Gov. Rick Scott Rejects Funding for High Speed Rail.

And who holds the majority in the senate?........They need to get off their asses.

That's the republicans fault?.......Give me a break.
thats not republican obstruction
thats DEMOCRAT obstruction
I know why YOU'RE here. You have absolutely nothing else to do. :lol:
hey, your democrats had 59 seats in the senate and they couldnt get ANYTHING done on all those bills?
dont blame the GOP for dem ineffectiveness

And who holds the majority in the senate?........They need to get off their asses.

The Republicans filibustered every one of those.

Don't you know anything? Why the fuck are you here? :lol:
Good for them........Better to fillibuster and see just what the hell the dem's are wasting their money on before going to vote. As we've seen these last few years as the dems held both majorities and two years under a president who spends money in eleven different directions without knowing where one penny is going, it's better safe than sorry. Better to see just what kind of ridiculous crap the dem's tried to stuff in those bills.

Face it, the dem's have been spending like a bunch of drunken sailors. They are not very bright people. theye've trashed this economy to no end. It's time their drunken spending days come to an and.

And besides, just look at the idiocy of quite a few of those bills. They should be tossed forthwit.....But then the dem's need to be tossed forthwit. They're useless!

[/size]

Good for them........Better to fillibuster and see just what the hell the dem's are wasting their money on before going to vote. As we've seen these last few years as the dems held both majorities and two years under a president who spends money in eleven different directions without knowing where one penny is going, it's better safe than sorry. Better to see just what kind of ridiculous crap the dem's tried to stuff in those bills.

Face it, the dem's have been spending like a bunch of drunken sailors. They are not very bright people. theye've trashed this economy to no end. It's time their drunken spending days come to an and.

And besides, just look at the idiocy of quite a few of those bills. They should be tossed forthwit.....But then the dem's need to be tossed forthwit. They're useless!

You just admitted that the Republicans did nothing but obstruct.

:clap2:

Keeping Up With the Christies

There is no sound economic justification for the decision by Gov. Rick Scott of Florida to reject $2.4 billion in federal financing for the vital Tampa-to-Orlando high-speed rail project. Political pandering to his Tea Party supporters is the only explanation we can come up with.

Over a decade in the planning, the 84-mile corridor was on the verge of construction, with guarantees from private entrepreneurs that they would absorb any cost overruns and operating deficits for the state. They anticipated 24,000 new jobs and a cornucopia of business growth for recession-mired Florida.

The 90 percent federal share was nevertheless rejected by Mr. Scott, whose deliberations included a 30-minute meeting with Tea Party opponents of the project. Instead of waiting for a state study, as he had promised, Mr. Scott offered his own pound-foolish bromides, as he insisted that Florida would not chip in $280 million.

He contended that state taxpayers could ultimately be on the hook for the whole project — but had no evidence to support that claim. “I don’t see any way anyone is going to get a return,” he insisted, ignoring the fact that sponsors included eight business consortiums from 11 countries. They saw opportunities rolling from the Orlando airport to downtown Tampa, Orange County, Walt Disney World and Lakeland.

Mr. Scott isn’t the only Republican governor who has decided to play politics with his state’s economic future. New Jersey’s Chris Christie killed off a much-needed mass-transit tunnel under the Hudson River, and lost $3 billion in pledged federal funds. Wisconsin’s Scott Walker and Ohio’s John Kasich made a show of rebuffing a total of $1.2 billion in federal high-speed rail help.

hey, your democrats had 59 seats in the senate and they couldnt get ANYTHING done on all those bills?
You need 60 votes to overcome a filibuster, dumbass.
no shit, dumbfuck
yet the GOP was able to get 60 votes when they had less seats
the dems only needed to get ONE and couldnt
thats the DEMS fault
too bad they never learned how to compromise

You just admitted that the Republicans did nothing but obstruct.

:clap2:
Fillibusterng to buy time time to ensure the dem's aren't further screwing this great countries citizens is not obstruction, it's necessity. They can no longer be trusted.

Let's see. The Repukes lied us into a war, then managed that war in such a way as to gaurentee failure. They let the mastermind of the murder of 3000 Americans on American soil get away, go unpunished for that. They managed to take an economy that was running a surplus and turn it into a huge deficit by cutting taxes in the midst of two wars. Then they totally crashed the economy. A crash that we are still trying to recover from.

And you state the Dems cannot be trusted?

thats not republican obstruction
thats DEMOCRAT obstruction

they had a supra majority for what? 8, 9 months?...they could have voted cloture and moved and enacted anything they wanted to and in some cases did..... they blame the reps because reid and pelosi were incompetent and short sighed, when they should be blaming their own caucus. ....:lol: denial runs deep.

Let's see. The Repukes lied us into a war, then managed that war in such a way as to gaurentee failure. They let the mastermind of the murder of 3000 Americans on American soil get away, go unpunished for that. They managed to take an economy that was running a surplus and turn it into a huge deficit by cutting taxes in the midst of two wars. Then they totally crashed the economy. A crash that we are still trying to recover from.

And you state the Dems cannot be trusted?
Still trying to hold the loony liberal line, "they lied us into war". Keep riding that horse with no legs and attempt to nail Jello to the wall. We'll keep laughin' at your sorry asses.

Yeah, you WISH Iraq was a failure. That's what you far left loons want to see. The more dead american troops you see, the harder your lil' needledicks become. You fucks just love dead american troops......Fact is, we won, douchebag.......We did the right thing.....DEAL WITH IT.

And isn't it quite interesting that we now have a president who is so spineless he just sits back and allows China to lecture us and tell us how to run our affairs?

You would have never seen any other president in the last fifty years, save for Carter (white Obama), sit back and take that shit.......JFK, Johnson, Nixon, Ford, REAGAN, GHW Bush, Clinton, and GW Bush would have told 'em to take that shit and shove it up their ass.

No, Not Obama. That would require having a fuckin' spine.

Last edited:
Republicans work tirelessly to make sure Americans come in dead last. Seems to be working.

FTR, talk is that this is all a part of the bald skinny guy running for President.
what guy is that?

a4s_scott020811_161716d.jpg

FTR, talk is that this is all a part of the bald skinny guy running for President.

He won't get my vote unless he survives the primary and runs against Obama. I can't think of any other somewhat viable candidate in any party who wouldn't get my vote against Rick Scott. I voted for him for Governor and I think he'll do an okay job there (as opposed to Alex Sink who I think would have done an absolutely horrible job) but he's not what I want in a President.

they had a supra majority for what? 8, 9 months?...they could have voted cloture and moved and enacted anything they wanted to and in some cases did..... they blame the reps because reid and pelosi were incompetent and short sighed, when they should be blaming their own caucus. ....:lol: denial runs deep.

During the time they had a full 60 vote majority they tried to pass things without the votes instead of concentrating on those things on which they had the votes. Big time lack of leadership.

As my wife and I were watching the new this morning this subject came up and my wife asked: "AmTrak looses money and apparently people don't use it much. Why would High Speed Rail be any different?"

I go to Oralano on a regular basis .
It takes less 1 1/2 to get to the resort.
It cost about 10 bucks round trip maybe .
If we took the train it would cost for tickets and parking and then taxis and be very inconvenient. I wouldnt go.

Good for him.
High speed rail means private citizens are going to lose some or perhaps all of their land in order to put the rail tracks down.
Not only that but we can't afford it. These things always cost more than they ever project in spending.

Yeah, like the Interstate Highway System. What a waste of money that was.

Forum List

Back