Gorsuch condones usurpation of power in Civil Rights case, ignores oath of office

The amendment process is busted.

Our Congress can’t even agree to pass a simple budget, let alone Amend the Constitution

Pressure from the people gets the amendment process going. As it should be. And its all the more reason why the courts should not overstep their boundaries.

Mark

We have lost our way. If equal protection was there, why did it take an amendment to give women the right to vote?

Exactly! If our Constitution, after the Fourteenth Amendment's adoption, prohibited distinctions in state law based upon "sex", why was it necessary to adopt the Nineteenth Amendment forbidding the right to vote to be denied "on account of sex"?

Additionally, why would there have been a proposed, and so-call equal rights amendment attempted to be added to the Constitution of the United States in the 1980’s to prohibit "sex" discrimination, which fell short of the required number of ratifying States, if the 14th Amendment already prohibited discrimination based upon sex as the Court’s majority contends?

JWK

"The public welfare demands that constitutional cases must be decided according to the terms of the Constitution itself, and not according to judges' views of fairness, reasonableness, or justice." -- Justice Hugo L. Black ( U.S. Supreme Court Justice, 1886 - 1971) Source: Lecture, Columbia University, 1968

Pressure from the people gets the amendment process going. As it should be. And its all the more reason why the courts should not overstep their boundaries.

Mark
The people have spoken....

They don't give a fuk about your need to discriminate against gays....

That is how ending discrimination works ....worked that way when it was aimed at black people, women, etc......

If you keep finding yourself on the wrong side of these things, that is a personal problem

They don't give a fuk about your need to discriminate against gays....

That is how ending discrimination works ....worked that way when it was aimed at black people, women, etc......

If you keep finding yourself on the wrong side of these things, that is a personal problem

Courts making up law out of thin air will further divide our country. Apparently you don't believe that to be a problem. I do.

Mark

You people are cowards! Why don't you just admit that you are against extending the civil rights act to LGBT folks and dispense with the crap about how it should have been don legislatively . You know that would not happen in our lifetime, and I know that you would not support such congressional action. If it did come up for a vote you would be bitching about how employers have rights too. Stop lying !

I'll admit more than that - I'm against the Civil Rights Act entirely as it pertains to private enterprise. Business should be free to engage in commerce, or not engage in commerce, with whoever they want for whatever reason they want. THAT is freedom. Why do you hate freedom?

That is how ending discrimination works

How do you figure? If I don't want to employ a black guy or a fairy I'll just make up some other reason not to hire them. I'll say I don't like their haircut, or their tattoos, or their attitude. How the fuck you gonna prove otherwise?

This was the sole reason why I voted for Trump, Gorsuch's treachery in this naked piece of judicial legislation is profound and irrevocable. I'd absolutely love to see him, and Roberts turn up dead, and why is it that republicans, unlike democrats, never see to that for us, as Obama did with Scalia? I cannot be any more explicit, I would consider Roberts, and Gorsuch's deaths as extraordinarily satisfying, these creatures are fucking evil and need to be extirpated from our society! Mark my words, next up both of these evil fucking creatures slam-dunk The Little Sisters of the Poor for Obama, who hates them!
Just because the SCOTUS renders a decision, doesn't mean it's final. Look at the constant barrage of cases brought before the court on gun laws, even though the court rendered its decision on firearms decades ago. It's a case of, if at first you don't hear what you want, keep trying, again and again.

Just because the SCOTUS renders a decision, doesn't mean it's final. Look at the constant barrage of cases brought before the court on gun laws, even though the court rendered its decision on firearms decades ago. It's a case of, if at first you don't hear what you want, keep trying, again and again.
Look, you cannot afford that mentality, are you not seeing the unfolding horror before eyes? They are now distributing ballots via mail to every fucking address in over a dozen states, we have a radical leftist majority on high court ruling in unchecked perpetuity, you can bet your ass, just as they did with the census, they will wave magic wand and "presto" mail in and ballot harvesting is mandated! I voted for Trump holding nose, I initially intended to not vote at all, but hated that ugly bitch so much, hated Obama so much, I decided to hold nose and waste the vote! Miracle of miracles later he was elected, and he has succeeded in seating two men on that high court, and Gorsuch just threw down the gauntlet, his naked judicial legislating in this case was a death blow to the United States! We don't have decades, open fucking eyes, China controls the democratic party and all decamped USA businesses, those businesses all prefer China over the United States, that is what this shit is all about, for Gods sake the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs apologized to the mob for following his oath, and a half dozen former generals, including two former NSA's sided with the fucking mob, the DNC, and China against their own nation!

This was the sole reason why I voted for Trump, Gorsuch's treachery in this naked piece of judicial legislation is profound and irrevocable. I'd absolutely love to see him, and Roberts turn up dead, and why is it that republicans, unlike democrats, never see to that for us, as Obama did with Scalia? I cannot be any more explicit, I would consider Roberts, and Gorsuch's deaths as extraordinarily satisfying, these creatures are fucking evil and need to be extirpated from our society! Mark my words, next up both of these evil fucking creatures slam-dunk The Little Sisters of the Poor for Obama, who hates them!

Look, you cannot afford that mentality, are you not seeing the unfolding horror before eyes? They are now distributing ballots via mail to every fucking address in over a dozen states, we have a radical leftist majority on high court ruling in unchecked perpetuity, you can bet your ass, just as they did with the census, they will wave magic wand and "presto" mail in and ballot harvesting is mandated! I voted for Trump holding nose, I initially intended to not vote at all, but hated that ugly bitch so much, hated Obama so much, I decided to hold nose and waste the vote! Miracle of miracles later he was elected, and he has succeeded in seating two men on that high court, and Gorsuch just threw down the gauntlet, his naked judicial legislating in this case was a death blow to the United States! We don't have decades, open fucking eyes, China controls the democratic party and all decamped USA businesses, those businesses all prefer China over the United States, that is what this shit is all about, for Gods sake the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs apologized to the mob for following his oath, and a half dozen former generals, including two former NSA's sided with the fucking mob, the DNC, and China against their own nation!
1592759480016.png
1592759495438.png

1592759520434.png

So not being able to fire LGBT people is a death blow to the United States!?? Seriously?

So not being able to fire LGBT people is a death blow to the United States!?? Seriously?
The ruling itself was two things, first it created super-citizens out of a hodgepodge of sexually deviant sub-groups who are now DNA'd to the nation, including the military. Secondly, and directly to your short sighted interpretation of posted comment, it was Gorsuch's coming out party, you don't author a ruling like that if you give one shit about the original intent of the law, or the United States! :fu:

I'm not denying the horror story unfolding in the US. I'm just saying that just because the SCOTUS renders a decision on a matter, doesn't mean that decision can't be challenged at a later date.
As for the horror itself, I believe that the only thing that will change what is happening to this nation is an actual blood and guts, shooting war, brought on by armed civilians forming militias, as well as operating individually, fighting to take back this nation from Marxism/Leninism. Until that starts, we will just see the nation continue to devolve.

The ruling itself was two things, first it created super-citizens out of a hodgepodge of sexually deviant sub-groups who are now DNA'd to the nation, including the military. Secondly, and directly to your short sighted interpretation of posted comment, it was Gorsuch's coming out party, you don't author a ruling like that if you give one shit about the original intent of the law, or the United States! :fu:
You're right .He does not give a shit about the intent of the law. He is a textualist, he cares about the words as written. And as for you, you clearly don't give a shit about others who happen to be different. Your assessment of LGBT people- and they are people-disgusts me.

Indeed they have! And they refused to adopt an Equal Rights Amendment since its inception in 1923.

“Article  —

“ Section 1. Equality of rights under the law shall not be denied or abridged by the United States or by any State on account of sex.

“ Section 2. The Congress shall have the power to enforce, by appropriate legislation, the provisions of this article.

“ Section 3. This article shall take effect 2 years after the date of ratification.”

It should also be noted that In 1946, the Equal Rights Amendment is defeated by a full Senate vote.

So tell us, where does Congress get the authority in 1964, "to enforce, by appropriate legislation," [The Civil Rights Act of 1964], distinctions within "any State on account of sex", when the people refuse to grant such power to Congress?

JWK

Those who reject abiding by the text of our Constitution, and the intentions and beliefs under which it was agree to, as documented from historical records and gives context to its text, wish to remove the anchor and rudder of our constitutional system so they may then be free to “interpret” the Constitution to mean whatever they wish it to mean.

Indeed they have! And they refused to adopt an Equal Rights Amendment since its inception in 1923.

“Article  —

“ Section 1. Equality of rights under the law shall not be denied or abridged by the United States or by any State on account of sex.

“ Section 2. The Congress shall have the power to enforce, by appropriate legislation, the provisions of this article.

“ Section 3. This article shall take effect 2 years after the date of ratification.”

It should also be noted that In 1946, the Equal Rights Amendment is defeated by a full Senate vote.

So tell us, where does Congress get the authority in 1964, "to enforce, by appropriate legislation," [The Civil Rights Act of 1964], distinctions within "any State on account of sex", when the people refuse to grant such power to Congress?

JWK

Those who reject abiding by the text of our Constitution, and the intentions and beliefs under which it was agree to, as documented from historical records and gives context to its text, wish to remove the anchor and rudder of our constitutional system so they may then be free to “interpret” the Constitution to mean whatever they wish it to mean.

Well Biff? Did you miss my answer?

JWK

How do you figure? If I don't want to employ a black guy or a fairy I'll just make up some other reason not to hire them. I'll say I don't like their haircut, or their tattoos, or their attitude. How the fuck you gonna prove otherwise?

Do you live in California or New York?

Forum List

Back