Government Inquiry Into Clinton Emails Likely To Widen

doctordog

Aug 18, 2015
For now, federal authorities characterize the Justice Department inquiry into Hillary Clinton's private email server as a security situation: a simple matter of finding out whether classified information leaked out during her tenure as secretary of state, and where it went.

Except, former government officials said, that's not going to be so simple.

"I think that the FBI will be moving with all deliberate speed to determine whether there were serious breaches of national security here," said Ron Hosko, who used to lead the FBI's criminal investigative division.

He said agents will direct their questions not just at Clinton, but also her close associates at the State Department and beyond.

"I would want to know how did this occur to begin with, who knew, who approved," Hosko said.

Authorities are asking whether Clinton or her aides mishandled secrets about the Benghazi attacks and other subjects by corresponding about them in emails.

For her part, Clinton said she did not use that email account to send or receive anything marked classified.

"Whether it was a personal account or a government account, I did not send classified material, and I did not receive any material that was marked or designated classified which is the way you know whether something is," she said Tuesday in a question-and-answer session with reporters.

As the campaign intensifies, the FBI and its director, James Comey, will be operating in an environment filled with political sensitivity. But it won't be the first time, Hosko said.

"The FBI won't be ignorant to the political realities," he said, "but they have a job to do, they know that job, they've done it before, they will do it here."

Government Inquiry Into Clinton Emails Likely To Widen

Last edited by a moderator:
We certainly hope so. Who knows what the chicoms and russians got from her...the enn ess aay (and therefore obama) knows what was in those mails, too. Believe that.

While they're at it, they need to ask:

1. Where those 55,000 pages were printed, some of which contained highly classified information.
2. If the printer was certified secure.
3. Who viewed and handled the pages.
4. What was the chain of custody.
5. If Hillary was present at all times.

You know, things like that. Wouldn't it be a classic ironic twist for the real security breach to come when she was trying to delay proceedings by using printed copies instead of electronic, which could be searched and show evidence of classification markings being removed or altered?

We certainly hope so. Who knows what the chicoms and russians got from her...the enn ess aay (and therefore obama) knows what was in those mails, too. Believe that.

this is probably what some of the large foreign donations were for

Obama is fucking Hillary, she needs to go nuclear on him. He's going to end her career if she let's this continue

Obama is fucking Hillary, she needs to go nuclear on him. He's going to end her career if she let's this continue
I don't know if she can. He certainly knows where her Sec State skeletons are, and since her sycophants started the whole birther thing, he doesn't have much incentive to be nice. In addition, he doesn't want to be eclipsed as the first black president by the first woman president. He knocked her off when he was just an upstart candidate that no one took seriously, and he has a lot more power and options today. I don't think her fate is in her own hands any more.

I don't know if she can. He certainly knows where her Sec State skeletons are, and since her sycophants started the whole birther thing, he doesn't have much incentive to be nice. In addition, he doesn't want to be eclipsed as the first black president by the first woman president. He knocked her off when he was just an upstart candidate that no one took seriously, and he has a lot more power and options today. I don't think her fate is in her own hands any more.

plus he knows what was in those mails...enn ess aay has it all..believe that.

That is true. I believe the NSA has all of them and it ticks me off that Congress is pretending otherwise. I think they do that because they want to maintain the fiction that the NSA is NOT copying everything.

That is true. I believe the NSA has all of them and it ticks me off that Congress is pretending otherwise. I think they do that because they want to maintain the fiction that the NSA is NOT copying everything.

I think the admin uses the info to "influence" (blackmail) certain politicians/supreme court judges to vote/rule in their favor.

If I held a government job, I would assume that everything I wrote and said using public devices was being recorded.

Forum List

Back