gosar censure debate : distributing/posting violence-promoting content is forbidden in all democracies for very good and necessary reasons.

peacefan

Gold Member
Mar 8, 2018
Amsterdam, Netherlands
distributing/posting violence-promoting content is forbidden in all democracies for very good and necessary reasons.

but now i see on CNN-live (CNN Live Stream) a live discussion among top US politicians where the democrats have to defend this principle and law of western mass media companies and public officials.

i think it's very degrading for the overall quality of governance of any country, locally and/or nationally, to abandon this principle.

opinions?

Gosar is saying the video was directed at children now.

It's why it's in the anime format.

If he wasn't already kooky enough.

It depends on what they call promotion of violence.

That Gosar thing was literally a cartoon animation, and so it's hard to take seriously. I watched it and I truly could not see the alleged violent threat against Pelosi and whoever, it was so chaotic and confused and fast-moving.

Open attempts to organize Flash Mobs or Arab Spring-type revolutions, however, are problematic and have often happened on Twitter and Facebook. These media are perfect for organizing violence, and that could become a problem here.

CNN : Gosar :
the cartoon was not a threat. but because others did see it as a threat, i removed it myself [within a few days after posting it].
twitter did not remove it, saying "it was in the public's interest for it to say".
[a few comments on how the cartoon was a political statement instead].

my reply to this is that all sites like youtube and twitter and facebook had better upgrade and thus tighten up their anti-violence-promotions content filters, and add a 'report' button to each post and posted image/video/sound-file on their sites.

not even US republican voters in the state where Gosar was elected support violence as a way to 'enhance' your message, Gosar!
see

We are certainly working up to a civil war in this country, and so probably they will censure Gosar, to try to put the war off for awhile. The Left is sure to start any civil war that does get started, probably with mass violence in the cities spilling over into white areas. And whites fighting back.

Would Facebook and Twitter cooperate with organization of a civil war by either side? They may not be able to stop it: use of codewords is already popular on both forums ("Let's Go, Brandon!" is just one such).

distributing/posting violence-promoting content is forbidden in all democracies for very good and necessary reasons.

but now i see on CNN-live (CNN Live Stream) a live discussion among top US politicians where the democrats have to defend this principle and law of western mass media companies and public officials.

i think it's very degrading for the overall quality of governance of any country, locally and/or nationally, to abandon this principle.

opinions?
No need for debate. I know what the problem is.

opinions?

Mod Note: Moved to politics. Hot and Current political HIJINKS and warfare is not a good topic for Clean Debate. The topic itself is too baiting and polarizing for Civil Discussion. If any discussion is needed here -- contact me in PM.

It is a cartoon. As much of a threat as the cartoon of Mohammed with an exploding turban is a threat to Muslims. Is is an acceptable commentary on democrat communists.

opinions?
When was this insufferable hag censured for this?

opinions?

The left lost this battle when Maxine Waters told people to assault Trump supporters and the left cheered.

Also, keep in mind that the government assassinated an unarmed protester at the Capitol on January 6th. Again, the left cheered.

We are certainly working up to a civil war in this country, and so probably they will censure Gosar, to try to put the war off for awhile. The Left is sure to start any civil war that does get started, probably with mass violence in the cities spilling over into white areas. And whites fighting back.

Would Facebook and Twitter cooperate with organization of a civil war by either side? They may not be able to stop it: use of codewords is already popular on both forums ("Let's Go, Brandon!" is just one such).
the left never promoted violence, only the right to demonstrate, which is one of the pillars that holds up the roof of any democracy.

and new phrases can be reported on and then automatically blocked for use by any user.
adding such functionality to a social media platform is trivially easy.

the left never promoted violence, only the right to demonstrate, which is one of the pillars that holds up the roof of any democracy.

and new phrases can be reported on and then automatically blocked for use by any user.
adding such functionality to a social media platform is trivially easy.
Incredibly wrong. Immoral. Thought control.

I suppose you must be a radical leftist.

When was this insufferable hag censured for this?

"and you tell them they're not welcome".

bad choice of words, worthy of takedown really.

just making clear that i hold all political parties to the same tight standards when it comes to public discourse and political campaigning. i consider doing that to be one of my civic duties.

It is a cartoon. As much of a threat as the cartoon of Mohammed with an exploding turban is a threat to Muslims. Is is an acceptable commentary on democrat communists.
Remember when Griffin held up that fake decapotated head of trump…. Just a fake head, right?! And she was a comedian doing a joke… I remember you defending her… wait… nevermind

"and you tell them they're not welcome".

bad choice of words, worthy of takedown really.

just making clear that i hold all political parties to the same tight standards when it comes to public discourse and political campaigning. i consider doing that to be one of my civic duties.
Don't give a fuck what your cheap excuse is.

Rules for thee, but not for me.

The left lost this battle when Maxine Waters told people to assault Trump supporters and the left cheered.

Also, keep in mind that the government assassinated an unarmed protester at the Capitol on January 6th. Again, the left cheered.
Maybe some Repubs can have mock censures of Democrats. Waters was definitely a candidate for that. Repubs come to power in a year or so they better do the same. Progs know how to go low. And they have won with it.

Forum List

Back