Government power is one cause of the president's demise.

This is classic bad government producing the opposite effect of what it is trying to do.
I doubt that- it is classic unintended consequences, and since the US gov't has an entire history of the same to draw from, I doubt they're unintended-

The role of the US gov't is clearly out lined in the constitution, with it's intent pointed out in the preamble-
It's authority/power is limited- Obama, that great constitutional scholar, believed differently- and, (I turned 73 last month), I can't recall a POTUS, or congress, not over reaching it's authority in my life time- and according to History, I'd say all the way back to before the ink was dry on the rules of conduct for the not so virtuous-

Remember, the US is an experiment.

experiment: a tentative procedure or policy
an operation or procedure carried out under controlled conditions in order to discover an unknown effect or law, to test or establish a hypothesis, or to illustrate a known law

At some point, the experiment has to come to a conclusion- good, bad or indifferent.

Jefferson believed the experiment would arrive at the presumed desired conclusion only if virtuous men were elected-

It seems, some of the founders believed men wanted freedom- apparently, in our time, citizens don't want freedom, or liberty, they just want their guy to win- they don't know why, either, they just do- R and D- neither side of the imaginary aisle in DC works to secure our liberty- they claim to be working to defend our democracy- that alone tell us all we need to know, since, words mean things- and yes, that is intended-

Agreed.

Partisans are clueless that the Establishment has been pulling the strings for a LONG time now.

They're ready to play their end game now. "Globalization"....meaning....consolidation and total control into the hands of those who have amassed the greatest wealth.

We should have term limits on all elected government positions and we should disallow all foreign contributions to political parties and for no money from out of state for candidates running for Congress

Of course "We SHOULD".....but we don't.
Government is a self serving entity at this point. They will only do what benefits those in power.
And since Americans are too afraid to stop the tyranny, tyranny it is.

Americans have been too comfortable and had too much for too long.
They EXPECT it, regardless of the obvious direction of government.
so as long as people still have a home and bread to eat, they will remain silent and cling to hopes the good times will someday return.
Anyone running on a ticket of term limits would be pilloried with investigations and accusations of racism and Russian collusion. Who wants that?

We should have term limits on all elected government positions and we should disallow all foreign contributions to political parties and for no money from out of state for candidates running for Congress

Government is a self serving entity at this point. They will only do what benefits those in power.

so as long as people still have a home and bread to eat, they will remain silent and cling to hopes the good times will someday return.

No one ever said "more tyranny, please"; but since improvements were not made, then more tyranny it is!
In fact it has become easier to feed at the Congressional trough.

Anyone running on a ticket of term limits would be pilloried with investigations and accusations of racism and Russian collusion. Who wants that?

So, you're saying you like the current state of affairs better ???

Why? We don't have that in spades right now ??

I disagree Ray. Career politicians are the primary source of ruin for this nation.
They stop looking out for national interest and start bowing to special interests.

Reasonable minds can correctly conclude that the disintegration of the nuclear family that was the cause of Black misery in the 1960’s was not eliminated but instead propagated into the rest of American culture by the Great Society. Today the government in America has grown to massive proportions with bad ideas that multiplied by cellular division and the power of the government is what led to the downfall of the outgoing president.

Uh, guy, if the government only paid for poverty relief, it wouldn't be that big of a government.

The three biggest line items for government are

1) Social Security- 892 Billion mostly paid to middle class white people who've retired.
2) Medicare - 799 Billion, Mostly paid to middle class white people who've retired.
3) Defense Spending - 686 Billion. Mostly spent fighting around the world.

Now, let's compare that to the "Welfare" you are whining about.

SNAP (Food Stamps) - 60.4 Billion
Section 8 (housing) 20 Billion
TANF (welfare payments) 30.9

Of course, Medicaid is a big ticket item, about 600 billion, because health care spending in this country is out of control.

Reasonable minds can correctly conclude that the disintegration of the nuclear family that was the cause of Black misery in the 1960’s was not eliminated but instead propagated into the rest of American culture by the Great Society. Today the government in America has grown to massive proportions with bad ideas that multiplied by cellular division and the power of the government is what led to the downfall of the outgoing president.

Naw, what led to his downfall is that he failed in his job.

But you keep repeating the lie of the "disintegration" of the nuclear family. The nuclear family itself was bemoaned as it replaced the "extended family" of several generations living in the same house because people were too damned poor to afford their own homes before the New Deal and Great Society created a middle class.

The reality- just because black fathers aren't married means they are absent.

When the current president suggested that the people should be free to solve their own problems with less government, racism that had steadily disappeared in spite of bad policies, was exhumed, and promoted to “systemic”. The fact that black people were black and white people were white by a natural process of geographical origins was ignored and the president was accused of fomenting a plot against all non-white humans even though nothing in his history demonstrated that inclination. In fact, quite the opposite was true.

Actually- um. No. Trump played on the racial fears because the worst thing that could happen to rich assholes like him would for working class whites to realize they are in the same boat as working class minorities.

The president was trying to address the lazy and entitled factions of society that led to the parade of illegal immigrants across unprotected borders to do the work that many citizens believed was beneath them.

Guy, you keep getting this stuff wrong.

First, the number of undocumented immigrants has DECLINED since it peaked in 2006. This is because of both better workplace enforcement and because of improving economic conditions in Mexico.

View attachment 442668

Secondly, um, yeah, there are a lot of jobs Americans just plain won't do, no matter how much you pay them.
I am going to be 74 in March. I was there when this happened. I recall when every one of my classmates had a mother and a father.

I'm 73 and went to a Catholic school and besides myself I can count at least 10 kids in quite a big class their mother's were working their asses off to survive and pay tuition either because of alcoholism, death or divorce. Biden will be my 14th President I hopefully will live through and I noticed one thing after a couple rebellious years after getting out of the service that if you follow the rules of the company you work for and obey 99% of the laws you either prosper or fail through your own misgivings. Life is what you make it.

Trump's real crime in the eyes of the government what that he was impeding the flow of new Americans across borders to make the numbers work. The upper classes in America are not willing to give up any wealth to save the republic.

Consider the Affordable Care Act. As incomes drop in the heath care field, fewer of the best and brightest will go into medicine. Skills will decline and only the rich will be able to afford the best care.

This is classic bad government producing the opposite effect of what it is trying to do.

The number of medical school applicants is up 18 percent this year over last year, according to the Association of American Medical Colleges, or AAMC, driven by the example of front-line medical workers and high-profile public health figures such as National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases Director Anthony Fauci and by renewed attention to inequities in the delivery of health care.

Uh, guy, if the government only paid for poverty relief, it wouldn't be that big of a government.

1) Social Security- 892 Billion mostly paid to middle class white people who've retired.
2) Medicare - 799 Billion, Mostly paid to middle class white people who've retired.

Of course, Medicaid is a big ticket item, about 600 billion, because health care spending in this country is out of control.

But you keep repeating the lie of the "disintegration" of the nuclear family. The nuclear family itself was bemoaned as it replaced the "extended family" of several generations living in the same house because people were too damned poor to afford their own homes before the New Deal and Great Society created a middle class.

When the current president suggested that the people should be free to solve their own problems with less government, racism that had steadily disappeared in spite of bad policies, was exhumed, and promoted to “systemic”. The fact that black people were black and white people were white by a natural process of geographical origins was ignored and the president was accused of fomenting a plot against all non-white humans even though nothing in his history demonstrated that inclination. In fact, quite the opposite was true.

Actually- um. No. Trump played on the racial fears because the worst thing that could happen to rich assholes like him would for working class whites to realize they are in the same boat as working class minorities.

The president was trying to address the lazy and entitled factions of society that led to the parade of illegal immigrants across unprotected borders to do the work that many citizens believed was beneath them.

First, the number of undocumented immigrants has DECLINED since it peaked in 2006. This is because of both better workplace enforcement and because of improving economic conditions in Mexico.

View attachment 442668

Secondly, um, yeah, there are a lot of jobs Americans just plain won't do, no matter how much you pay them.
I am going to be 74 in March. I was there when this happened. I recall when every one of my classmates had a mother and a father.

I'm 73 and went to a Catholic school and besides myself I can count at least 10 kids in quite a big class their mother's were working their asses off to survive and pay tuition either because of alcoholism, death or divorce. Biden will be my 14th President I hopefully will live through and I noticed one thing after a couple rebellious years after getting out of the service that if you follow the rules of the company you work for and obey 99% of the laws you either prosper or fail through your own misgivings. Life is what you make it.

The problem is the fucking government and the corrupt politicians and big money interests that run it think we work for it and them not the other way around

View attachment 442668

Just as a reminder of what Biden was worth during Obama's years..Thank a prog for that.

Under Obamacare, Death Rates Rise and Life Expectancy Falls in 2015 | CNSNews

Trump lost because of who he is and what he did.

This victimology is getting pretty old.

Poor Eric is having a hard time.

A growing number of businesses have severed ties with the Trump Organization since last week’s insurrection, which many say Donald Trump is responsible for, and perhaps nobody’s more upset about the whole thing than Eric Frederick Trump.

Not only have all the major tech companies banned Donald Trump from their platforms, but Deutsche Bank announced it would cease doing business with him, and PGA of America announced it would no longer hold its namesake championship at any of his golf courses.

According to The New York Times‘ Maggie Haberman, losing the PGA tournament left the outgoing one-term president “gutted,” upsetting him even more than his impending second impeachment and possible removal from office.

View attachment 442668

The problem is the fucking government and the corrupt politicians and big money interests that run it think we work for it and them not the other way around

Well, sure it is but when American's go to the poll they continually vote for the same people. There has been several companies that have pulled donations to both republican and democratic party and it should stay that way, but I doubt it. Yes, they have forgotten it's us who get them there but do what the lobbyists want. If they had to run on donation's from you and I instead of large companies that ask for favor's in return is one step the next is term limits to coincide with a term a President serves 4 years and no benefits after they leave office. Then there are the people that vote straight party and they will never change. When I look at my ballot most of the time for President or congress I usually know who I'm going to vote for and if I remember something they said I research it.

A growing number of businesses have severed ties with the Trump Organization since last week’s insurrection, which many say Donald Trump is responsible for, and perhaps nobody’s more upset about the whole thing than Eric Frederick Trump.

Not only have all the major tech companies banned Donald Trump from their platforms, but Deutsche Bank announced it would cease doing business with him, and PGA of America announced it would no longer hold its namesake championship at any of his golf courses.

According to The New York Times‘ Maggie Haberman, losing the PGA tournament left the outgoing one-term president “gutted,” upsetting him even more than his impending second impeachment and possible removal from office.

Well, I guess he finally has to deal with the free market. Business owner's have the right to stop doing business with anyone they wish.

View attachment 442668

Well, sure it is but when American's go to the poll they continually vote for the same people. There has been several companies that have pulled donations to both republican and democratic party and it should stay that way, but I doubt it. Yes, they have forgotten it's us who get them there but do what the lobbyists want. If they had to run on donation's from you and I instead of large companies that ask for favor's in return is one step the next is term limits to coincide with a term a President serves 4 years and no benefits after they leave office. Then there are the people that vote straight party and they will never change. When I look at my ballot most of the time for President or congress I usually know who I'm going to vote for and if I remember something they said I research it.
The vote for the same people other people can't get on the ballot.

Why can't other people get on the ballot?

The 2 parties can spend literally more money than any candidate can and it is the 2 parties that control who gets on a the ballot.

Well, I guess he finally has to deal with the free market. Business owner's have the right to stop doing business with anyone they wish.

As an agnostic I seldom quote biblical verse but this comes to mind from Revelation 13:

It also forced all people, great and small, rich and poor, free and slave, to receive a mark on their right hands or on their foreheads, so that they could not buy or sell unless they had the mark, which is the name of the beast or the number of its name.

The program was expanded during our "golden age" of big government.

Actually, it was scaled back as part of the Reagan "Reforms" of the 1980's. For instance, pre-Reagan, if you had a dead parent and you were going to college, you got payments from SS. Not after that.

It's a Ponzi scheme- successful, perhaps. That depends on the interpretation.

Actually, the only problem is with the funding.... It paid for itself until recently. The real problem is the politicians looted it to pay for other things. Not a problem. Make the rich pay their fair share, put that money back. Problem solved.

One aspect of the election result that is getting short shrift would have to be the all-out attack of the state on the outgoing president. The state has reacted in an almost Armageddon-like vendetta against a citizen that rose to challenge it. This should cause reasonable minds to reflect on the circumstances surrounding a struggling democracy in the midst of globalization.

American democracy was hatched from an idea that promoted "limited government". The president was calling for a return to nationhood, not nationalism. Education in America has become state owned so citizens today have no idea of the difference.

One aspect of the election result that is getting short shrift would have to be the all-out attack of the state on the outgoing president. The state has reacted in an almost Armageddon-like vendetta against a citizen that rose to challenge it. This should cause reasonable minds to reflect on the circumstances surrounding a struggling democracy in the midst of globalization.

Actually, you are a bit confused. Trump isn't getting impeached because he opposed Globalization.

He's getting impeached because he repeatedly violated the common norms of decency and democratic government.

A guy the majority rejected consistently stuck his thumb in the eye of that majority. Unlike Bush, who actually acted in a conciliatory manner when he won after the majority said no, Trump just kept up with the bad behavior. Now he no longer has the protection of the presidency.

American democracy was hatched from an idea that promoted "limited government". The president was calling for a return to nationhood, not nationalism. Education in America has become state owned so citizens today have no idea of the difference.

Actually, the country was founded because a bunch of rich assholes didn't want to pay their fair share in taxes or give up their slaves.

They saved us from the horror of being-- Canadians.

Forum List

Back