to capitalist competition between them?

We know damn well that heating costs during the unconscious sleeping hours during the winter in Wisconsin can be reduced to $0.00. In theory, the owner of a tiny dwelling can do the same, the answer is simply: insulation. Why in hell do you desire to heat (all [italics]) of your possessions while you sleep. Do you not care about the bulemic gorping of energy?

What does can’t afford housing mean?
Seriously?
It’s simply a euphemism.
No.
Choose housing that fits your budget.
There is a MASSIVE affordable housing crisis in this country; denying this is denying reality.
If you are a clerk at 7-11 with a wife and two kids then the FACTS are you won’t rent a $2,500 house in a great area.
Probably true.
Has ZERO to do with fakely purported “fairness”
Fakely purported fairness?
You have to assess what you need to do for work to get a place to live that matches it.
Seriously?
NO ONE else is responsible to do that for you.
Irrelevant; housing is a BASIC human right.
So in The clerk case I referenced he may have to take a basement 2 bedroom for $1,300.
Or live in a 1BR with 8 other people where the jobs are.
That’s how it works in the real world and that’s how it should work.
Housing: A BASIC human right.
Absolutely ZERO to do with greedy landlords or fairness.
Irrelevant; housing is a BASIC human right.

We know damn well that heating costs during the unconscious sleeping hours during the winter in Wisconsin can be reduced to $0.00. In theory, the owner of a tiny dwelling can do the same, the answer is simply: insulation. Why in hell do you desire to heat (all [italics]) of your possessions while you sleep. Do you not care about the bulemic gorping of energy?
Your posts are starting to make sense to me - I'm not sure if I should be worried!

:)

Truer values will cone from being more involved in the housing process than traditionally involved. When the contract stipulates snow shoveling will be shared amongst tenants, for example, does it reflect any relief from the pimp’s prices, that have snowballed due to capitalist competition between them?

Actually years ago tenants were required to help remove snow at some rentals. The problem was it became a liability to the property owner if somebody got hurt. If you rent a house (at least here) the landlord doesn't do much for you except rent you the unit. Snow removal, grass cutting, paying all your own utilities is on the renter. If you lease commercial property and the roof starts leaking, it's on the leaser to repair or replace that roof or anything on that property.

Sounds great! :)

Unfortunately, good & hard-working people can no longer afford housing.

30% to 50% rent increases have not been accompanied by 30% to 50% income increases, especially for those on fixed incomes.

What do you think can be done to avert this MASSIVE crisis?

Gee, sounds like you need to find a more affordable neighborhood.

Actually years ago tenants were required to help remove snow at some rentals.
Still the case in many areas.
The problem was it became a liability to the property owner if somebody got hurt.
Yup.
If you rent a house (at least here) the landlord doesn't do much for you except rent you the unit.
SFDs usually work this way.
Snow removal, grass cutting, paying all your own utilities is on the renter.
Ditto.
If you lease commercial property and the roof starts leaking, it's on the leaser to repair or replace that roof or anything on that property.
MFDs/commercial, yes.

Yea I am most serious when I say it is your responsibility to make your income fulfill your housing needs.
Any other promised resolution is fake and the “affordable crisis” is simply those who can’t pay. You know what. I already pay for a lot of the help you all get but I’m Not adding an further to your housing
Housing is a responsibility .
Not an inherent “right”
And not a mandate for others to subsidize it.

Last edited:
^ Looks like an irrelevant troll post.

The affordable housing crisis is real; wake up or you'll likely regret it.

Crisis only to those to lazy to keep up. Your new home awaits.

1627704421070.png

Yea I am most serious when I say it is your responsibility to make your income fulfill your housing needs.
The affordable housing crisis is real, and tens of millions are on the verge of homelessness - I'm most serious.
Any other promised resolution is fake and the “affordable crisis” is simply those who can’t pay.
Makes no sense.
You know what.
What?
I already pay for a lot of the help you all get but I’m Not adding an further to your housing
Makes no sense.
Housing is a responsibility .
Basic human right.
Not an inherent “right”
Basic human right.
And not a mandate for others to subsidize it.
Housing is a basic human right.

Forum List

Back