Government Take-Over of Rental Housing

The two prevalent lunatic fantasies presented in this thread:

1) Teh goobermint's cummin' fer muh houses! :eek:

2) That the tens of millions of good people being choke-slammed by unpayable rent increases are lazy takers.

In fact, they're teachers, nurses, caretakers, single parents, families working multiple jobs just to pay their old rents, the elderly on fixed incomes, veterans, the disabled.

But those who are buying into the convenient, self-serving fantasies noted above will have to make it right with Jesus someday.

Getting hot under the collar & trolling now to avoid the inconvenient truth of the affordable housing crisis?

They're going to learn that babbling & trolling & turning their backs on those in need works even more poorly on Jesus than it works on me.

:)

Good grief man, you want guns to be a fundamental right but not food, a place to live, and basic healthcare?
The govt provides guns for free? Your conflation is stupid
Yeah. The usual equivocation. In point of fact, we don't have a right to guns. We have a right to "keep and bear arms". Just like we have a right to eat, a right to own and live in a house, and the right care for our health. Yet we don't have a "right" to food, housing, or health care. But that distinction may be too subtle for liberals to follow.

Yeah. The usual equivocation. In point of fact, we don't have a right to guns. We have a right to "keep and bear arms". Just like we have a right to eat, a right to own and live in a house, and the right care for our health. Yet we don't have a "right" to food, housing, or health care. But that distinction may be too subtle for liberals to follow.
Correct but idiot Leftists like Crepitus continue to make false conflations. We do have public hospitals who treat those with poor or no insurance

Correct but idiot Leftists like Crepitus continue to make false conflations. We do have public hospitals who treat those with poor or no insurance
I think the problem is that they just don't put that much thought into it. Saying something is a right, for them, isn't making a literal (and certainly not coherent) statement about rights. All they're really saying is, "we wan't free shit!".

I think the problem is that they just don't put that much thought into it. Saying something is a right, for them, isn't making a literal (and certainly not coherent) statement about rights. All they're really saying is, "we wan't free shit!".
Correct. They see what their neighbor has and want the same things not understanding how their neighbor was able to attain those things. Pretty sad

Why are you responding?
Why aren't you?
I told you I'm not going to waste my time with you until you learn how to participate in a forum.
Why troll, derail and engage in personal attacks when you can learn from me how to properly participate in a forum thread - or as you call it, a blog?

Did you have anything to add to the topic, or were you just trolling again?

Housing is a basic human right; is this too subtle for conservatives to understand?

I want my own castle!!

iu

That's the funny thing about castles... for the most part, they only existed because someone got enough wicked men to follow him and grab a fiefdom, subjugate the peasants, and build on for himself.

He needed the castle because, the next guy with a mob of bad guys was always waiting to take over that fiefdom.

^ Baseless/irrelevant ad hominem.

So is food.
Yes.
So is plumbing.
Possibly.
What isn't a fundamental human right?
What do you think?
Should food and plumbing be free?
What do you think?
Leftists are so deranged it's humorous.
Are they? This thread is full of conservatives fantasizing that the guvment wants their houses, and that people who can't afford housing are stupid & lazy - that strikes me as quite deranged.

New Topics

Forum List

Back