Government shut-down. Isn't it clear who is right and who is full of BS?

QUOTE="The Original Tree, post: 21559747, member: 60550"]
The cost of the wall is immaterial considering the vast amounts of money our government squanders.

I'll also note that as of now, no Federal employees have actually missed a paycheck. It's rather unseemly to see so much hyperventilation over people who are basically getting a FREE VACATION (as they will receive full backpay for time they didn't work) and who make far more than the average person paying taxes to fund their phoney baloney jobs.
The Wall means more revenue in remittances and in confiscations of money, weapons, and property of drug cartels. It will pay for itself. It is probably as good or better an investment as building a toll road is.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^Right here^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Well said.. :udaman::clap::clap::clap::clap:[/QUOTE]
We are averaging confiscation of $30 Billion a year alone. And that is with a Swiss Cheese Border.
Mexico is already paying for our border security in confiscations alone. So yes, they are paying RIGHT NOW EVEN for The WALL.

At The Border, The Drugs Go North And The Cash Goes South

QUOTE="The Original Tree, post: 21559747, member: 60550"]
The cost of the wall is immaterial considering the vast amounts of money our government squanders.

I'll also note that as of now, no Federal employees have actually missed a paycheck. It's rather unseemly to see so much hyperventilation over people who are basically getting a FREE VACATION (as they will receive full backpay for time they didn't work) and who make far more than the average person paying taxes to fund their phoney baloney jobs.
The Wall means more revenue in remittances and in confiscations of money, weapons, and property of drug cartels. It will pay for itself. It is probably as good or better an investment as building a toll road is.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^Right here^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Well said.. :udaman::clap::clap::clap::clap:
We are averaging confiscation of $30 Billion a year alone. And that is with a Swiss Cheese Border.
Mexico is already paying for our border security in confiscations alone. So yes, they are paying RIGHT NOW EVEN for The WALL.

At The Border, The Drugs Go North And The Cash Goes South
[/QUOTE]

We should also put surcharge on cash transfers from the U.S. to Mexico.

Walls? I've mentioned it before. East Berlin and West Berlin - The Berlin Wall. How did it work? The East Germans places land mines in some areas, and machine gun nests that mowed people down. Anyway, they had to kill people trying to get around the wall. Yet people kept trying and dying. Oh yeah, a wall by itself need murderers to keep the myth of the magic wall safe and secure.

So the Berlin wall wasn't effective because a few people were shot who tried to cross it?

Really?

Mark
Thousands crossed it...despite the mines and the gun towers

Trump shouldn't have shut down the gummit for Rush and Crazy Ann. He should have had some fence built and declared victory. As he did in Syria ... abandoning the Kurds to slaughter and leaving Isis standing.

Walls? I've mentioned it before. East Berlin and West Berlin - The Berlin Wall. How did it work? The East Germans places land mines in some areas, and machine gun nests that mowed people down. Anyway, they had to kill people trying to get around the wall. Yet people kept trying and dying. Oh yeah, a wall by itself need murderers to keep the myth of the magic wall safe and secure.

So the Berlin wall wasn't effective because a few people were shot who tried to cross it?

Really?

Mark
Compare Berlin Wall to Trump not gonna get a Wall.

Really?

Mark
The Berlin Wall worked because the East Germans were willing to murder people.

is that what you are calling for?

The President can't shut down The Government. Congress can only do that by refusing to send a Budget to The President for in this instance Fiscal 2019.
The president can shut down the government by refusing to sign the budget which coincidentally is exactly what Drumpf did. :rolleyes:
They did not send a budget. Now I know why I put you on Ignore. You aren't very bright.
Actually they did send a budget. Its amazing you are now having a baby stress tantrum and trying to deny the facts. :laugh:

Really?

Mark
never at one time. never, it worked. It's why it was a focus for so long. That is just a fact.

Really?

Mark

The wall reduced escapees by 75%.

No one claimed that a wall will stop everyone, but it will stop some.

Mark

Really?

Mark
never at one time. never, it worked. It's why it was a focus for so long. That is just a fact.

'More than 1,000 died' trying to flee East Germany

By Kate Connolly in Berlin

12:01AM BST 13 Aug 2003

The number of East Germans killed as they attempted to seek freedom in the West was above 1,000, researchers said yesterday as they released updated figures.

A society established to remember the victims of the Berlin Wall said it had uncovered the identity of a further 23 people, including a pregnant woman, who died.

The August 13 Society, named after the day the Berlin Wall was built 42 years ago, said its findings bring the total of those who died attempting to breach the East-West border to 1,008.

More than 200 were killed while trying to cross the Berlin Wall. The rest died while attempting to cross defence barriers elsewhere along the border.

The August 13 Society, which consists of survivors and victims' relatives has been compiling the list for several years, analysing data from Soviet and East German files.

Everyone knows walls are effective,

Ummmm no...not so much

A wall is say 5-10 billion

Try 26 billion (plus cost overruns...plus land buyouts...plus legal costs...plus maintenance)

illegals cost us over 50 billion ANNUALLY.

The right wing CATO institute has that cost at between 3 and 16 billion...

Cato is not right wing. They are libertarian. And libertarians want open borders. The Koch brothers fund Cato, and they are open border proponents.

Mark

The wall reduced escapees by 75%.

No one claimed that a wall will stop everyone, but it will stop some.

Mark
they had to murder people for the wall to be effective. without the murders, millions would have went over or around the wall - as they did when it fell

Really?

Mark

I am calling for secure borders. If a wall does not stop them, then no other method will work either. What do you propose?

Mark

Really?

Mark

I am calling for secure borders. If a wall does not stop them, then no other method will work either. What do you propose?

Mark
the experts say parts o a wall, parts a fence, some areas almost impossible to cross, others most of it needs technological stuff... try and keep up

Really?

Mark

Mark
the experts say parts o a wall, parts a fence, some areas almost impossible to cross, others most of it needs technological stuff... try and keep up

So a wall will not stop them. but technology will? What technology will stop them?

Mark

1. We know a border barrier works cuz we've already got barriers that work to reduce illegals coming across into Yuma and San Diego. It's been proven to work!

2. The Dems voted for a barrier back in 2006, but now they won't support it. WHY? Why is it immoral now but wasn't then?

Really?

Mark

Mark

So a wall will not stop them. but technology will? What technology will stop them?

Mark
please, they come in groups. Border Patrol hunts them down. Takes them into custody. Many illegals already in America are illegal because they overstay visas or ...

you're playing stupid. No sane person ever wanted a wall along the whole border until Trump started spouting his nonsense.
Securing the border does not demand having a wall everywhere. Fencing and parts of walls along sections of the border have been built and supported by most everyone. Trump has turned it into a circus, and fools like you feel you have something to shout and stomp feet about

it makes you feel good. But, Mueller is still coming . Your silly stupid game will not carry your emotions for long

Forum List

Back